Travel with insulin to the Riviera Maya

Pepa V's profile photo   05/19/2018 5:25 p.m.

Hello everyone I am new in this forum and type one diabetics with slow and fast insulin.I have some doubts since I have planned to travel the month of August to the Riviera Maya, I have thought about taking 4 or 5 feathers of each one, I suppose that I will also have to carry a medical recipe and my doubt is, do I have to take all the feathers started orIs there any cooling system that allows me to take them without starting?Can I have any problem on the plane?In addition to the family doctor's medical recipe, will they ask me something else?I hope you give me a hand
All the best

Pepa V's profile photo
Pepa V
05/19/2018 5:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I also go to the Riviera Maya in August, well, I'm going to tour the Yucatan Peninsula and I finish in the Riviera, I will take two feathers of each since I go only 12 days and I will take cooling case and that's it, they don't haveWhy be started.On the plane everything has to go with you in the hand luggage or in your bag, do not goals in the suitcase that you are going to bill since in the wineries the temperature changes are very sudden and they could spoil you.What you have to take to travel by plane, just in case they asked you, it is a medical report in which you put everything you have to carry with you, needles, feathers, the type of glucose meter you use, glucagon, etc.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/19/2018 5:35 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Apart from what they have told you, for the cold case if you do not have it you can buy it online, and the medical report there are also English translated models that are fine, and simply the doctor has to sign it.I have taken more than 35 planes and for now only once they asked me about insulin and it was because I had more than 20 bolis, as soon as they saw what they were saying that ok, and I have never had to teach report.Come on, they are super accustomed, you will not have any problem.

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
05/19/2018 6:58 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

To me the same @"maritxu22", I have never had to teach the report and have never asked me about what I was carrying

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/19/2018 11:13 p.m.

I have been traveling for many years throughout the world, and they have never asked me for any report.Sometimes, as they ask you what is (insulin), and that's it.

I always carry twice the material that I would need for the days I travel.And if you go with someone, distribute the material.Thus, in case something happens to you with hand luggage, you have plan b.

Enjoy the trip.

piruha's profile photo
piruha
05/21/2018 11:14 a.m.

DM1 desde 1987 (con 3 años)
Lantus y Humalog
Dexcom g5

They have ever asked me either but it is mandatory and to avoid a possible problem I recommend that you carry it because it costs nothing :)

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/21/2018 1:28 p.m.

No problem.It only carries double medication and cold bag that is recovered with water in 2 min.It weighs a little but keeps insulin below 25 degrees.
The certificate is given by the endocrin@.
Enjoy cows.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/28/2018 12:26 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.