How to have breakfast lunch and eat as a diabetics

lupe's profile photo   06/11/2017 5:42 p.m.

Estimated I have a lot of organizing and knowing how to eat as a diabetic and in these last times the glycemia is going up to 200, which had never happened to me now they sent me to take the Jardiance Tab.But I see few results .-
Someone with experience to help me thanks

lupe's profile photo
lupe
06/11/2017 5:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @lupe,

I intuit for the medication that you put that you are type II so it should be easier to control it than to a type I if you carry a correct diet.I am type I.

I tell you a quick summary of what I do in case it serves you:

- No processed products that are almost everything in the Super.I make the purchase only in the sections of fresh products: vegetables, fruit, legume, nuts, meat, fish, eggs and some dairy.
- A lot of varied vegetables in all meals.I always make a first vegetable or salad.
- Protein in all meals.Meat, fish or eggs in all meals.The eggs like for breakfast in scrambled (a couple).To eat soil, eat meat and at dinner fish.
- Good fats: olive oil, avocado, nuts and the one that is naturally in meats, fish and eggs.
- No refined flours.I personally do not like bread or pasta or other flour -based things, it is unnecessary and I am already used to it.The ideal is not to eat it but if you eat something that is integral (you have to look at the labels and put in ingredients integral flour because most are refined with bran that is not the same).
- No juices even if they are natural, the always whole fruits that carry the fiber and raise sugar slower.
- To chop nuts or depending on how fruit glucose is.Sometimes also a black chocolate piece but 80% cocoa or more.
- From time to time as something I should not but if it does 90% of the time nothing happens because one day it eats badly and suggests more sugar.In my case when using insulin, it compensates with more doses, you will not be able to go down alone.If you do sports before it is the best time to eat things with more hydrate.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
07/27/2017 6:41 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@"Yesssica_a", so ... don't you drink any hydrates at breakfast?
And in the rest of the meals, do your hydrates provide only legumes?

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/28/2017 9:35 a.m.

@Amelie if I take some hydrate but little, of course not as much as they say in the typical diabetic diets.I think they do not work to carry good control and have sold us that certain foods that are not essential are essential.I also believed that they were necessary but I started interested in nutrition and after reading several books and blogs of people who are up to date with the last scientific studies I have realized that it makes no sense.And of course the processed garbage they sell in the Super much less, you just have to see how the population's health has worsened since we eat all those things.

I tell you a complete menu of a typical day:

- Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, a coffee or decaffeinated with sugar milk and a glass of kefir (or yogurt).Someday also fruit.For me the most comfortable are the eggs because they make them quickly and fill a lot, I am not hungry throughout the morning.
- Half morning: coffee or decaffeinated with milk and depending on how glucose is a fruit.I work in an office so when I do not move in the morning I do not need anything and since I am not hungry the fruit only I take it if I see that it will download me.
I carry the free style and I can measure glucose whenever I want to adjust more.
- Food: Normally as a single dish with a lot of vegetables and some meat.The day that plays legumes are with the typical flesh of cooked and berza or in summer I make them in salad and put tuna, fresh cheese and chopped vegetables.For dessert a fruit and sometimes also natural yogurt (I always buy them whole natural).
- I do not diminish although if I get hungry I like nuts (a handful) or a piece of black chocolate of 80% cocoa (there is one in very rich and cheap lidl to be so pure, the chocolate so black if it is not goodknows quite badly).
- Supper: Salad and normally fish although I once changed it for meat and a fruit.Sometimes also a little cured or sausage cheese or a natural yogurt.At dinner is when I go to the gym before and I arrive hungry.

On weekends I already adapt a little to the plans that I have and I do not follow this at 100%.As I can adjust insulin depending on what eats no problem.

Bread and other flour derivatives are not necessary, you can live perfectly without them but if you like it, try not to pass with the quantities and buy the integral versions.Pasta and rice the same, always integral.But it is always much better vegetables and fruit that have many more nutrients and a lot of fiber.

The trick not to get bored is to look for different vegetable recipes and vary.You can do very rich things and there is a lot of variety of vegetables.For example, if you like the lasagers you can make a mousaka that is similar but it has a eggplant instead of pasta and throwing little bechamel will wear little hydrate and with all the fiber of the vegetables it raises you slowly.
For the pasta I make zucchini strips with a special peel that does Juliana and that replaces the spaghetti.If you like the Cous Cous you can change it by scratched cauliflower with a cheese grater.It looks a lot and is very rich.The pizza there are several recipes out there to replace the dough, I have seen one of cauliflower and another of chicken and cheese.The cauliflower looks pretty good if you like the taste because it knows cauliflower a lot (although you have to eat it with a fork because the dough is not enough but it is good).If you are looking for lower recipes in hydrates, there are a lot of ideas so as not to get bored.

It is to try what best works for you and adapts to your tastes and lifestyle.I have been doing all this little by little, trying that I was better and adapting the recipes that I find my tastes.

Yessica_A
07/28/2017 2:25 p.m.

Yes, you take much less hydrates than me ...
Your diet seems very healthy but I think I couldn't do it.On the one hand because I think my body does need them and, on the other, because as soon as I move a little I burn them right away and I approach the hypoglycemia (for example, today without going any further: I have started cleaning the bathroomBefore eating and when I have punctured before sitting at the table to verify the glucose I was in 75).
I can't take rice, pasta etc. because they don't feel good;I try that to buy them of "good quality."
Thank you @"Yesssica_a" for your advice and I'm glad you have given a diet that is doing well :)

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/28/2017 4:18 p.m.

@"Amélie" I feel that it does not work for you, each body is a world and not all the same things go well.Let's see if you find the diet that does well.Luck

Yessica_A
07/28/2017 4:52 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.