Insulin pump

Javieri's profile photo   05/20/2018 11:23 p.m.

Hello, I was diagnosed with DM type 1, almost 35 years old.Almost five years ago I am not able to control either hypos or hyper, after several visits to the endocrine and with advice from my doctor and nurse, they suggested that I consider my endocrine, on the next visit they will tell me something.My question is that for the implementation of the pump.Is it necessary to be hospitalized or missing work?I live in Mostoles, Madrid.

Javieri's profile photo
Javieri
05/20/2018 11:23 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

No, you will not be hospitalized but if you will have to do a kind of training in the hospital where they take your treatment.What happens to you to not be able to control the hypos or hyper?

JPR's profile photo
JPR
05/21/2018 10:34 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Well I get up at 5:15 a.m.And with 200 or 300, adjust the UL. Said by the endocrine at two hours has not dropped or has risen to 300 or almost 400 and at 8 h.I have 60. Someday I spent the day eating cookies why I do not go back the hypo, which sometimes I do not distinguish.

Javieri's profile photo
Javieri
05/21/2018 10:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You lack slow and fast insulin, even if they are going to put the bomb I would go up the slow since those figures are very high.To trace the hypo glucose in gel or juice that is absorbed faster, taking cookies is a mistake since it takes time to absorb and apart from the fact that hypoglycemia is extended after there is usually a bounce hyperglycemia

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
05/22/2018 9:37 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

@Javieri, adjust the slow one first, go up one in a unit until you wake up well.
Then the fast.I think you are slow and you have too fast at breakfast, so you went down to 80.
First adjust the slow and you may have to get less fast.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/22/2018 1:03 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

With the poorly tight doses (as it seems to be your case) you will also have hyper and hypos with an insulin pump.Your problem is dose adjustment and at the moment you have to dedicate yourself, as you have told you previously, regardless of the type of therapy you carry and you can consider from now on.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
05/22/2018 3:55 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

I agree with the comments that have been given to you, your problem is insulin adjustment and the pump by itself will not solve the problem.In fact, the pump requires a lot of learning and knowing how to make adjustments and count very well.
I think the first thing should meet with the educator or the endocrine and that it teaches you well to count hydrates and adjust insulin.It is something regardless of whether they put you bomb or do not know how to do good control.
The only advantage that I see a bomb over the bolis is the basal settings that allows you.Being able to have several basal throughout the day and make very fast modifications for sports issues, disease, hormones ... but if you don't know how to adjust you is no use.In return you carry a device with a catheter attached to the body 24 hours a day.There you have to assess whether in your personal situation it is worth more one thing or another but do not wait for the pump to solve the lack of control.You have to solve it by learning to make adjustments you use the system you use.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
05/22/2018 6:19 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.