{'en': 'The FDA will study the use of healthy zynquista as a possible control of type 1 diabetes', 'es': 'La FDA estudiará el uso de Zynquista de Sanofi como posible control de la diabetes tipo 1'} Image

The FDA will study the use of healthy zynquista as a possible control of type 1 diabetes

fer's profile photo   05/23/2018 5:26 p.m.

The American drug agency (FDA) has accepted the regulatory presentation of the Sanofi Pharmaceutical Company for Zynquista (Sotagliflozina), which will review the possible use of this drug in combination with insulin treatment to improve blood sugar control inAdults with type I diabetes.

"If approved, Zynquista would be the first oral antidiabetic drug approved in the United States for adults with type I diabetes, in combination with insulin," explains Senior Vice President and Global Head of Development of Sanofi, Jorge Insuasty."We hope to work with the FDA through the revision process with a view to carrying this drug in adults with type I diabetes in the United States," he adds.

Developed in association with Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, Zynquista is a double oral inhibitor in SGLT-1 and SGLT-2 research, proteins that influence how intestines and kidneys absorb and eliminate sugar (glucose), improving glucose control andWith additional clinical benefits.

Few changes so far

“After decades of few changes and innovations, the treatment of type I diabetes has begun to change significantly and, if approved, our double SGLT1 and SGLT2, zynquista inhibitor would be the first oral therapy approved in combination with insulin to improve theglycemic control and the results of adult patients in the United States living with type I diabetes, ”describes the executive vice president and medical director of Lexicon, Dr. Pablo Lapuerta.

"The acceptance of the presentation of NDA brings us closer to providing a significant option for people with type I diabetes and we hope to continue working closely with the FDA during the review process," adds Pablo Lapuerta.

The new application of the FDA for Sotagliflozine is based on data from the INTANDEM clinical trial program that includes three clinical trials in phase III that evaluate the safety and efficacy of zynquista in approximately 3,000 adults with diabetes type I inadequately controlled.Security and efficiency data have not yet been evaluated by any regulatory authority.

fer's profile photo
fer
05/23/2018 5:26 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

As always much waste to not count anything, you can only glimpse that it would be only for use for those with bad control, removing that at all how it would act.Of course, when interest, there have been no significant advances in diabetes and when we are also interested in an app, it becomes the solution to diabetes.That lack of sanity and wisdom.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
05/23/2018 6:05 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

It seems that it is a treatment to reduce glucose absorption by cells and therefore to reduce the consequences of high glucose.If so, it can be very good treatment.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/02/2018 9:47 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.