High glycemia after normal postpandry

Miriamvlc's profile photo   06/25/2017 8:25 p.m.

Hello, I would like to know someone's experience about what is happening to me and how to solve it.I am doing controls at 2h to eat (about 4:30 p.m.).At 8pm I am going to walk and I control my glycemia, and these days after having a normal postpondrial, past 6h of the food I am at 180-200.Not merging, I usually take an infusion with sweetener.
I do not think it has hypoglycemia and a rebound effect occurs because I usually notice the symptoms.Should I get more insulin?Or should I eat less HC and more fiber?

Miriamvlc's profile photo
Miriamvlc
06/25/2017 8:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, @"miriamvlc"
I don't know what can be happening, but with a postprandial glucose of 100-130 mg/dl you cannot upload the rapid insulin ratio of the food or you could be close to hypoglycemia sometimes.They can be several things: or that during the afternoon the dose of slow insulin that you put yourself is a little scarce and go up the glucose slowly or that the food has enoughFat and the absorption of HC is being produced after the effect of fast insulin ... to tell you something, a boat soon.
If you do not have a continuous meter, try one day to go doing several hair controls in that time section to see what is happening and how is that climb from 100 to 200, if it is slow and gradual or fast and sudden ... what time do you doIt produces, if it is always to the same ... write down that data and you can draw conclusions.
In any case, whatever the problem, there is a solution ...;)

JPR's profile photo
JPR
06/25/2017 11:12 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Hi @"miriamvlc", because it happens more or less what I have hiatus hernia and it takes a long time to digest food, if at 2 the maxim gives me at 7 in the afternoon, inYour possible case is a problem of slow digestion too.In fact, at 2 hours of eating you have a slightly low postpondrial so it is surely still in a period of up.You can do what JPR tells you by taking note of the evolution of glucose from just before eating until you have the maximum peak and if it is a problem of slow digestion what you can do is put the rapid average or an approx time.After eating to cover you more time, although you should go to see when you go best.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
06/28/2017 1:25 p.m.

At 18 or 19 h is sometimes an hour where we sometimes need more basal, as the partner tells you this you can really just verify it with an MCG, the liver releases you glycogen and causes you that climb, sometimes we get dumb.
You do not tell us that basal insulin you use, if it is lantus and you put it in the afternoon night it may be that you have the answer there.
Have you commented with the endocrine?He will indicate the guidelines to follow.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/29/2017 7:42 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I also happened to me and now I use a dose to a dose.One in mid-morning (2-3 UD) to reinforce the afternoons and the night.
Solved.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/04/2017 8:59 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

jconegar said:
at 6:00 p.m.glycogen and causes you that climb, sometimes we get dumb.
You do not tell us that basal insulin you use, if it is lantus and you put it in the afternoon night it may be that you have the answer there.
Have you commented with the endocrine?He will indicate the guidelines to follow.

Well, I get Lantus 15u at night.The truth that I have been carefree from diabetes for a carefree time and now I am trying to control and cost me again.The truth that discourages me when as I correctly control the blood glucose I exercise and I see a glycemia or 56 or the opposite of 200 and peak.

Miriamvlc's profile photo
Miriamvlc
07/13/2017 12:46 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.