{'en': 'Free Freestyle Configuration or FreeLink app', 'es': 'Configuración del Freestyle libre o la app Librelink'} Image

Free Freestyle Configuration or FreeLink app

Raulgc's profile photo   06/05/2017 11:02 p.m.

Good, I didn't know what category to put it in and I have decided on it.If it is not here that the moderators correct me please.It is my first post, you are not very hard with me.

It is for people who use freestyle sensors, either with the ABBOTT meter or the Android LibreLink app, I don't use another app.
It is when creating the endocrine reports.

All of us who use these meters know that they are not exact, I mean that they rarely coincide with reactive strips meters.Normally they mark me between 15 and 20.

So that in the report you do not mark false hypos, what I do, is to configure it so that the hypo begins to count below 70, which is the minimum that lets you put, both the freestyle meter and app, II had it in 85. I tell you this, because in the last review, the endocrine, was freaking out with all the hypos that marked the report.

He put better face when I told him the difference in the measurement.So I have decided to lower it so that the report does not appear so much red due to false hypos.It is a bit drip, but when the endocrine sees it will not put that face of astonishment saying what that is.It is to facilitate it, you just have to modify it in the "objective range" section.

I leave some photos for you to see.

Raulgc's profile photo
Raulgc
06/05/2017 11:02 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1.
Debut en 2002 con 23 años.
Medtronic 640g
Freestyle libre.
Última hemo 6,3.
Hipotiroidismo.

Hello @"raulgc"
In my case, Freestyle is completely accurate in its results that it offers, I have said it more than once in this forum, so that the differences that you only occur in certain people, not in others.
I just breakfast with 110 mg/dl in capillary and 113 mg/dl in freestyle sensor.My last hypoglycemia was last night, with 63 mg/dl in capillary and 64 mg/dl in freestyle.In my case, I already tell you, nail the results with respect to the capillary and I have no need to touch any scale.
Do you put the sensor with stable blood glucose, without having eaten HC or having active fast insulin, rotating the insertion areas and waiting for the calibration time without moving?I think these factors are quite important when starting a sensor ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
06/06/2017 9:04 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

jpr said:
hello @"raulgc"
In my case, Freestyle is completely accurate in its results that it offers, I have said it more than once in this forum, so that the differences that you only occur in certain people, not in others.
I just breakfast with 110 mg/dl in capillary and 113 mg/dl in freestyle sensor.My last hypoglycemia was last night, with 63 mg/dl in capillary and 64 mg/dl in freestyle.In my case, I already tell you, nail the results with respect to the capillary and I have no need to touch any scale.
Do you put the sensor with stable blood glucose, without having eaten HC or having active fast insulin, rotating the insertion areas and waiting for the calibration time without moving?I think these factors are quite important when starting a sensor ...

I always put it with stable glucose and before any main meal.I believe that in my case, it can be, that I have no gram of fat in the arm.There are times that I don't know if it is the sensor or the arm part that you put on it.Sometimes it is a lottery.

Raulgc's profile photo
Raulgc
06/06/2017 9:13 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1.
Medtronic 640g
Freestyle libre.
Última hemo 6,3.
Hipotiroidismo.

The same thing happens to me, I have measures that nail them and others with up to 30 difference.Lottery.What I have read that it is very important to be well hydrated but in my case I have not noticed improvement by moisturizing more.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/06/2017 12:07 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It happens to me as @jpr is usually very close.
The alternate in the gluteans that there is fat and active sleeping, at dawn.without insulin effects ... at 4 or so

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/06/2017 8:21 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

There is one thing that you must take into account, the reading of the free has been delayed for 15 minutes with respect to the capillary so most of the time should not coincide, only when you are stable and the free meter indicates a hotizontal flechite.If the free marks the arrow up you will be higher because the value is 15 minutes ago, if it marks the arrow down you will be lower, how much?You have to see each one, in my case with the diagonal arrow I have detected a difference of about 15 mg/dl approx.To detect the accuracy of the free you should make a reading first with the capillary and after 15 minutes do it with the free.Tip: If you see enough differences in the meter ask the firm Abbott that they go down because it does not work well.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
06/08/2017 8:48 a.m.

I have been on for the first time.

The first 2 days nailed the measurements with the capillary, from the first measurement I made after 60 minutes.
From the 4 day he began to leave from 20 to 30mg, but I did not give importance to the thing.
But already arrived at the 6th day, it has a difference of about 60-70mg .... it only starts to mark that I am 50 when I really am in 130 or so capillary.All day being between 80-110 it marks me ...

I thought about calling Abbot but I found the solution to the problem and now I use Glimp, which at least lets me calibrate and follows the same trend but 60-70mg higher, and to each meal I point the capillary and remain well calibrated.Although to know the trend of the Glimp arrow it is not very worth it because it is always horizontal .. I have to use Liampp ..

It is a pity that it has to be with 2 unofficial applications to see the results since the application itself does not let it calibrate, because the officer gave me more interesting statistics than in Glimp I do not see.

Well and because of the adhesive, I take it to hair without any protection, working in a transport warehouse spending heat and sweating as it is, and for the moment it has not fallen, I have only noticed that somewhere in the small part of the small partFrom the dressing around it has risen a little, but I think that without importance, that is still firm there.

As it is the first and it does not work as it is due to its official application I want to verify how much it would endure.
Do you think that having it 1 Poquitin Endeble The glue on the 8th day will take off before reaching the end?

Well nothing, this is my first free experience.
Thanks for reading me.

All the best.

Enrike89's profile photo
Enrike89
06/08/2017 12:24 p.m.

@"Enrike89" You should call Abott and not correct this problem with Glimp.Those differences that you comment between sensor and capillary are quite large and probably the sensor you are using is defective.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
06/08/2017 12:54 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

This is what JPR tells you you should change it because, although you correct it with the Glimp, it is a lot of difference, up to 20 or 30 mg can be acceptable because the meter's own error itself adds to the difference of 15 minutes with the capillary measurement, but 60/70 is a lot.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
06/08/2017 4:07 p.m.

Hello @"jpr",
I found your comment very interesting that refers to the things that must be taken into account to put the patch and be necessary.
My reality is that I have been using freestyle for 10 months and there are patches that worked very well and many others with very important differences (30/40).
I have tried to guess if there was any common pattern of those who worked well but I was not successful.
I would value a lot if you could give me some tips for my next application.
In which area of ​​the arm put it, at what time of the day, before sleeping, before eating, etc.
Any advice you can share will be very welcome.
Thank you so much

jmvallejo's profile photo
jmvallejo
06/11/2017 6:08 p.m.

You are going to have to tell how a freestyle sensor is calibrated, I swear I have no idea.I have been with him for about 3 years, and I agree that there are dizzy variations.In the first test I entertained me in comparing the glycemia with a Bayer meter and those of the Free, and were of the order of 25 on average, the first 8 hours of 50 and then approached.Instead, with Abbott's strips, the coincidence was total, even with the lag.By the way, I started with the belief in 20-30 minutes of lag and already talk about 7 (ooohhh!).
A good day the endocrine told me that "the variation between meters can be considered normal up to 50", and I was ojiplatic.He then releases me "but you don't use the free to make therapeutic decisions, right?", Putting my most innocent face while saying "of course ... yes."Let's see, that 20 or 30 of difference can mean as much 1 insulin unit that you put more or less, the world is not going to fall nor will the retina come off for that, so enjoy the gossip, think about theof punctures that you are saving, and p'alante.

juanluis1957's profile photo
juanluis1957
06/12/2017 1:31 a.m.

Hello, I have been with freestyle for a month and I have proven that sometimes the capillary and sensor measurements are very similar but others are 20-30.My problem is that I do not use fast insulin but only basal and I have decided to use freestyle because I practice mountain in many of its facets and many times I cannot measure glucose with the strips, and this has taken me to very delicate situationsof hiccups and for me it is not the same to have 70 than 90 so it is very important that glucose is quite correct.

Montsevn's profile photo
Montsevn
06/15/2017 8:43 a.m.

Montsevn said:
Hello, I have been freelyle for a month and I have verified that sometimes the capillary and sensor measurements are very similar but others are 20-30.My problem is that I do not use fast insulin but only basal and I have decided to use freestyle because I practice mountain in many of its facets and many times I cannot measure glucose with the strips, and this has taken me to very delicate situationsof hiccups and for me it is not the same to have 70 than 90 so it is very important that glucose is quite correct.

For those of us who do sports, it is going very well for the theme of the trend where the level of sugar goes

Raulgc's profile photo
Raulgc
06/15/2017 noon

Diabetes tipo 1.
Medtronic 640g
Freestyle libre.
Última hemo 6,3.
Hipotiroidismo.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.