{'en': 'My boyfriend is diabetic and just works, is diabetes an impediment to work?', 'es': 'Mi novio es diabético y apenas trabaja, ¿es la diabetes un impedimento para trabajar?'} Image

My boyfriend is diabetic and just works, is diabetes an impediment to work?

Palomita's profile photo   05/29/2018 7:46 p.m.

Your boyfriend is a "jeta", typical of people who are all day with the aids in the mouth.Without the typical ones that are paid on a neckline, a chuleton is requested.Diabetes like anything else in the life of leads and lives with it.

marius's profile photo
marius
04/22/2020 12:17 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I subscribe all the opinions of the previous forgings, which in one way or another, go along the same lines.Leave it and run.You will be glad.
All the best.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
04/22/2020 11:34 a.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

I had not been entering the forum for some time and it saddens me a bit to read this thread, where some disqualify someone they neither know, nor have he had the opportunity to express themselves here, advising his partner to leave him.It seems to me as advice, because the author of the thread did not come asking for such advice, (although because of the adjectives that she launches, it seems).Well, I give my vision: before working as a commercial cheating on old people and vulnerable people or leaving the back and that explodes 60 hours a week without contract or quoting for 20 hours, or so many other "jobs" for that style that are practicallyThe only option for people who have no studies (as is the case), I prefer, if I have the possibility, stay at home subsisting as I can, without issuing so much CO2 and without harming anyone.For me, the work that this man does in 3 months dignifies him more than what many people do throughout his life.The work in the field is very undervalued and is one of the most worthy and necessary.Of course, if I felt bored and unemployed the other 9 months, I would try to study, even if they were free courses that could facilitate the exit to other equally worthy work options and my liking.Because it is always gratifying to learn and open doors.But that is what, perhaps, I would do;I do not know the abilities and possibilities of your partner to form.Greetings.

Carlos1979's profile photo
Carlos1979
04/27/2020 8:13 a.m.

Diabetes is not an impediment to work, it disappoints them from some people if.
I have diabetes since the age of 7, 36 ago and studied the COU in the afternoon, I worked in the mornings and I took the driving card at the same time. I still had time to stay with friends on weekends.
Diabetes is not an excuse to stop being a person

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
04/29/2020 10:24 p.m.

Flee.I can't tell you anything else.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
05/01/2020 4:47 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Hi Paloma, Look, there are certain works that are '' advisable '' for diabetics, because it requires physical effort ... As a result, many people will tell you not to do so.But I find it a bit disconcerting, because those works that tell us that we try to avoid are those that your boyfriend, field and construction has already worked.Diabetes does not have to be an impediment for anything if you have good control you can make an absolutely normal life.I have worked since the age of 15, being diabetic since the age of 13, while alternating with the studies because I wanted my own autonomy.So you comment later about his family, who is the only one of the brothers who does not give a stick to the some, sounds to me that he has been overprotected by his illness, that they do everything for him and that they maintain him and give himEat, so that nothing happens to you (there are many cases like that).Personally, if you want to be with him and form a family you should see that he does something for the work, to look for a job, give you a 'guarantee' to you, that you will not be his second mother ... Diabetes noIt is, nor should it be an excuse for you.Don't let me put it in your head.If you see that he keeps going to his, sorry, but I would not consent.You will enslave you throughout, with him, and with the children ... a kiss, and a lot of encouragement.

Esther Mase's profile photo
Esther Mase
05/03/2020 1:49 p.m.

popcorn said:
The problem is that I have tried to talk to him and have a serious conversation, from adult to adult, and says nothing overwhelming.

I would like to know if that absence of interest in looking for work, if that lack of concern is due to your diabetes, either because you want to avoid health problems, well because work alters glucose levels ...

Whatever it is, I have tried to talk to him, because it is not normal for a person of his age to live by giving only 3 months of work a year, but I do not get a clear answer, only: Puff ... is itThere is nothing ... well ... I charge my unemployment ... !!

I do not know what to do in this situation ... I do not know if diabetes is the culprit of its passotism when looking for work.

It is very attitude as I read it there, life with diabetes gets better when it is occupied and not time to think about the disease.Of course, I don't want it or the worst enemy ..
Excuse my keyboard ..

VACANO74's profile photo
VACANO74
05/04/2020 2:52 a.m.

We have been clear to all that diabetes is not an impediment to work for what I am going to close this thread since @Palomita who is the person who had doubts no longer use the forum.Greetings to all.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/04/2020 10:53 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.