{'en': 'It hurts to click?', 'es': 'Duele pincharte?'} Image

It hurts to click?

Zaidalopez's profile photo   05/29/2018 9:12 p.m.

Hello,

I want to know if it hurts the first time you click, both on your finger and elsewhere.

Thank you!

Zaidalopez's profile photo
Zaidalopez
05/29/2018 9:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Can pain be measured ... ??

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/29/2018 9:27 p.m.

Sometimes yes, no other.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
05/29/2018 9:55 p.m.

The fingers quite.
With the needles it depends on the area.And buttocks and abdomen less than in the arms, at least that is my experience

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/30/2018 7:40 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@"Zaidalopez" I don't know if you ask for it out of curiosity, because you have a relative who has to click or what is the reason for your question ... but it is as easy as you try it.You control blood on your finger, and nail a needle without injecting insulin.

piruha's profile photo
piruha
05/30/2018 12:25 p.m.

DM1 desde 1987 (con 3 años)
Lantus y Humalog
Dexcom g5

To minimize the pain put the puncture to the minimum and the 5mm needles, it is usually enough.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/30/2018 5:34 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It is not pleasant but it is not that it hurts much.I would say it's a bit annoying, but you get used to it.Anyway, as it tells you by adjusting the prick to the minimum you need to get blood hurts less.The stronger you put the puncture, the more it hurts.And the needles have tried the 5 mm and the 8mm and I do not notice much of pain.Sometimes nothing hurts and sometimes it is not something very painful either.It is annoying but it is not so much.Don't scare yourself for that.It is more the impression of having to nail a needle than the pain itself, and over time you get used to it and you already do it without thinking.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
05/30/2018 5:45 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@"Zaidalopez" I would say that it always hurts, sometimes nothing or very little, sometimes it is like a stake is nailed ... I have not yet found it, sometimes it depends on where you have punctured, etc ...There are so many times that you get to inject or click, which sometimes I do as an automaton, and even ignore pain ...;)

fer's profile photo
fer
05/30/2018 7:01 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

You have to have a little empathy, it is an scared person who still does not have a clear diagnosis, hopefully I would have had so many people to ask, however absurd that they could be my questions, which for one is anonsense for another can be a problem.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/31/2018 4:02 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I believe that there are no absurd questions, the absurd is not asking when you have doubts.The forum is for that.In diabetes, unfortunately there is a lot of ignorance and at the beginning everything is doubts, that to those who have been seemingly obvious things but someone who has no idea of ​​the disease does not.To my memory that nurses told me in the debut that it was a needle so small that it did not hurt.So normal that doubt arises when they tell you that because it is the opposite of what your common sense tells you.

@"Zaidalopez" Your question everything you want and do not stay with any doubt.Here there are always people delighted to answer and give you their opinion or talk to you about their experience.And if in the end you have to prick you do not worry, it will cost you the first days but then you get used to and do it without thinking.At first I threw me 10 minutes looking at the needle as a silly until I decided to prick and now it is something so automatic that I don't even find out.Sometimes it hurts a bit but it's a second and you forget.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
05/31/2018 4:19 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

The slow in the buttock hurts less and goes better.
In the legs it usually hurts more.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/31/2018 4:24 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

That is why I have repeated and I will not get tired of repeating that you have to be very careMobile phone and a wifi connection has access to the forum with its pros and cons ...

@"Zaidalopez" pain is very subjective, which for me is a "pinch" for you can be a "shot" in the gut and vice versa !!!

On the other hand, it is very good that there is some pique and controversy otherwise the forum and diabetes would be very boring chic@s;))

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/31/2018 8:43 p.m.

@"Zaidalopez" The day that debuts click you so much on the fingers that I took a lot of fear of pain.
Now it hurts less because I put the prick, in the SS as it is not your finger because it imagines ...
The needles are very thin and short, some are not noticed in some areas and others a little ... but without a doubt what hurts me most is the prick.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/01/2018 8:19 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I understand that we are a few who began to click on the finger and in the body when we were very small, none gave us time to ask anyone if it hurt or did not hurt, why?Is there choice?If you had to make a hole on the finger because the meter needed a lotIn addition the pain is the most subjective that exists!What if we tell you that it hurts a lot?Don't you click?I don't understand the purpose of the question the truth ...
I can understand that enough people offend that question a bit.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
06/01/2018 10:24 a.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

It is not that I do not prick me but some people told me that it does not show when you click and I just wanted to know it is obvious that each one feels different but if I am afraid I just wanted to know the opinion of other people because that I know it is not it is notNothing bad to ask sincerely either is it to get like this?Not commenting in this question, I was enough to say and if I have spelling faults, well, we are not all perfect here, I just wanted advice but I see that some do not see can ask them and for some this question will not be important because for me and what and what and whatI know we are in a free country to ask if it sat you badly because I'm sorry I'm not as expert in this subject as to know what questions can bother you

Zaidalopez's profile photo
Zaidalopez
06/01/2018 10:33 a.m.

If I do not say that you do not ask, of course you have every right to ask, but as in everything in life, there will be people who answer what you want to hear and other people who answer something that you do not like, is the beautiful thing aboutrelate to others, you never know where the shots are going to go: P

erpla's profile photo
erpla
06/01/2018 11:22 a.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

@"Zaidalopez" Indeed, asks everything you have to ask, and like everything in life, there will be people who have education, respect and empathy and people who not because there must be everything in the fields of the Lord.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
06/01/2018 4:59 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.