{'en': "I don't put the Lantus insulin, what do you think?", 'es': 'No me pongo la insulina Lantus, que os parece?'} Image

I don't put the Lantus insulin, what do you think?

dongui19's profile photo   06/13/2017 10:07 p.m.

Hello good!

I wanted to ask a question, to see your opinions I tell you!

For 6 months I started to play sports in the afternoon and the truth has improved me a lot and well because always before going to sleep because I have the sugar very well with the sport between 90 and 110, so having it so well I do notI put Lantus and I usually eat a yogurt and in the morning it usually lifts me well between 110 and 130.

My question is, what do you think about this?

Thank you!

dongui19's profile photo
dongui19
06/13/2017 10:07 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you do well, phenomenal, don't you put anything in insulin then?I have eliminated sports the novorapid of the 3 meals, but I continue to put toujeo for the whole day, so at night I can have perfectly dinner a yogourt and up to two pieces of fruit, or a piece of fruit and ham with bread p.ej.I do not know that you eat the rest of the day but a yogurt only at night you are almost within a ketonic regime, and for what I have read there are diabetics that this regime is doing very well although others not so much, but they do put insulin, the only thing that have restricted it to 50 gr of HC daily;However, watch the ketone bodies just in case, because you have more risk of appearing.I have preferred to keep the toujeo and eat more normal and not worry about acetoacidosis.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
06/13/2017 10:33 p.m.

runing50 said:
If you do well, phenomenal, don't you put anything in insulin then?I have eliminated sports the novorapid of the 3 meals, but I continue to put toujeo for the whole day, so at night I can have perfectly dinner a yogourt and up to two pieces of fruit, or a piece of fruit and ham with bread p.ej.I do not know that you eat the rest of the day but a yogurt only at night you are almost within a ketonic regime, and for what I have read there are diabetics that this regime is doing very well although others not so much, but they do put insulin, the only thing that have restricted it to 50 gr of HC daily;However, watch the ketone bodies just in case, because you have more risk of appearing.I have preferred to keep the toujeo and eat more normal and not worry about acetoacidosis.
I have also eliminated my fast lunch and dinner lunch insulin, such as 2 rations of carbohydrates in lunch and snack and 1 ration at dinner and enough proteins and vegetables in each meal without clicking between work in the morning and sport for theI do not need to prick the physical exercise is my fast insulin hehe, and that lantus nothing because I lie with the sugar well and I get up well, I honestly see it unnecessary thanks to the sport

dongui19's profile photo
dongui19
06/13/2017 11:05 p.m.

I do not think it is advisable to eliminate slow insulin without consulting your endocrine, moreover, it seems very strange, no matter how much you do, the slow is essential.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
06/14/2017 12:45 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Just by pointing.We talk about type 1 diabetes in your cases right?It seems incredible if so.Do you give a lot of cane with the sport?Because 2 pieces of fruit or bread without fast ... I see it complicated.Especially avoiding the beak, because it would rise much faster than I would take to go down.

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
06/14/2017 1:38 a.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

You will have to see the glycosilada, which is the one that decides the treatment ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/14/2017 2:19 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@"Dongui19" But are you type 1 or 2?Because with type 2 diabetes I knew about people who exercised had dispensed with insulin totally, but with type 1 I had never heard it.I always put on the toubian but the novorapid used it occasionally only when as rice or pasta.

@"Miexron" I am Type 1 and the sport I do now is to run 1 hour approx.4/5 days a week, my dance classes 2 days a week and the Los Findes mountain, with that it is enough for me now, although before I was doing more extreme sports.The peaks that I have are between 140/160, sometimes 180 and 190 rarely, it is also true that the hydrates of the dinner accommodating them a little, if one day I am a little higher, dispensed with the bread or the fruit.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
06/14/2017 8:40 a.m.

Wow, how well @"Runing50", I have higher peaks sometimes and with the fast :))
I will have to get more serious with the sport and move more, because it is very important and I leave it for streaks and it shows ... that it is not that I seek to stop getting quickly, but it would be good to have better control and reduce a littleThe ratio!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
06/14/2017 2:15 p.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

Eating so little hydrate I think is nothing healthy for a diabetic and for a non -diabetic.
You may be on the honeymoon, I spent a year or more than practically never high and my hemo had in 5.4 .... what times !!;)

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
06/14/2017 4:27 p.m.

In my case I think I take normal HC or at most slightly less now in the summer.But the ketone regime (I don't like them either) take about 50 gr of HC per day and many proteins and what the body does is that they take energy from proteins instead of HC so they release ketones in the blood, the blood, thewhich are reduced by insulin as if they were HC to supply energy, the problem arises when there is not enough insulin since then ketoacidosis originates.That is, those who carry this regime must continue to put insulin, but less than if they take more HC.My honeymoon many years ago that passed @"Anaisabel" I have been with the aunt for 48 years and there is no way to take it off.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
06/14/2017 5:34 p.m.

A heavy aunt, all day is there .... I pay a vacation, but nothing wants me to leave me: ((((
@"Runing50" I have been 15 shattered.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
06/14/2017 5:58 p.m.

I like very few HC but I don't swell in protein, as much more vegetables than protein for example and I don't even have a bad hemo

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
06/15/2017 8:45 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

How odd.I am on a honeymoon yet and I have always had basal.I was only removed the first year, and now1o 2 units according to what they eat.My endo says that the minimum is 130g HC.
The sport is doing very well but I have to use the two insulins in minor quantities.From 8 from Basal to 4

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/15/2017 10:02 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.