{'en': 'Type 1 diabetes for 11 years, and now 17 -month -old son with diabetes', 'es': 'Diabetes tipo 1 desde hace 11 años, y ahora hijo de 17 meses con diabetes'} Image

Type 1 diabetes for 11 years, and now 17 -month -old son with diabetes

Leonidas78's profile photo   06/03/2018 8:14 p.m.

Good afternoon everyone,

As indicated in the title, I was diagnosed with diabetes 11 years ago with the age of 29, the truth is that with sport and a little control I had hemoglobins between 6.5 and 7%, without depriving myself of many things.

Unfortunately a month ago they diagnosed my 17 -month -old boy, and again I started putting my batteries and trying to train and inform myself again, to give the best possible quality of life to my son.

I was very surprised that the endocrine insists a lot that the origin of my child's diabetes is not hereditary, but autoimmune.

The truth is that I am worried my child is twin with another, and of course, logically the concern and permanent hypochondriadism arises, which can pass to the other.

And here we are linked to the analyzers in continuous .. new insulins etc, I hope to learn a lot from you.

Many thanks to all, for the help provided in this forum and for the information given in it.

Leonidas78's profile photo
Leonidas78
06/03/2018 8:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, so I have understood the disease itself is not hereditary, but your children would have a higher probability of suffering from it.

Franco0399's profile photo
Franco0399
06/03/2018 9:30 p.m.

Basaglar 9 unidades mañana, 8 noche. Apidra a demanda.

Hello,
I know that twins is not the same twin, but my twin sister was diagnosed 5 years ago with type 1 diabetes and this year the Magi brought it to me as "gift."

Ursula's profile photo
Ursula
06/04/2018 12:20 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

They do share the same genetic material, there are more possibilities, but it is not the only factor.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/04/2018 12:36 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Welcome to the forum @"leonidas78", I also debuted at a similar age, with 25, and I have two daughters, of which my constant concern has been that diabetes did not appear, for the moment it has not been given the case.

Back to your question, I believe that the hereditary factor is just that, a factor, but it is not decisive, and as the origin is not yet known exactly, because it would not give many laps to the subject.

Of course, you can soak you in depth of how to manage and help you carry your son's diabetes, here you will find a lot of information and other people in the same situation, I copy you a couple of topics.

It is clear that your child starts with a small advantage, and that is that you perfectly understand their situation, from here my spirits to both!

Link
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
06/05/2018 7:13 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.