They amputated both legs for diabetes and in the hospital they denied an electric wheelchair because "it is not disabled enough."

Andrew Walsh is suffering serious problems derived from diabetes and therefore in August last year they had to amputate both legs.

In addition, three times a week, it must be dialing, so you need a combined kidney and pancreas transplant, Mirror indicates.

After recovering from the amputations, the 51 -year -old man requested at the Westmarc Rehabilitation Center, at the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital in Glasgow, an electric wheelchair to be able to move around his house, however the answer he received left him frozen.

Andrew acknowledged that he was devastated after they told him that "he was not disabled enough" to be given the chair.

"How disabled I need to be?" He wondered and ensures that he "lost hope" of obtaining one, but points out that he told their story "to show how they are treating patients."

The man said that in a first meeting there were just 5 minutes when they told him that he did not meet the conditions and that in another they pointed to him that he could, but then they only responded with evasive.

Andrew also feels disappointed because "my hopes increased and then they tell me that I will not get it" and because the chair would make her life "much easier."

In fact, it is his sister who takes him three days a week to the hospital to dialysis so he depends on her to leave home and has spent months in which he only leaves the house to go to the hospital.

"You can't go anywhere on your own, but they are not interested in helping him," Andrew's sister said disconsolate.