{'en': 'The type 1 diabetes vaccine, closer to the clinic', 'es': 'La vacuna contra la diabetes tipo 1, más cerca de la clínica'} Image

The type 1 diabetes vaccine, closer to the clinic

fer's profile photo   06/19/2017 11:12 a.m.

He would be able to restore the immune response of pancreatic islet cells, according to the results of a clinical trial that have been presented during the scientific session of the American Diabetes Association, held in San Diego, California (United States).

The bacillus of the CALMETTE-Guérin generic vaccine has been useful to reverse type 1 diabetes, since it is able to restore the immune response of pancreatic islet cells, according to the results of a clinical trial that have been presented duringThe scientific session of the American Diabetes Association, held in San Diego, California (United States).

Scientists have proven that this serum is able to induce a permanent increase in the expression of the genes restored by the BENEFICAL REGULATORY TELLS (TREG) and that they prevent the immune system from attacking the body's own tissue.

There are currently several research groups working with this bacillus with the aim of reversing the autoimmunity process in both diabetes and other autoimmune pathologies."But therapies to restore this immune balance have not achieved lasting results," according to Denise Faustman, director of the Immunobiology Laboratory of the Massachusetts General Hospital (United States) and the main author of the work.

This vaccine works through an epigenetic mechanism that modulates the induction of TREG cells "and is able to restart the immune system to stop the underlying cause of the disease."

Type 1 diabetes is a disease characterized by the destruction of islets by self -reactive T cells, which erroneously attack them as if they were an infection.The TREG perform a "brake" function of the immune system.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/19/2017 11:12 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Yes, yes ... when I was little and dawned on December 25 or January 6, I found those toys I wanted to have, just to write in a letter to one dad Noel or men to camel that were kings and forMore astonishment when the glass of milk, the dish of sweets, etc ... were empty ... how beautiful ingenuity and disbelief of innocence until reality is discovered.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/20/2017 7:48 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Just my mother found these days a newspaper cut in a book.The cut talked about an imminent healing for type I diabetes. The newspaper was 2002 ...

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
06/20/2017 9 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

How do you say? ... when you see it will be real

pike's profile photo
pike
06/21/2017 8:59 a.m.

DM1 desde 2015-Novorapid 2/2/2/2-Toujeo(en proceso)-Mañana
Glucosilada 4/2017: 7,2

I will believe it when I see it ...

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
06/21/2017 9:23 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Wow, it is clear that as a collective we are quite skeptical, but let's not forget that there are many professionals behind a cure for this disease.Perhaps the solution is complex since the immune system is little accessible to medicine that prevails today.It is a very sophisticated, aggressive and at the same time primitive system (the immune).I keep the thought that there is disease, in addition to many profits to various unscrupulous interests, it also generates a lot, much expense to health systems.And if they find the solution to our beloved and beloved diabetes, notice the irony, they will save a lot, a lot of money.
All the best.

Ss1's profile photo
Ss1
06/21/2017 9:47 a.m.

When I read that Novonordisk has more than 7,000 million uros of annual benefits and that it manufactures 75-80% of world insulin, the truth is that it did not surprise me excessively but when I read that they were also collaborating in some 14 scientific projects forAchieve the cure of diabetes I wanted to cry !!!I do not want to be badly thought but I think they are in those projects precisely to get a healing project boycotting those scientists based on a few hundred millions taken from those benefits ... I would like to think otherwise but .....

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/21/2017 11:28 a.m.

I do not think of a cure or in the medium term, but in a great advance in the therapy, I think it
What they are looking for is to have it chronificed, but that it is not dependent on insulin, the company
that I lodge it and for us it would be almost a cure.Even only with intelligent insulin would be
enough.What I think has an expiration date is the horrous treatment that is now carried with
The bolis and even with the connected pump.They will get them to have sugar well with something that doesn't
It entails so much heaviness, both psychological and physiological.In that hope is what we face
The disease every day.There are many people investigating to improve therapy and are not with
Insulin.Will it take?Well, I don't know, but for the moment the punctures in the fingers are going to the
History of how it was before, and I think the next step are insulin punctures.As you can see in my nick, the solution for me is already and is called Afrrezza, more and more diabetic in the USA are using it, it works
Very good and there are no punctures except threeiba and with good glycosiladas, Mannkind's actions have
Uploaded 70 percent so far this year, it is a sign that things are working, our endocrine already told us the other day.What happens is that in such a globalized world for everything, in medicines
It is not so and I do not understand.But well we will continue waiting, as someone said a chair and sit that
We are not in a hurry.

FANAFREZZA's profile photo
FANAFREZZA
06/21/2017 1:55 p.m.

nigiri said:
just my mother found these days a newspaper cut in a book.The cut talked about an imminent healing for type I diabetes. The newspaper was 2002 ...

I have newspaper cuts about imminent cures of 1995, which was when I debuted.But I also remember going to the Library of the Faculty of Medicine to read the original "Nature" or "New England Medical Journal" article on which they were based and what they said had absolutely nothing to do with the "news" ofThe newspapers.

It will not be I who defends scientists in this field, as he says in my firm have not achieved anything significant in our disease for almost 100 years (and that is very disappointing in the century of the greatest scientific advances in history) but thenewspapers and their false and sensationalist news have also ended up returning even more cynical and unbelievable of what it might touch us.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
06/21/2017 3:07 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Diabetes research news.

1º- A therapy for the Diabetes of Carlos Haya attracts US investigators year 2011
2º- Dr. Faustman’s Type 1 Reversal Trial Seeks More Participants Massachutts USA
3º- Discover the Medical College of Virginia, in the United States, a very prestigious center making simultaneous kidney and pancreas transplants
4º- The artificial pancreas will soon be a dream converted into several studies funded by the JDRF (Youth Diabetes Research Foundation) are being carried out to ensure that these prototypes that have already proven to function very well, are approved as soon as possible by the administrationof drugs and food from the United States (FDA).
5º-Create cells that produce insulin from the DNA of a diabetic, Washington, United States (APR/2014) .-
6º-DR.Alarcó: Research in diabetes January 12, 2015 Wisconsin that has American state financing and very frequent private funds in the United States.
7º- Wednesday, April 30, 2014 / Clonan Beta Beta Cells from fibroblasts of a patient with type 1 diabetes
8º- The Institute of Biomedical Research August Pi and Sunyer Idibaps of Barcelona have been working for years of this Autoimmune diabetes problem.
9º- Treatment of type 1 diabetes in various experimental trials
The favorable results obtained in different fields of research allow us to have an optimistic perspective.Dra.Marta Vives-Pi Biomedical Researcher.Research Institut Germans Trias I Pujol.Badalona (Barcelona

Fix if there is research and none in the short or medium term, and without having worked so far, I think the same thing that Luvi can expect to sit down

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/21/2017 7:59 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.