{'en': 'What activities and which are not what can be done with diabetes', 'es': 'Que actividades si y cuales no son las que se pueden hacer con diabetes'} Image

What activities and which are not what can be done with diabetes

ermin's profile photo   07/24/2017 9:51 p.m.

Hello,

I am patient type 1 diabetes I have thought much about what activities we cannot perform the diabetics because it is a danger to our health, without eagerness to be dramatic, but for example in my case my skin has put me super sensitive, and I had theOpportunity to go to Paint Ball and then I was not for the concern of the purple that would have remained ..... now keep looking and I saw that we cannot dive for risk of hypoglycemia ...

I would like to know that other things should we avoid or have caution with it ????

On the other hand I am a positive person and I would also like to know of alternatives on recreational physical activities that we can do the diabetics without so much risk.

:)

ermin's profile photo
ermin
07/24/2017 9:51 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, I think we can do any activity but taking the necessary precautions.Logically we cannot do things with the same carefree as non -diabetics but taking care and doing frequent blood glucose controls I think we can do anything.

There are many examples of diabetic athletes:

Link

And here there is an interview with Emilio Valdés the Chamber of Jesús Calleja in Challenged Extreme:

Link

For me one of the best examples that we are not limited by diabetes, is just a matter of fears.What is important is to have enough knowledge of how to handle the disease in the face of any problem to avoid scares.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
07/25/2017 9:50 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

I dive and nothing happens if before exercising or as or picho less insulin in food, for example I amount to horse and when I have training my educator told me not to prick me the rapid insulin of the eating time, that's how Altita arrived at the exercise and I regulated me better ... if I samp then I try to take a bite before starting and ready

losttotheriver's profile photo
losttotheriver
07/25/2017 9:56 a.m.

Thanks for your comments

ermin's profile photo
ermin
07/26/2017 2:36 a.m.

Hello @"ermin", although it is true that diabetes makes us more complications to do certain activities, in general, I think we can do everything, yes, with some extra precautions and always equipped with glucometer or continuous meter, andThe glucose, sugar, etc ...

I put some links here to topics with more information from people who practice sports with diabetes, I hope they serve you!;)

Link
Link
Link
Link
Link
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
07/27/2017 12:50 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.