{'en': "I can't regulate my diabetes", 'es': 'No consigo regular mi diabetes'} Image

I can't regulate my diabetes

begoirina7515's profile photo   06/24/2017 1:14 p.m.

Hello everyone,

I have seen very good glycosylated in this forum and I would like you to guide me because I cannot get out of 7.5.

According to my endocrine I have insulin left over and I do not agree.

If you allow me, I am going to attach my results of the last 2 weeks and if you can guide me in some way ...

I get novorapid 3 times a day and Lantus 2.5-0-3.5

- Breakfast, ratio: 1u for 30g and sensitivity 60
- Food, ratio: 11 and sensitivity 60
- Dinner, ratio: 31 and sensitivity 60

Thank you!,

begoirina7515's profile photo
begoirina7515
06/24/2017 1:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I can't download it now, but I see you get Lantus twice and very little.Comit the new toujeo insulin, of longer duration than Lantus, and you will only need to put it once a day.Yo
It is flatter and avoids hypos.
Welcome!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/25/2017 3:13 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Maybe your endocrine is right.
Years ago, the Dra that I had then told me the same as you.We went down the dose and the figures improved.
Controlled by her clear this

Maria elena's profile photo
Maria elena
06/26/2017 10:11 p.m.

Apart from the tips that have given you, the same helps a change in food and more exercise, I since I exercise and as "better" (nothing processed, not fried, much more vegetables and fruits etc ...) my diabetesIt is so to speak more stable (I have my days) but I do not have so many peaks, I click much less fast insulin and in general I feel better.It is also true that you have to take care of the figures but not obsess, because stress at least affects me.cheer up!If it is true that I am slow that you get very little ... I also started with Lantus, but I am better with Tougeo.

losttotheriver's profile photo
losttotheriver
07/31/2017 8:32 a.m.

I just saw that your PDF, and if you have many peaks, calculate carbohydrates according to what you eat ???

You have enough hypos, that's why your endocrine wants to lower the dose of insulin ... the same would it would be convenientmore slowly.But your doctor/educator is the one who has to change those guidelines.

For example, my educator tells me (we are still regulating my dose) that it is better to be a bit high and give me peaks to Laza than not having many hypos ...

Courage, surely everything is better, but see the doctor.

:-)

losttotheriver's profile photo
losttotheriver
07/31/2017 8:37 a.m.

@"Begoirina7515" I have managed to lower my glycosylated to 5.5 carrying a low hydrates diet.I tell you what I do in case it serves you.
Not as processed products or flours and nothing with added sugar (except black chocolate of 80% that carries some sugar).The hydrates that such as vegetables, some fruit and whole dairy (whole milk, kefir, Greek yogurt and cheese of various types).Someday as a legume (there are weeks than nothing and another 1 or 2 times) although small and combined with meat or vegetables so that sugar is absorbed slower.And also some day some potato (in vegetable purees or vegetable and potato omelette ..).
By eating little hydrate I had to increase the amount of fat because the body has to take the energy from somewhere.For that as the one that is present naturally in food such as meat, eggs, fish, nuts, whole dairy, avocado and olive oil.I make 3 meals a day and if I get hungry between peak, nuts or if I have the sugar a fruit.

I have been doing this little by little and as I have been removing hydrate I have lowered the rapid insulin doses, the basal has hardly touched it.Now after eating I have practically a peak, I get up to 150 or 160 maximum, sometimes it does not reach 130. For the day I keep almost all the time between 70 -120 although almost always below 100, that's why I have so goodThe glyc.
As for whickeets, at first they gave me enough until I have better adjusting insulin.Now during the day I ever arrive at 60 and peak and as some fruit to raise it a little but I barely have strong lows of less than 60. As I have the free style I adjust everything I can and if it is stable in 80 for example noI do anything and look at 20 or 30 minutes again to see if it varies or not.I personally only consider low to less than 70 unless the freestyle tells me that it is going down very fast.The only thing I do if I am fair is to be more pending and look at me every little to control that it does not go down anymore.At night I no longer have whim although it has cost me a bit to adjust the insulin, but after a while I have succeeded.If I get to bed at a good value without already fast influence I wake up around the same value, so well.The bad thing is the days that Ceno later than the fast is still taking effect when I'm going to sleep.There if I am less than 100 as something in case and sometimes I do well and sometimes I wake up something high (around 140 - 160), but well you can't do everything.
In my case I am especially strict because I am trying pregnancy, before that it was a bit more flexible.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
08/03/2017 1:01 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Today I was asking in the forum and I ask you about your knowledge of diabetes.
I estimate that it is almost mandatory, at least here, that we know more than our doctors, about the variations of blood glucose relating them to what we eat, we move and stress.
That if we intend to give some kind of battle and thus be able to help them who surpasses the amount of variables to consider, mixed with a shortage of economic resources and knowledge, such as not having finished cycles of primary studies or not having had a developmentMental acceptable in your childhood due to important food or affective deficiencies.
I do not like to be taken from the noses by doctors who sometimes experiment with us.
With regard to this comment I ask you about something I read of some endocrinology notes and have to do with the AR-GLP-1

I made this comment to a person from the forum and I thought I was put to consideration.

Today he gave me more about our disease, how to know the total amount of glucose in our blood and how it varies in time after eating glucose.
And I wondered in how many seconds or minutes the blood glucose rose after eating a certain amount of CH and I give myself with this link:

Link

And here I begin to pray about because they don't clearly tell us what can be understood in a simple way what happens when we ingest ex excess like when we eat a lot of frozen pasta or cakes.
Since we are born our parents must know what it means to incorporate Choite CH in the body and create correct eating behavior by undoing the consumption of excess sweets with respect to the time it does.
After reading the article you will understand me.
And that leads me to reason in a univocal way that both doctors and laboratories and health industry prefers us ignorant and obedient and without time to educate and educate ourselves in these issues.
It is very easy to do it from the earliest age, only that the food producing food industry in combination with deceptive advertisements creates poorly consumption habits and promotes all kinds of distractions that make us waste time with many weaknesses and labor obligations.
I see with hope that we can recover time and health if we join efforts, first to learn (it is our obligation with our ailments) and then spread with specific examples, healthy ways of life to improve the quality of life.
Sure this will have an impact on the loss of many sources of laboratory work, health professionals, food workers and who knows how much more.
Or we let ourselves die and voila.
I never saw as clear as having good food customs is the beginning of a healthy life.Our parents never had a scientific explanation of why things, but something should intuit.
How many recommendations knew how to make us before the maelstrom of the current times passed them.
It occurred to me to tell you to you and I think I should put it for the forum, where there must be many people much more capable and with many ideas to encourage this.
As there is no spurious interest behind this comment, I think we can do something to disseminate good food education.
Hug
PD: More than being correcting with the last advances the problems caused by a very bad way of eating and antieconomic, we must help not reach many people to this point.

mario69's profile photo
mario69
08/14/2017 3:52 a.m.

Diabetes 2, pero insulinorequiriente, con resistencia a la insulina y pancreas agotado.
HbA1c: dic '16: 12,8; mar '17: 10,9
Fallece mi madre oct '17
Ida a Paraguay feb '18
HbA1c: oct '18: 8,7; ene '19: 6,5; abr '19: 6,2 abr '19: 6,5; jun '19: 7,5; set '19: ???
Detemir 26 7:30 y 20 19:30
Aspartica 4 antes desay y mer y 5 antes alm y cena.
200 a 250gr de HC diarios, 80gr Prot y 80gr Grasa. Segun actividad.
71 años 88kg 1,72.

I believe that poor diet is the cause of much of modern diseases (diabetes, hypertension, obesity, cardiovascular diseases, ...).For just over a year I have begun to interest me a lot in the issue of food and the more I read in this regard, the clearest I have it.Medicine does not give the importance of food and is dedicated to treating symptoms instead of looking for the origin of the problem.The official recommendations are very influenced by the food industry that has great power.Pay studies, buy doctors and official organizations and in the end the general population and much of the doctors (which is much more serious) have very poor nutrition knowledge.They continue to believe myths that have denyed many times in scientific studies and this makes the problem worse more and more.They continue to see diets given by doctors with white bread, María and cold cuts that are highly processed products.Still most of the diets recommended by doctors are based on the food pyramid that cereals has in the base, when they are poor nutrient foods and with rapid absorption carbohydrates.Wouldn't it be better to recommend diets that put vegetables at the base, which in all studies come out as healthy foods and that contribute to improving health?Is it really necessary to include processed products that do not contribute just nutrients and are the cause of many diseases?Wouldn't it be better to recommend diets based on fresh products such as vegetables and fruits, fish, meat, eggs, nuts ...?

I think that much more nutrition training should be given to doctors and that changes in lifestyle and food are the first thing they recommend before any disease and then since they give you the medications you really need.
It is clear that diabetics need medication, but it would not be better if you recommend in addition to insulin or pills a diet without high IG hydrates so as not to continue aggravating the problem (especially to type 2)?If type 2 diabetes is produced by an overload of the pancreas and we continue to overload it and put insulin or pills to compensate for that overload, aren't we getting worse?More and more medication will be needed and those who initially take it will have to take it and all for not attacking the root of the problem that is the overload to which it is subjected to the body by giving certain foods (which in addition to little nutritious are totally unnecessary).
Over time I suppose that from the official organizations they have to begin to recognize which is the cause of the problem.The same thing happened with the tobacco, it took a long time to recover the relationship of tobacco with cancer and the industry tried by all means to delay that moment.But in the end they will not be able to turn their backs on science and will have to recognize that processed products are the cause of much of modern diseases.Until then we will have to inform ourselves on our own and take out our own conclusions of what is healthy or not.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
08/14/2017 5:42 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

lostothheriver said:
apart from the advice they have given you, the same helps a change in food and more exercise, I since I exercise and as "better" (nothing processed, not fried, much more vegetables and fruits etc ...) my diabetes is to be said more stable (I have my days) but I do not have so many peaks, I punish me much less fast insulin and in general I feel better.It is also true that you have to take care of the figures but not obsess, because stress at least affects me.cheer up!Yes, it is true that I see that you get very little ... I also started with Lantus, but I am better with Tougeo.

A lot of fruit?
I have seen the climbing that produce fruits such as orange (even grapefruit that is bitter), melon, watermelon, the fruit must be taken with droplets in a diabetic, and take advantage when you have the lowest sugar so as not to make peaks which is what damages, I think that above 240 the damage begins, if you keep regularly below that figure the control is greater than if you have 300 to 60 swings for example.
Exercise: I do it after breakfast (Low before and I get to the food with figures of 130-140, if I do not do it to the food I arrive with 160 or more. And in the afternoon to reach the low glucose dinner.
Night fast is very important and dinner not after 9 p.m. and if possible before.

Juan Luis Manzano Andrés's profile photo
Juan Luis Manzano Andrés
03/03/2019 11:05 a.m.

Yesssica_a said:
I believe that poor diet is the cause of much of modern diseases (diabetes, hypertension, obesity, cardiovascular diseases, ...).For just over a year I have begun to interest me a lot in the issue of food and the more I read in this regard, the clearest I have it.Medicine does not give the importance of food and is dedicated to treating symptoms instead of looking for the origin of the problem.The official recommendations are very influenced by the food industry that has great power.Pay studies, buy doctors and official organizations and in the end the general population and much of the doctors (which is much more serious) have very poor nutrition knowledge.They continue to believe myths that have denyed many times in scientific studies and this makes the problem worse more and more.They continue to see diets given by doctors with white bread, María and cold cuts that are highly processed products.Still most of the diets recommended by doctors are based on the food pyramid that cereals has in the base, when they are poor nutrient foods and with rapid absorption carbohydrates.Wouldn't it be better to recommend diets that put vegetables at the base, which in all studies come out as healthy foods and that contribute to improving health?Is it really necessary to include processed products that do not contribute just nutrients and are the cause of many diseases?Wouldn't it be better to recommend diets based on fresh products such as vegetables and fruits, fish, meat, eggs, nuts ...?

I think that much more nutrition training should be given to doctors and that changes in lifestyle and food are the first thing they recommend before any disease and then since they give you the medications you really need.
It is clear that diabetics need medication, but it would not be better if you recommend in addition to insulin or pills a diet without high IG hydrates so as not to continue aggravating the problem (especially to type 2)?If type 2 diabetes is produced by an overload of the pancreas and we continue to overload it and put insulin or pills to compensate for that overload, aren't we getting worse?More and more medication will be needed and those who initially take it will have to take it and all for not attacking the root of the problem that is the overload to which it is subjected to the body by giving certain foods (which in addition to little nutritious are totally unnecessary).
Over time I suppose that from the official organizations they have to begin to recognize which is the cause of the problem.The same thing happened with the tobacco, it took a long time to recover the relationship of tobacco with cancer and the industry tried by all means to delay that moment.But in the end they will not be able to turn their backs on science and will have to recognize that processed products are the cause of much of modern diseases.Until then we will have to inform ourselves on our own and take out our own conclusions of what is healthy or not.

Of course, diabetics can solve by our shared experience a lot and reduce drugs and insulin.I trusted only in the endocrine was above 8. I bought the Frestyline-Abbot sensor, and although it sometimes has failures, I discovered that I could not take rice, or cooked zarahor, or pasta, or bread, roasted or not,All this suggested the sugar to the clouds.I had breakfast several toast of rye bread that is 350 glucose, when I took it off one hundred points, less than 240 the post pan, rice, pears, and small quantity, if you eat a ration of rice are more than 350of glucose.Particularly if it isRefined rice The semi integral is less glucogenic.Banana, a little more and more and more once a week, nothing of an entire banana, the glucose rises a lot, the grapes like it (which is good to fight against diabetes, but you have to eat a few grains).
Physical exercise: walking at a fast pace, if possible, climbing slopes, it is not in the "quantity" but in the quality of physical exercise.20 minutes at a quick step down sugar like an hour at a normal pace.At least ex my experience.

Juan Luis Manzano Andrés's profile photo
Juan Luis Manzano Andrés
03/03/2019 11:13 a.m.

exercise, regulas with something else?or only insulin?

pollxander's profile photo
pollxander
03/09/2019 5:16 p.m.

canal:https://youtube.com/user/tumedicodecabecera?sub_confirmation=1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.