{'en': 'Civil Guard saves life to a type 1 diabetic', 'es': 'Guardia Civil salva la vida a un diabético tipo 1'} Image

Civil Guard saves life to a type 1 diabetic

mimbek's profile photo   07/25/2017 midnight

"A hero and two sugar envelopes"

A civil guard saves the life of a young man who suffered severe hypoglycemia |The agent, destined in Roquetas de Mar, helped the victim when he was lying in the middle of one of the lanes of El Cañaete and about to enter into a coma

Casualities are sometimes able to work miracles.Being in the place and at the time appropriate can save a life, especially if the vocation of your profession drives you to it every day.That is the basic premise of Miguel José Ortega Soria, a Civil Guard agent for Roquetas de Mar who will never forget on July 13.

It is not for less.This guard made a decision in a few seconds and thanks to this he saved a young man from a safe death after suffering severe hypoglycemia.Agent Ortega is still excited when he remembers and makes his partner of such a feat participate."My wife is diabetic and it was a luck that I attended to this person when I was on the verge of a diabetic coma," he says.

"Everything happened very fast," the agent attends, who explains that on July 13 he and two colleagues carried out citizen security tasks aboard a patrol in sea roquetas. "We were on Carlos III Avenue whenWe were alerted to the room 062 that a man wandered 'drunk' on the N-340A road », in the stretch popularly known as El Cañarete."It is a very dangerous road and with a lot of traffic in summer, so we quickly move to the area," says Miguel José Ortega Soria.

"I observed that I had the pupils very closed, so I ruled out that I was drunk"

Upon arrival at the scene, the agents did not give credit.«We find a young man lying down on one of the road lanes and vehicles trying to dodge it.It was a surreal image, ”recalls the guard, while noting that the first impression of the agents is that the victim was drunk.

"While my colleagues stopped the traffic, I headed towards the young man and observed that I was semiconscious."The agent says that the man "was awake but with his eyes lost, he didn't know where he was and either spoke."

It was then that Agent Ortega came to mind several moments that had passed with his wife.«I observed that I had the pupils very closed, so I discarded at first that it was under the influence of alcohol.It was a clear sign that this young man was suffering hypoglycemia and we had to act very fast, ”he says.

In this sense, Miguel José Ortega moved the young man to the shoulder to put him "out of danger," asked his teammates to notify an ambulance and quickly went to the patrol car for his backpack."I always carry sugar envelopes because my wife is diabetic and has suffered several episodes of hypoglycemia," he explains.

In a few seconds, the agent poured a sugar envelope into a bottle of water and introduced the liquid through the young man's mouth."I had difficulties because people who are in that state do not want you to touch them."

Despite this, the agent put all his efforts and managed to supply the water."I observed that I was about to suffer a diabetic coma, so I took a second over and supplied it quickly," recalls the agent, while noting that from that moment the young man "began to react," although he continuedVery dehydrated.

The guard remained next to the young man at all times until the ambulance arrived."I warned the health services that the victim suffered severe hypoglycemia, so they quickly provided glucose."

Miguel José Ortega remembers that, once the victim was attended, the doctor went to him, hugged him and said: "If you are not here, this man would be dead now."But theThanks that moved him the most was that of the patient himself who, once aware, hugged him and thanked him.

«As the young man explained to me, who is a neighbor of El Zapillo, he was working in Roquetas in a work when his glucose lowered.He does not remember anything but his intention was to return home, ”explains Agent Ortega, who is sincere and points out that services like these" are the best reward when you are a civil guard. "In his work and at home the word hero has not stopped sounding since July 13.

Source: Link

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
07/25/2017 midnight
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

His wife was diabetic and knew how to act.I am glad that this news is advertised and that hypoglycemia is not confused with a drunkenness.
Very good for the guard who set the pupils.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/25/2017 12:06 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The son of a friend of my family died from hypoglycemia, the subway security guards confused him with a drug addict for the symptoms he had and literally threw him out of the subway.It was terrible.

Link

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/25/2017 12:13 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I guess they will give you first aid courses to know how to act.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/25/2017 12:24 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

One thing is that they give them first aid courses (choking, cardiac stops/respiratory RCP, wounds, etc ... and others that form them to identify a hypoglyúmia, that is already another song, it turns out that there are health professionals who do not have orIdea, the more people with a first aid course.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
07/25/2017 9:31 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

I fully agree with Regina's comment, to this news.Congratulations to this agent and by extension to the entire body.
I am one of those who rejoice greatly when I see them anywhere.They transmit a lot of confidence and security.
Greetings.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
07/26/2017 12:06 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

Ouf .... less bad.

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/26/2017 12:36 p.m.

Luckily, but then it is said here that you can make a "practically" life.
Fuck with normal.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
07/28/2017 11:34 a.m.

ajd said:
less bad, but then it is said here that a "practically" normal life can be made.
Fuck with normal.

Good partner, can't you?, as you explain, that there is an elite team, elite athletes, RN other countries can be a police officer, commercial aviation pilot, firefighters, etc.
That happened because it is not controlled and second you are working and you do not have any sugar, Glucosport, Coca Cola, a thousand things, I always carry, there, I forgot today I have done 98 km of bike and tomorrow I plan to make 130, which isThe problem? Eye and I go alone.
A hug
By the way a very strong hug to my colleagues from the Civil Guard and all the state agents

xara's profile photo
xara
07/30/2017 11:16 p.m.

Well .., hypoglycemia can give accidentally and it is not for bad control..Precisely the more controlled it is, the greater the risk. And they are dangerous when the symptoms are not noticed and it does not give time to act.You can't blame the diabetic.Luckily it happens a few times.
And that is why we would have to have a continuous and reliable measurement.May everyone get.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/31/2017 2:09 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.