"There are no prohibited foods, there are recommended portions," said Gisela Ayala Téllez, executive director of the Mexican Diabetes Federation, so having such rich foods in Mérida, it is not about prohibiting, because that causes people to retractAnd he does not want to hear what you say, but it is to make them understand what is the best for their health.

Mérida signed on Friday the memorandum of understanding of the Cities program changing diabetes, with the Novo Nordisk laboratory, which proposes to carry out studies on diabetes in the city, workshops and establish an advisory advice to address the condition.

There Gisela Ayala recognized the importance of people being their own vigilant of what they eat and make their own decisions, rather than restricting junk food.“If you eat tacos, drink water, walk, accompany them with salad, ensure that the three most important foods of the day and collations have vegetables.You have to take care of quantity, hydrate and exercise, healthy lifestyle without causing problems, ”he said.

“Diabetes education does not propose restrictions, but decisions.If 64 kilos are weighed and not exercised, caloric consumption will be less.If I walk, I move, I take stairs, that will allow me to increase the number of calories I consume, ”he said.

“Diabetes does not go on vacation or sleep on weekends, it is with you every day, all the time.But if you learn how your body works, you will learn to make adequate decisions so that it does not affect you, ”he emphasized.

He acknowledged that the Mexican Association of Diabetes in the Southeast supports child population of type one in how to integrate all foods into an unfiring diet on diabetes control, add it to constant physical activity, with automation and attachment to treatment.

The dish of good eating that predominates with vegetables accompanied with a glass of water and is about putting beef, pork, chicken, fish, mentioned what to eat.

He pointed out that “a healthy eating does not have to be more expensive, but appropriate to what you like and your purchasing power.He needs to come in education plans, there is information in primary textbooks, but he needs to go further. ”

He said that the psychological issue is essential for people to use outdoor gyms and the areas of opportunity that are given to value it and make a change in their life.