{'en': 'Open the registration period for the 6th race and popular walking through diabetes', 'es': 'Abierto el plazo de inscripción para la 6ª Carrera y Caminata Popular por la Diabetes'} Image

Open the registration period for the 6th race and popular walking through diabetes

fer's profile photo   06/28/2017 9:29 a.m.

The registration period of the 6th race and popular walk for diabetes organized by the Diabetes Foundation and the Diabetes Madrid Association is already open, and which will be held next Sunday, November 19 at the Paseo de Camoens of the Park of the West Park ofMadrid, where the 6th edition of Expodiabetes will take place in parallel.

The 6th race and popular walking through diabetes is a solidarity event that brings together all types of audiences - people with diabetes, family, friends and all those who want to join this celebration - and supposes the end point to the commemorative activities heldAround the World Diabetes Day (November 14).Its main objective is to raise awareness about the importance of performing physical activity, both to prevent type 2 diabetes among the general population and to exercise better control among people with type 1 and 2 diabetes and, at the same time, show that theDiabetes is not a limitation in the practice of physical exercise.

This year, all activities will be dedicated to women under the slogan “our right to a healthy future”, so in this 6th race and popular walking through diabetes, special attention will be dedicated to the female group.

There are currently more than 199 million women living with diabetes.Diabetes is the ninth cause of death among women in the world and causes 2.1 million deaths every year.Also, in developing countries, and the result of socio -economic conditions, girls and women with diabetes face barriers in access to prevention, early detection, diagnosis, treatment and attention.

In another order of things, in Spain the woman is the one who usually assumes as a rule the role of caregiver, especially of the children who debut in diabetes, but also the support function of parents, husband and other relatives with diabetes, which generatesImportant problems of work overload and in some cases the abandonment of your job, which can generate an increase in its level of stress, anxiety or depression and impoverishment of the family by stopping entering a salary.

Record of participants

In the last edition, about 4,000 people participated in this race and popular walking through diabetes, which makes it the largest sport event related to this disease that is celebrated in Spain.This year the organizing entities hope to get that number of participants again and increase the number of expodiabetes visitors.

Sports tests
As in previous years, 6th race and popular walking through diabetes contemplates a 10 km test, another of 5 km -both with male and female categories and three awards by category -a 2.2 km walk and children's races for children for childrenUp to 12 years.In all tests, anyone can participate regardless of their age or physical condition.

The registration price for the 10 km race is € 12, for the 5 km race and the walk is € 10 and € 5 for children's races (up to 12 years), and includes a shirt, dorsal, sureand runner bag and chip for races of 10 and 5 km.

The collection of the sale of the dorsals will be used for projects of the Diabetes and the Diabetes Madrid Foundation, the event organizing entities.There is also the possibility of collaborating with the objectives of 6th race and popular walking through diabetes making a registration of the Dorsal 0 through a solidarity contribution.

Registration can be made through the website: www.mueveteporladiabetes.org and at the Sports Plant of El Corte Inglés de Nuevos Ministries.

glycemic control tests

Unlike other sporting events, theDiabetes Carrera offers participants a glycemic control service in km 0 and in Km 5, in tents installed by the Society of Endocrinology, Nutrition and Diabetes of the Community of Madrid (Sendimad) and Red Cross.

Expodiabetes, the largest diabetes fair in Spain
Together with the different sports tests, the 6th edition of Expodiabetes will be held, the largest diabetes fair in our country, aimed at all those who want to join and celebrate this sports party and learn more about diabetes.

This year it is planned to celebrate numerous activities for people with and without diabetes of all ages: a playground, a scenario for recreational activities and another stands area with all kinds of diabetes information.In addition, ophthalmological tests, diabetic foot reviews -since diabetes is one of the main causes of blindness and lower member amputations -, testing test tests to measure the risk of disease development and massages to the general public in the general public.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/28/2017 9:29 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

This year it seems that they have agreed, how big rage, three very important races for me:
- Cross of the Cartagena Artillery, the most important in the city.
- Diabetes race
- The Valencia Marathon where I have my next challenge.
Full of rage for these coincidences !!!!!!Three races I wanted to do and put them the same day !!!!

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/29/2017 8:42 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Well, it is coincidence yes ... but hey, if it coincides every year, you can consider it as a three -year challenge and you are doing them, right?

Muuuuchos encouragement with the marathon !!!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
06/29/2017 8:55 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Last year if the race for Diabetes Madrid and Artillery Cross coincided, but not doing that of my city would be something that cannot be.This year I heard that in Barcelona it would also be done but I think it is also on the same date.
The marathon theme is the primordial right now, the one to want to do it in a time after Madrid that is one of the most complicated in Spain for its elevations is very important to me, where I have to change all training techniques to achieve it

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/29/2017 9:17 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Jolin, I had not realized the date.And I was going to propose to go to Madrid .....

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
06/29/2017 9:58 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.