My experience with toujeo insulin

xuaco's profile photo   07/28/2017 1:45 p.m.

Hello everyone,

I just registered in the forum, I present myself and greet you cordially.

I want to expose what happens to me with this insulin, I have been diabetic for 28 years, with healthy eating, and I have taken it quite well all these years, my problem began in August 2016, by changing from Lantus to Toujeo (slow), I lost four kilos for having very high figures.

The heat alters the figures rises and rises, I am quick and the toujeo increased to remove the peaks, I do not know why this happens and it is only in summer, the opposite happens by winter, I do not know what is due, you can help me.

Thank you.

xuaco's profile photo
xuaco
07/28/2017 1:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

First of all, welcome to the "xuaco" forum, I hope we can help you !!;)

I recommend that you read these issues, you can also ask specifically there for the toujeo insulin.

Link
Link
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
07/28/2017 1:49 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Well, I suffer just the opposite effect: in summer I need to lower basal and fast why insulin makes me more effect.Toujeo + Novorapid.In the last month and a half I have had to lower 3 units of Toujeo because I had constant glucose fall ... and I already be quite stable again

JPR's profile photo
JPR
07/28/2017 4:06 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

@xuaco, if you upload toujeo, do not fix it and see that you are not better, return to Lantus.If you were doing well with that insulin and you are not better with the other, stay with the best

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/28/2017 6:02 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

We leave it for swallow.

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
07/28/2017 10:39 p.m.

I have been with Lantus for several years and I had several day and night hypoglycemia, so my endocrine changed to Toujeo and improves a lot, it is a very stable insulin, I injected me 10 units at 11 at night, the same ones that I used from Lantus, but Toujeo is doing very well.

Marybe  Days's profile photo
Marybe Days
04/14/2019 10 p.m.

I recover this old post to see if the same thing happened to me.
Normally Toujeo is flat, if I lie in 100, I get up in the same range.If I spend fat at dinner, at dawn I get glymia because Toujeo does not counteract those peaks.
So far everything known.
Well, 3 days ago I put my dose and did not have dinner, I was at 98, very acceptable value.At 4:00 entered in hypoglycemia 39mg/dl, over sugar and 2 candies.I go back to 58, and I went back to 36, like this every 45 min until I got up to breakfast (one Sunday at 8:00 !!) I had breakfast the usual, I did not put insulin (I usually wear 4-6uds) andI did not go from 140.
The issue is that although Toujeo is flat, but Ceno enters hypoglycemia but for the day I can be 18 hours without eating and nothing glymia moves.I don't understand.🤷‍♀️

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/08/2023 12:07 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

If you put it at night, it may be that the first hours act more than the last.Although it is flat in theory ..
My daughter puts it in the morning and at night something goes down, but does not usually get to Hip.
This flat insulins is a bit of a story..The body does what it wants

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/08/2023 2:53 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

I also put it in the morning, maybe that happened to you.And during that day you did more or less the same as others?I mean that if you didn't walk or did more, for example.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
11/08/2023 8:30 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

@Ruthbia that also happens to me with Insulatard.They are flat, but "something" very little consume.
The day that I don't ceno hc, I put 1 or 2 less ... because if not ... it happens to me ...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
11/08/2023 11:10 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

No, on Saturday I was relaxing and 3 hours of cinema, and how I ate some nuts, I was not hungry and I didn't have dinner.
What bothers me is that there are 12 -hour fast days, working and being active but does not go down, it is stable between 90 and 95. Even with viruses and vertigos, without eating, stable.
In the bed I spend anything and enter Hicm.

I do not know, the same although my reservation is ridiculous (0.15 peptide C 2 years ago the last time) the same thing manages to stabilize for the day.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/08/2023 12:03 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

In my case, although Toujeo is supposed to be flat and lasts more than 24 hours, in my body it does not work like this and I made peaks down a few hours after the injection and upwards after 20 hours or so.It took me to night hypoglycemia injected before bedtime and the afternoons were a disaster up.I tried other schedules and nothing.

Reading there I saw that there are people who divide it into two shots.I've been doing it for several years and it is much more stable.Right now I put 6 units at 7am and 7 units at 8.30pm.

Vicky Bu's profile photo
Vicky Bu
11/11/2023 4:50 p.m.

Diabetes 1 LADA desde enero 2018
Antes mal diagnosticada como Tipo 2
Toujeo y Humalog Junior
A1c: 6.0

vicky bu said:
in my case, although toujeo is supposed toinjection and up after 20 hours or so.It took me to night hypoglycemia injected before bedtime and the afternoons were a disaster up.I tried other schedules and nothing.

Reading there I saw that there are people who divide it into two shots.I've been doing it for several years and it is much more stable.Right now I put 6 units at 7am and 7 units at 8.30pm.

How interesting you say.I get toujeo at 9:00 p.m. and from 3 in the morning my glucose throws down and around the afternoon at 17 or 18 I go up.I do not fall in nocturnal hypo and in the afternoon I go to the gym, so I can exercise without having to pull a fruit or a caramel.
It seems that the behavior of my glucose block with what you explain

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
11/11/2023 9:05 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

I have seen this thread on Toujeo, and I have a doubt.
Is it normal for insulin to enter me?
The prick tolerate it great but insulin hurts a little when I enter and as I read this should not happen with any kind of insulin.Will I be doing something wrong?

Madrileña91's profile photo
Madrileña91
11/14/2023 12:25 a.m.

Diabetes Mody desde 2021, última HG 5,4

@"Madrileña91" Well, with the slow ones it always happens to me ...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
11/14/2023 12:35 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

@"Madrid 91", it can happen because they are acidic insulins, but not everyone notices ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/14/2023 2:13 a.m.

Madrid91 said:
I have seen this thread on toujeo, and I have a doubt.
The prick tolerate it great but insulin hurts a little when I enter and as I read this should not happen with any kind of insulin.Will I be doing something wrong?

Do you put it cold?

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
11/14/2023 9:23 a.m.

I do not wear it cold as I know, I have the pen in a drawer in the living room along with all the medications and I take it at the time of the injection (at night), maybe should it have it outside?

Madrileña91's profile photo
Madrileña91
11/14/2023 1:02 p.m.

Diabetes Mody desde 2021, última HG 5,4

It only hurts me recently taken from the fridge

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
11/14/2023 1:06 p.m.

Madrid91 said:
I have seen this thread on toujeo, and I have a doubt.
The prick tolerate it great but insulin hurts a little when I enter and as I read this should not happen with any kind of insulin.Will I be doing something wrong? & Lt;/blockquote

It also burns a little, I think they have to do with a lot of liquid, because the long insulin dose is greater than that of fast action, and the fabric where it is injected is "expands" more.

I have to put an intramuscular injection every month, and when I put a lot

JRIuris's profile photo
JRIuris
11/14/2023 1:45 p.m.

DT 1 desde septiembre de 2023
Glic a debut: 14.
Glic en 2024: 5,6
Toujeo 16 Uds
Novorapid 3/4/3

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.