{'en': 'What is happening?So much effort for this?', 'es': 'Qué está pasando? Tanto esfuerzo para esto?'} Image

What is happening?So much effort for this?

Franco0399's profile photo   06/23/2018 2:32 a.m.

Hello everyone,

I am 19 years old and approximately 6 months ago I was diagnosed with DT1.Free -free use and I consider that I have very good control.

It is very rare that it goes from 160mg/dl.In February they did the analytics and the only thing that was out of place was glycosylated hemoglobin at 8.88%, obviously because of the fact of being newly diagnosed.

The analytics made me again this week, I was waiting anxiously for a hem below 7%, even below 6.5%.

To my surprise when I open the papers, I had a hemo of 9.47%.Apart from that the high creatinine, 36mg/24hs microalbuminuria and proteinuria of 81mg/24hs (this last figure within the range).

I really don't know what to think, I don't understand anything.Free estimates an average of 5.1% in the A1C.If I were wrong for I don't know, 2 points would be more credible, but they are more than 4.

So much effort for this ??!

I don't even have been in this for a year and I feel totally shattered, what will the future hold me?

The analytics will repeat me and the truth I hope it is a terrible error of the laboratory.

Basically that, I just wanted to download.

Franco0399's profile photo
Franco0399
06/23/2018 2:32 a.m.

Basaglar 9 unidades mañana, 8 noche. Apidra a demanda.

Good night.Wait for results of the new analytics and do not come down.Pessimism is not a solution at all.You are even starting, but you will learn that in diabetes two plus two is never four, it must still be an error.What future will bring you?Well, taking care of a very good future.Much encouragement

Jess's profile photo
Jess
06/23/2018 6:25 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Franco0399" If it is really rare for you to pass from 160mg/dl and the freestyle marks a 5.1 hem that although there is a small deviation down between capillary and free glycemia, it is materially impossible for you to have a hemoglobin of 9.47%.Or it is a laboratory error or there is something that escapes us, courage !!!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/23/2018 11:12 a.m.

I think it is a laboratory error.Once they made the capillary glyce and gave me 1 point above the real value.He had 5.5 and gave me 6.4.I know because I made it deprived of the frustration that I generate.
You can calculate it with the average glucose of the capillary glucometer in case the free measures you a little bad.But the truth is that very little deviates, at most 0.4 of the Real.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/23/2018 noon

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Eye with the free sensors that there are some that come very mismatched and do not mark a linear deviation.When you put some in which you detect a small error from the beginning, you must contrast it with the capillary to different glycemia ranges: low, socks and high, for example at 80/90, 120/130 and 140/160.I now have one that at 80 marks 100 (20 more) but if it marks 140 I am in 200 or more.If you have caught one of those, to 160 maybe you are quite above 200.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
06/23/2018 7 p.m.

Thank you all for answering.
@"Runing50" I use Glimp and thus calibrate the sensor with capillary tests.I make 4 capillaries a day, before each meal.

Franco0399
06/24/2018 12:18 a.m.

Well then it has to be a mistake, how are you physically?Because with a hemo of 9.47 you would have to find tired all day.If you can, change your laboratory, although that is not easy unless you do the analytics for the private sector or have some private society.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
06/24/2018 6:43 p.m.

@"Runing50" I feel good, at all tired.My doctor is going to make the analyzes again but in another laboratory to see what happens.

Franco0399
06/24/2018 7:46 p.m.

Let's see if they were wrong with another person's analysis,
If so, you can't trust free.
You will get good control, don't worry.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/25/2018 2:39 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well, if you make hair, the Glimp perfectly calculates the glyc.I have proven that Glimp approaches more than free.
There are 2 calculation methods and Glimp's is the one that approaches the one that gives me the SS laboratory.
Put an eye on the average tables.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/26/2018 7:52 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Franco0399 You can always make a capillary glyce in a pharmacy to get quieter, they give you the result in 10 minutes.At least you spend a few days quieter until the laboratory results arrive.
It is weird but they can always commit some laboratory failure, we are human.

POTI's profile photo
POTI
06/26/2018 11:03 a.m.

@"Ruthbia" Glimp estimates a 5.1%glyc.As I said, it could be 2 points of difference exaggerating, but more than 4 seems crazy.

Franco0399
06/26/2018 2:36 p.m.

Hi @"Franco0399"
Sometimes free measures well below real capillary glucose, a little lower hemoglobin estimates me but not with such a difference.
I think there may be more factors that affect the value of glycosylated hemoglobin, it is still a glycosylated hemoglobin in reference to a total.If the total hemoglobin value varies, for an anemia, for example, it couldAnd perjuro that could not be, until they told me a little above that there could be other factors that affected that value, I remember that I did a search on the Internet and I saw something like what I have commented above.In the end I never knew why it had happened.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
06/27/2018 10:44 a.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

This issue and the comments that have been made, have reminded me of two in which the same was also discussed, and that I personally like, because they illustrate our situation very well, I refresh them here, I think it is worth it!;)

Link
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
06/29/2018 11:27 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Good, relive the subject to tell you my results.Glycosilada of 5.5% and urine analysis gave everything perfect.Obviously it was a horrible laboratory error.

Franco0399
07/31/2018 4:45 p.m.

Well, they walked that they had it. I don't know how those things can happen .., and who has taken your analysis will be so happy ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/31/2018 4:53 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

@"Regina" made me a bad time to me but I am also worried about the fact that there is a person who believes he is completely healthy ...

Franco0399
07/31/2018 5:23 p.m.

Yes, he will think he is very good and will continue with the same hemo of 9 and peak ... that is to denounce it ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/31/2018 5:41 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.