{'en': "Careless diabetes is Alzheimer's prelude", 'es': 'Diabetes descuidada es antesala de Alzheimer'} Image

Careless diabetes is Alzheimer's prelude

fer's profile photo   08/01/2017 10:23 a.m.

Diabetes mellitus increases the risk of Alzheimer's and other dementias among older adults, said the president of the Association of Geriatrics and Gerontology of Aguascalientes, Carolina Bernal López, so she highlighted the importance of timely detection and the appropriate treatment of said saiddisease to avoid complications.

Bernal López said that, according to the National Health and Nutrition Survey of 2016, in Mexico between 20 and 25% of adults over 60, Diabetes Mellitus suffer.He explained that this problem derives in two circumstances: that the elderly has this disease because it initiated it from a young age, or, already being old acquired the condition.

The president of the Association of Geriatrics and Gerontology of Aguascalientes commented that diabetes causes oldDiabetic neuropathy of the lower limbs that cause them alterations in the sensitivity and motorcycling of the legs, which results in alterations in mobility or march.

Bernal López indicated that the more years the diabetes is evolving, it is more likely to have any of these complications, which will cause, important health expenses, a large number of hospitalizations and a very high degree of dependence, with theneed to have a caregiver.

The president of the Association of Geriatrics and Gerontology commented that healthApply other important measures.

Regarding treatment in older adults, Bernal López stressed that there are certain medications that are safer for this age group, due to dose issues, that is, it implies one or two shots per day.Finally, Carolina Bernal called on the general population to perform the blood test for the early detection of diabetes from any age and not wait for a disease to afflict them and take them to emergency.

fer's profile photo
fer
08/01/2017 10:23 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

This is good news and the rest are nonsense .... :(

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
08/04/2017 12:06 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have already seen in many places that Alzheimer's call type 3 diabetes. So I have read the problem is that the brain is not able to use glucose correctly and runs out of fuel, that makes some parts die.To me people with Alzheimer's that I have seen at times that have less lucidity reminds me in part when my sister gave strong downs that I did not know what I was doing until the glucose returned to a normal level.Then he did not remember anything that had passed that interval.
It makes sense that diabetics have more ballots for this type of disease, another thing to add to the list :(
There is still much to investigate but I have seen that in some study they have seen improvements when applying ketogenic diets.These diets are based on a very low amount of hydrate and high fat, so the body is in ketosis most of the time taking the energy from ketone bodies instead of glucose.As the brain is also able to use ketone bodies as a source of energy the patient improves.I do not know anyone who has tried it so I do not know if it really works or how much improvement is obtained but makes sense at least at theoretical level.I have also seen that coconut oil is going well for these cases by how the body metabolizes.Apparently it has a special type of medical chain fatty acids that the liver directly turns ketone bodies so after consuming it, improvement is seen in these patients.
Let's see if they continue to investigate and find a cure or treatment that allows you to lead a normal life because more and more cases are seen.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
08/04/2017 12:47 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Then we say that not everything that happens to us is a consequence of diabetes .... Well, less badly when I keep reading post after post that diabetes is the prelude to ..... we would not end up asking what does not affect what does not affectDiabetes?, we all know the consequences of not having good control, some is the first thing they showed us after our debut, the diabetic patients do not need to remind us of how devastating this disease is if you stop having face andcontrol it.Instead of wasting time to write articles or carry out absurd studies that do not help relieve the cross we carry.It is better that time will be used in writing articles in how the pharmaceutical industry (laboratories) showers at the expense of the imperative need of these patients to control their diabetes, receiving concessions, aid, subsidies and benefits, but without being required to go toMore in the development, evolution and reliability of their treatments, devices and devices.That use the time in studies where to show the progress and how they have occurred in 30 years and as translates to the quality of the patient.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/04/2017 6:59 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.