{'en': 'Dexcom sensor pain G4', 'es': 'Dolor sensor Dexcom G4'} Image

Dexcom sensor pain G4

Palomilla's profile photo   06/23/2018 2:03 p.m.

Hello everyone,

A few weeks ago I started using the Dexcom G4.I put on the first sensor in the abdomen, right side, I kept step by step the indications of the video and I had no problem.I fixed the adhesive with tape and when I showered, then dried it with the dryer.Then I discovered the tegaderm reading another thread of this forum and ended with the dryer operation.The fact is that everything was great.

Two days ago I put on the second sensor (also in the abdomen, left side) and just inserting the filament I felt pain, something that had not happened to the first.In addition, if I press on the front of the transmitter (just where G4) I notice a slight pain, as if I had a needle that clicks me.I put the tape, but it started to chop;I removed it and instead put the tegaderm.At 10 min, I was already chopping again.Now I have a beautiful red square.

I suppose the redness is due to some allergy that has given me the tape and the tegaderm and I do not give it more importance.What I don't just like is that pain that I notice if I snore the transmitter.At first glance, it does not seem that the area is inflamed (if it is, it would be under the sensor and I can't see that).

On Monday I will call Novalab to see if they can clarify to what that feeling is due (I would not like to have to take my sensor, with what it costs, Ayyyyyyyyyy).What I wanted to know is if it happened to you and if this pain enters into "normal."

Thank you so much.
A hug.

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
06/23/2018 2:03 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

@"Palomilla".Girl, what you have is a good allergic reaction.And to me the dexcom does not bother me anything, of course, a pain at the time of insertion, nothing more.Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
06/23/2018 11:54 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

@gemater

palomilla said:
hello to all:

A few weeks ago I started using the Dexcom G4.I put on the first sensor in the abdomen, right side, I kept step by step the indications of the video and I had no problem.I fixed the adhesive with tape and when I showered, then dried it with the dryer.Then I discovered the tegaderm reading another thread of this forum and ended with the dryer operation.The fact is that everything was great.

Two days ago I put on the second sensor (also in the abdomen, left side) and just inserting the filament I felt pain, something that had not happened to the first.In addition, if I press on the front of the transmitter (just where G4) I notice a slight pain, as if I had a needle that clicks me.I put the tape, but it started to chop;I removed it and instead put the tegaderm.At 10 min, I was already chopping again.Now I have a beautiful red square.

I suppose the redness is due to some allergy that has given me the tape and the tegaderm and I do not give it more importance.What I don't just like is that pain that I notice if I snore the transmitter.At first glance, it does not seem that the area is inflamed (if it is, it would be under the sensor and I can't see that).

On Monday I will call Novalab to see if they can clarify to what that feeling is due (I would not like to have to take my sensor, with what it costs, Ayyyyyyyyyy).What I wanted to know is if it happened to you and if this pain enters into "normal."

Thank you so much.
A hug.

I imagine that you will have already solved the subject.I've been using Dexcom for 8 years, the area has ever redested but after so much use I have noticed that it is for sweat so it happens not by any allergic reaction, acid sweat makes that happen that, even several times doing aMark around the tape.
I do not like anything to put it in my belly because it is more than proven that it is less hard, in the hard arm as a general rule much more and the sweat theme to be in that area of ​​the triceps the sweat affects less, in addition that it moves much lessThe sensor filament.Once when have you punctured with the PEN, have you not noticed as a strong itch?

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/14/2018 1:54 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Many thanks to Solaria and Jconegar for answering.

I talked to Novalab to comment that pain I felt when I touched the sensor;In addition, I realized that the receiver was left without marking anything during spaces of about 10 min.It is not that it was out of reach, simply, it offered no measurement for short periods.

They told me that I should never feel pain, maybe a small puncture when inserting the needle, but never after and much less continuously.They commented that the area could be inflamed and that the filament may not be well placed and the great news is that they will replace it for free.

As for the allergy he commented and that he had exactly the shape or tape or tegaderm, it can be, Jconegar, what you comment.I have tried to put on the tape and tegaderm in other body areas and I don't get any redness.

As for the PEN and feel a strong itching, I, luckily (or for the moment), neither feel nor suffer.I had to be faquir in a previous life.:-)

When I can no longer resurrect the third sensor that I have now (and what TB I have put on the abdomen), I will try to put it in my arm.I even believe that to bathe at sea it will be safer to put a bracelet that covers it so that it does not take off and lose it if I am long in the water.

Thanks again.

Palomilla
07/14/2018 3:53 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.

palomilla said:
thank you very much to Solaria and Jconegar for answering.

I talked to Novalab to comment that pain I felt when I touched the sensor;In addition, I realized that the receiver was left without marking anything during spaces of about 10 min.It is not that it was out of reach, simply, it offered no measurement for short periods.

They told me that I should never feel pain, maybe a small puncture when inserting the needle, but never after and much less continuously.They commented that the area could be inflamed and that the filament may not be well placed and the great news is that they will replace it for free.

As for the allergy he commented and that he had exactly the shape or tape or tegaderm, it can be, Jconegar, what you comment.I have tried to put on the tape and tegaderm in other body areas and I don't get any redness.

As for the PEN and feel a strong itching, I, luckily (or for the moment), neither feel nor suffer.I had to be faquir in a previous life.:-)

When I can no longer resurrect the third sensor that I have now (and what TB I have put on the abdomen), I will try to put it in my arm.I even believe that to bathe at sea it will be safer to put a bracelet that covers it so that it does not take off and lose it if I am long in the water.

Thanks again.

If you comment that in the area it can be for sweat by the edge of the tape and the touch with the clothes, I doubt that it will happen to you in the arms.
Look at this video is of a tipejo that I record it, it is not of great quality but you will see more or less the area.There does not use Skin Tac or additional dressing but I recommend both.
Link

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/14/2018 4:27 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Graaaaaaaacias, Jconegar!

And, of course, the "Type" many more thanks.;-)

Palomilla
07/14/2018 6:54 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.

@"Jconegar", I have put the sensor on my arm following your video.Very clear and very well explained.

I have used Skin Tac and it has occurred to me that, instead of putting tape or other dressing to secure the sensor, I could try the cohesive bandage, because I also protected the transmitter if I collided with someone, I hit me or whateand prevent it from going through the air (then look for it ...).

I carry it as if it were a bracelet and the good thing about that bandage is that it does not stick to the skin.Being elastic, one can choose the pressure you want in your arm;In addition, although the transmitter is covered, the band does not prevent it from communicating with the receiver.I leave the bandage even to sleep, as if I move a lot and I am turning from one place to another, everything is protected.

To bathe in the sea or in the pool and be a good time without fear that sensor and transmitter end up being the new best friends of spongebob, I first assured the sensor with plastic tape and I cover everything with a tennis doll, of whichThey are used to remove the sweat of the face.The doll-bracelet ends up soaked, of course, but at least I know that if the sensor took off, everything would be inside the doll.

The bandage and doll (2) I bought them in Decathlon, all for 8 euros.At the moment, everything works great.

I hope this comment can help the sensor-baces.

@"Fer", I have already learned about the arroba.;-)

Palomilla
07/19/2018 10:06 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.

palomilla said:
@"jconegar", I put the sensor in my arm following your video.Very clear and very well explained.

I have used Skin Tac and it has occurred to me that, instead of putting tape or other dressing to secure the sensor, I could try the cohesive bandage, because I also protected the transmitter if I collided with someone, I hit me or whateand prevent it from going through the air (then look for it ...).

I carry it as if it were a bracelet and the good thing about that bandage is that it does not stick to the skin.Being elastic, one can choose the pressure you want in your arm;In addition, although the transmitter is covered, the band does not prevent it from communicating with the receiver.I leave the bandage even to sleep, as if I move a lot and I am turning from one place to another, everything is protected.

To bathe in the sea or in the pool and be a good time without fear that sensor and transmitter end up being the new best friends of spongebob, I first assured the sensor with plastic tape and I cover everything with a tennis doll, of whichThey are used to remove the sweat of the face.The doll-bracelet ends up soaked, of course, but at least I know that if the sensor took off, everything would be inside the doll.

The bandage and doll (2) I bought them in Decathlon, all for 8 euros.At the moment, everything works great.

I hope this comment can help the sensor-baces.

Of course your comment can help !!!!As you doubt !!!!You will see how in the arm it lasts more, but I invite you to some reeds hahaha.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/19/2018 11:23 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

palomilla said:

I love it!!Thanks @"Palomilla"!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
07/20/2018 12:05 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello, for more k I looked and Remiro on the network, I do not see how to inform myself about where to buy the G4 and the payment method.You could tell me where?

Marikiya 984's profile photo
Marikiya 984
07/22/2018 5:02 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, @"Marikiya 984":

In Spain, Dexcom distributes it Novalab
You have to call (91 802 45 15) or you can send an email to orders-novalab@airliquide.com and give you all the information you need.
You can also make the order using the " store ", although before you will have to create an account (the full kit Dexcom G4: Receiver, transmitter, 4 sensors = 1430 euros).
All the best :-)

Palomilla
07/22/2018 5:22 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.