Click without eating

elena31's profile photo   08/11/2017 12:27 p.m.

Hello!
My question is about insulin injection: I would like to know if for example, I don't feel like having breakfast and I have a high sugar, I should puncture some insulin.
Sometimes this has happened to me and I have never punctured, because whenever it happened it was an hour very close to eating.
What do you recommend?

elena31's profile photo
elena31
08/11/2017 12:27 p.m.

Lantus. NovoRapid.
Diabética desde 2012.

Hello,
If you need to correct a glucose outside of target you can do it effectively with the bolus of the food, adding the necessary insulin amount, according to your sensitivity factor (you can put the separate correction, that works great when the glucose is in 160 mg figures/dl up)

If you are not hungry or you have a lot to eat, the thing is that you always correct hyperglycemia and the eagles a short time, although here there are many factors.I, for example, would be very careful to correct a postprandial of high breakfast, why I know that my mid -morning trend is of descent and it is likely that a 200 postprandial becomes an objective glucose before food.If 200 happens to me after eating or after dinner, I can correct or that will never go down alone ...

Also, if you carry a continuous meter you can look what graphic is painting the sensor, whether ascent, stable or down ... that can give the key to correct now, wait a pelin or directly not correct

As you see ... the answer is "depends" ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
08/11/2017 1:20 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Elena I don't understand much either ... my son has happened to have 350 and miss an hour to eat and the diabetologist only tells us to drink water and play, that you have to wait for food to correct.I read that almost everyone here, if they have high correct even if they are not going to eat ... hope they help us and tell us how they are handled ...
Thank you!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
08/28/2017 3:51 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Of course we corrected immediately, which happens that later in the food it must be taken into account that this insulin continues to work and you have to click less evidently.And when insulins overlap is sometimes complicated to calculate.

Some endocrine to not complicate life say we hope, and I suppose more in children, but in truth the less time we are at 300 the better.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/28/2017 4:41 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Sherpa41 Thank you!And when insulin are placed because x example is 300 and is missing an hour or an hour to eat, do they take something sugary?Because it may be different, but my son had ketones and 300 glycemia on another occasion, had it to be insulin even if he did not touch his food, and prior to that less than half a glass of a sugary juice ... and did I get mess?I do not understand, if you are high because giving something sugary prior to insulin, x that I ask if they eat something prior to puncture if they are high.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
08/28/2017 6:20 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Yes there is acetone, the theory is to put extra insulin with something sugary, to lower the ketones.
But before a punctual climb, the extra insulin is put to stay target, without passing, and now.
For example, if you are 250 and you know that an insulin unit lowers you 50, you put two extra units and measure yourself at two hours.
But you have to first check what a fast unit lowers.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/28/2017 7:36 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

So, it seems to me, it will be a matter of cheering and going little by little, of half a unit and seeing when it is high ... Thank you !!!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
08/28/2017 7:38 p.m.

Argentina

That, little by little;)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/28/2017 7:42 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.