Doubts when using the bowling recommender

maríajosé33's profile photo   06/29/2018 3:01 p.m.

Hello!I am new on this page, but I debuted 23 years ago ... yesterday they gave me the accu-chek bowling recommender expert and for different reasons the educator could not explain in detail how it works .. How can it help me?I have looked for videos on YouTube but they come in English and I don't find out anything :(. Thank you very much in advance :)

maríajosé33's profile photo
maríajosé33
06/29/2018 3:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good night.What do you not understand about the glucometer?I imagine you will eat for portions, but it is little uses you.
1- You measure glycemia
2- You will leave food time and you have several options if it is before eating, then.Before bedtime etc.You put what it is at that time.
3- Carbohydrates, you give him and you will have to put there the amount of rations you are going to eat.
4- Health: This option is to put insulin that you have previously told you because if you are premenstrual, if you are going to exercise, etc.This will make you add insulin at the end or take it away.
5- You give bolus and tell you how much insulin you have to put on.
It is a very shabby and basic summary, it has many more things, but that is the most basic, but of course before it gives you the correct result of the insulin you need you have to enter some data, your insulin sensitivity, the amount you carryBy ration in a certain time block, that is to say many things.I do not understand how they give you a glucometer like that and they do not teach you the operation, I think it is something escensial.Insists the educator to explain it to you.It is my advice, because if you handle it without knowing that your sugar is going to be chaos.
All the best.

Jess's profile photo
Jess
06/30/2018 2:50 a.m.

Well, it's like all glucometers that calculate bowling.The endocrine will have put a sensitivity of 1: 1, (1 Ration Hydrates: 1 Insulin Unit).
As @"Jess" tells you, you measure the capillary and give the calculator.Ask for the rations (10g HC = 1Racion) you put them and will tell you the insulin units.
With 23 years of diabetes you will know very well your sensitivity and the calculator will not need.They put it at the beginning then it is not used.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/01/2018 2:03 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hi Jess ... First of all thank you for your "very shabby and basic summary", which has clarified the mess I have with the recommender ... The truth is that my educator is very nice, but they met meVery late and had to go ... to start sliding my explanation is good ... that is vbasically what I did not understand ... the carbohydrates ... so she put data but did not know if she had put therations that I had to take at each meal or should it do it .... You know about a video in Yotube that could help me? The ones I found are in intakes :( .. thank you again again :)

maríajosé33
07/01/2018 2:05 p.m.

jess said:
good night.What do you not understand about the glucometer?I imagine you will eat for portions, but it is little uses you.
1- You measure glycemia
2- You will leave food time and you have several options if it is before eating, then.Before bedtime etc.You put what it is at that time.
3- Carbohydrates, you give him and you will have to put there the amount of rations you are going to eat.
4- Health: This option is to put insulin that you have previously told you because if you are premenstrual, if you are going to exercise, etc.This will make you add insulin at the end or take it away.
It is a very shabby and basic summary, it has many more things, but that is the most basic, but of course before it gives you the correct result of the insulin you need you have to enter some data, your insulin sensitivity, the amount you carryBy ration in a certain time block, that is to say many things.I do not understand how they give you a glucometer like that and they do not teach you the operation, I think it is something escensial.Insists the educator to explain it to you.It is my advice, because if you handle it without knowing that your sugar is going to be chaos.
All the best.

Maríajosé33 said:
Hi Jess ... First of all thank you for your "very shabby and basic summary", which has clarified quite the mess I have with the recommender ... the recommender ... theIt is true that my educator is very nice, but they gathered very late and I had to go .... To start sliding, your explanation is well ... that is vbasically what I did not understand ... Carbohydrates.Why did she put data but did not know if she had put the rations that she had to take at each meal or should do it ... you know a video in Yotube that could help me? Those I have found are in intakes :(.. Thank you very much again ::

maríajosé33
07/01/2018 2:06 p.m.

Maríajosé33 said:
Jess said:
good night.What do you not understand about the glucometer?I imagine you will eat for portions, but it is little uses you.
1- You measure glycemia
All the best.

Maríajosé33 said:
Hi Jess ... First of all thank you for your "very shabby and basic summary", which has clarified quite the mess I have with the recommender ... the recommender ... theIt is true that my educator is very nice, but they gathered very late and I had to go .... To start sliding, your explanation is well ... that is vbasically what I did not understand ... Carbohydrates.Why did she put data but did not know if she had put the rations that she had to take at each meal or should do it ... you know a video in Yotube that could help me? Those I have found are in intakes :(.. Thank you very much again ::

Another thing I wanted to ask ... when I measure myself after eating, in the recommender, I get "food time", I give him "after meals" .. I have to give him "bolo"?and put on the amount of units that I recommend me, right? .. now it has come out 158 ​​and tells me _1.4 u.. This is like that?Thank you so much :)

maríajosé33
07/01/2018 2:24 p.m.

Well, I suppose yes ... like all things when you have them for the first time in my hand. They gave me Friday and I am asking doubts. Thank you.

ruthbia said:
is like all the glucometers that calculate bowling.The endocrine will have put a sensitivity of 1: 1, (1 Ration Hydrates: 1 Insulin Unit).
As @"Jess" tells you, you measure the capillary and give the calculator.Ask for the rations (10g HC = 1Racion) you put them and will tell you the insulin units.
With 23 years of diabetes you will know very well your sensitivity and the calculator will not need.They put it at the beginning then it is not used.

maríajosé33
07/01/2018 2:32 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.