Sport

Victoriadonoso's profile photo   07/18/2017 11:54 a.m.

The sensor that you apply in the hug is not doing well, it seems uncomfortable because I take off all the time is a hindrance, but all the doctors tell me that it is the best to control the sugar.What do you think?

Victoriadonoso's profile photo
Victoriadonoso
07/18/2017 11:54 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What sensor do you use?There are several ways to protect it and avoid taking off.Regarding that it is the best to control sugar, it helps a lot and above all avoid having to give you so many punctures a day because what is clear is that the best way to control your diabetes is to know what levels of blood sugar you have themore possible time.
All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/18/2017 11:59 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

And what are the best methods to protect it, it seems impossible to me

nigiri said:
What sensor do you use?There are several ways to protect it and avoid taking off.Regarding that it is the best to control sugar, it helps a lot and above all avoid having to give you so many punctures a day because what is clear is that the best way to control your diabetes is to know what levels of blood sugar you have themore possible time.
All the best.

Victoriadonoso's profile photo
Victoriadonoso
07/18/2017 12:30 p.m.

@"Victoriadonoso" so that it does not take off it is essential that the skin is very clean and very dry before putting it.You can get a dressing on you (cutting a small circle in the center), that helps a lot.
I do not take off but it shows me some results that ... without comments!Yesterday night at two hours of dinner 121 while the capillary gave me 160 ...

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/18/2017 12:36 p.m.

Is the sensor new, @"Amélie"?Or is it the same as you commented on previous days?

JPR's profile photo
JPR
07/18/2017 12:39 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

It is the same, @"jpr".It expires me on Thursday.I found a pharmacy that sells them and yesterday I bought one.I consulted the pharmacist if I advised me to be at rest when putting it and told me that it was not necessary ... (I will and will follow your advice;)).
(What I have not yet decided is the place where to place it).
I asked him about the Dexcom (out of curiosity ...) and did not know him.Sometimes I have the feeling that the rest of the world lives a bit disconnected from diabetics and our problems.

By the way, this morning I tried butter at breakfast and very well!;)
(Although it is also true that I have reduced a ration in the 5 meals for fear of those peaks that give me/gave me).

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/18/2017 12:46 p.m.

I am very happy that you have improved at breakfast !!!But do not reduce food, it is not necessary, it only adjusts the insulin and the necessary waiting time and you will see that it will do well.See what happens with different foods, which produces more peaks, which less ... etc ... you have to do all the necessary tests to know 100% of the diabetes and be able to be as free as possible as soon as possible (inDiabetes The more you know everything, the more it is controlled and more freedom is felt).

Regarding the sensor, follow the advice of putting it at rest, paying attention to us: look at a time when you are with stable glucose and without active fast insulin in your body (I know that @"ruthbia" activates it at night and it goes very well): The sensor will improve a lot in glucose readings, you will see it.Anyway, do not forget that the sensor measures glucose in the subcutaneous (interstitial) tissue and, therefore, measures in another different site to the capillary with what is relatively normal and explainable to find differences in the readings (glucose movesBetween interstitial and capillary liquid in favor of graduating: the readings will be the same when the glucose is stable and will be more different in times of rise or decrease).

Anything, here we continue !!!@"Amélie"

JPR's profile photo
JPR
07/18/2017 12:54 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

@"JPR" I have already been able to verify how slow the sugar goes up when as baked chicken, for example ... it's incredible!With the cheese something similar happens to me, but it does not make me so funny because I usually throw it into the salad that Ceno (along with lettuce, onion, apple and nuts) and the next morning I always have a higher tad than what is usually usualIn me.

Yes, yes, I will follow your advice.I am thinking that perhaps the end of the morning is the best moment.I would like to put it at night before sleeping but I prefer to be placed in the health center.

Thank you : )

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/18/2017 4:04 p.m.

@"Victoriadonoso" I recommend that you go through the specific freestyle conversation thread, there you will find methods to protect the sensor and responses to any questions that may arise about it.I leave you the link.

Link

All the best!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/19/2017 1:25 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.