Bathing with insulin pump

Mjj's profile photo   08/20/2017 4:49 p.m.

I can bathe the pool or at the beach without disconnecting my pump
Is that it is a disaster to take it away, I have to recalculate the doses
I have once dyed hypos after

Mjj's profile photo
Mjj
08/20/2017 4:49 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

mjj said:
I can bathe the pool or at the beach without disconnecting my pump
Is that it is a disaster to take it away, I have to recalculate the doses
I have ever dyed hypos later

Since I put the catheter in the back, lower back or upper part of the buttocks and I do not trust that it does not connect well, because sometimes I did not listen to the clip, I never disconnect it, or have a small fanny woman (of the running sprinter) or a belt where the dorsals are hung for the shower.

Greetings

Fco_Javier_8888's profile photo
Fco_Javier_8888
08/20/2017 5:17 p.m.

@"MJJ" What pump you carry?There are submersible pumps, such as Medtronic 640g and Vine Animas.Roche is not.Of course, make sure they do not have any cracks and the caps are in good condition to have no problem.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
08/23/2017 8:34 a.m.

I have been bathing with her and without problems.I have been placing it in gluteo (above) and, for me the best place since it was not seen.Then the pump was kept in the back pocket of the swimsuits (I use those of a lifetime, we go) that have a velcro closure and what is seen is only the tube, which also is comfortable and discreet.Of course, be careful when you feel.For the rest, when also using the sensor, the bathrooms tried not to be more than 20 or 25 minutes, since I found that with more than half an hour, then it took longer to recover the sensor's signal.Ah!And by the way, the sensor placed on the outer side of the thigh (leg), above, has given me very good results !!Both the measurements that almost nailed them, as well as the discretion, since it is not seen (of course, if you use the same type of swimsuit as me).

sllf's profile photo
sllf
08/24/2017 10 a.m.

Diabético tipo I desde 1990 y tengo 50 tacos. En Abril de 2017 con Minimed 640g y su MCG. Hoy estoy con Minimed 780G. Financiado MCG por la SS desde Junio-2018. Hipertensión arterial y ocular. Colesterol. Operado de 2 hernias discales cervicales (C5-C6 y C6-C7) pero con diagnóstico de "Operación fallida". La diabetes todo me lo perjudica....y nos arruina, la Seguridad Social debería financiar A TODOS!!!!! no cuando estás medio muerto como a mí!!!
Última HBA1C: 6,5% (después de muchos años en 9%)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.