{'en': 'I am new in the forum.Help with my control', 'es': 'Soy nuevo en el foro. Ayuda con mi control'} Image

I am new in the forum.Help with my control

DanielMM's profile photo   07/04/2018 5:22 p.m.

Hello very good!

I am new in the forum, my name is Daniel, first of all thank all the people involved in the comments of this topic and other previous ones and to all the people who publish their issues since they are very good information that serves a lot.

I am 24 years old and debut as type 1 mellitus diabetic when I was 15 years old, and I came to ask for a bit of helping since the first years I threw myself with great lack of control, I had to carry a strict diet and I with that was very bad.

From about 3 years ago or 4 I started taking a little more care for my diet.

Today, I have a diet with very few carbohydrates, I try to eat as many fiber and vegetables possible, but even today, I still continue with the sugar somewhat uncontrolled.

I have come to think that after so much years with high hemoglobin, it takes its toll, and it has come to climb the sugar when I should not have climbed, since I made a good measurement of the hydrates I consumed.

It has come to eat protein, click very few units since the proteins do not upload the sugar and then have a hell of the hell without knowing why.

It has also happened to bed with the sugar to 156 and get up at 5 in the morning with sugar at 250 without knowing that, things that are not controlled and I do not know how to solve it and the doctor does not explain to you.

Could someone help me?

Thank you!

DanielMM's profile photo
DanielMM
07/04/2018 5:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The main thing is an adjustment of basal insulin and that must be with the guidelines that an endocrine then marks that adjustment so that it approaches perfect will depend on you based on your profiles.It is clear that maintaining a prolonged high glycate can make the principle of side effects appear that causes a bad control of diabetes.When adjusting the guidelines together with the endocrine and you understand your measurements according to your diet you can with diabetes educators the replacement or change of food in your diet that well by glycemic index or type of absorption leads you to a disagreement of glycemic levels.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
07/04/2018 7:27 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Welcome!The guidelines given by the endocrine serve to adjust the insulins, varying one in a unit., Until you get good values.
The values ​​when awakening, indicate if the slow one is well adjusted, and the values ​​two hours after meals, are controlled with the rapids.I guess you use slow insulin, and the rapids before meals, right?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/05/2018 3:05 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Welcome Daniel!
What you tell us is difficult to help you.How much insulin do you put on each type?What rations do you usually eat?
You also read that sometimes we cannot control what happens to us and there is no explanation.

Tell your endocrine to ask you for an appointment with diabetological nursing.There they will help you a lot to start regulating, then little by little, you are refining until you have good control.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/05/2018 8:09 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

And, today, with fast insulins, we must not carry strict control of hydrates, you can eat everything, knowing how to adapt the hydrates to fast insulin, although in moderation, of course.
When you learn to calculate rations and doses of fast, the freedom that gives you to eat everything, makes the treatment much more bearable.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/05/2018 8:24 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

If regina uses slow and fast insulin, I punctuate 22 units of slow at about 11 at night and quickly because it depends on meals but an average of 4 to 8 for food among those parameters, depending on that as clear.

DanielMM's profile photo
DanielMM
07/05/2018 10:48 a.m.

For now what I see is to bring strict control for me of hydrates, not as white bread only integral and sometimes in the week depending on whether I am exercising that day, either as pasta or rice, and if it is little quantity and integral,I will ask for an appointment and I would adjust my insulin today I got up in the morning with the sugar well, but I spent a curious thing lift me at 5:21 in the morning and I had it in 98 then at 8:15 went to breakfast and theI had 126 have breakfast an 80gr integral bun (4 units) with a coffee with oat milk that barely has carbohydrates, I click 3 units because then I knew that I was going to do sports and that lowers the sugar, then with fearTo give me a descent, I ate half of a cereal bar that has 2 maximum units so I ate 5 units in total and click 3 alone, at 9:30 I was doing sports doing some weights andSome anaherobic exercise, I only made 35 min in total and when I take it in my house I have 235 and that is what I do not understand I suppose that half of that bar did not need but they are very high values ​​... peopleFrom all over the heart, thank you very much for dedicating your time to respond to me, it is quite grateful.

DanielMM's profile photo
DanielMM
07/05/2018 10:56 a.m.

@"Danielmm" As you ate the bar, glymia raised you and if you exercise with high blood glucose, it usually goes up more instead of going down.There are values ​​from which it is advisable to exercise, because it does not lower the level, but it maintains or rises.It is what I think has happened to you.The values ​​surround the 200;But the most forum athletes can more or less say.

The nurses told me that so that they do not exercise, you have to lower the slow 3 days before;If your more or less exercise, for example, Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday, you will have to use less slow insulin.I am disorderly for this, so when I move I go from hicc as hiccups because I don't know when I am going to do it and of course not under the slow.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/05/2018 11:37 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Anaerobic exercise tends to raise glycemia and aerobic to lower it but this is not always like that and not everyone produces the same effect.This also surprised me at the beginning and I explained the endocrine.The normal thing is that I climb you when we do weights although I have checked in my body only happens sometimes, it normally remains more or less stable instead other days it gives me a peak to 200. I never like anything to do weightsAnd sometimes I enter the Gym in 80 and go out at 80-100 normally but one day I leave in 180-200 and I have to correct with a little fast.Of course I always do it without active fast because with fast if it can get off quite much above all the cardio.It is better to try to look for an hour of the day you do not have fast and it is easier to control it.
Anyway, you have to observe your body and the best thing is that all these "inexplicable" things are pointing them out and asked the endocrine to see if you see an explanation.Here we can also tell you in our case that happens to us but not everyone happens to everyone so you will have to see in your case and making adjustments.
The first as they have told you is to adjust the slow one and then you already go to the fast settings.The endocrine will tell you how to do it if you don't know.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
07/05/2018 12:27 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@ how slow you use @danielmm, because if it's lantus, it can be that I stay
Cut in the afternoon.Apart from the fact that you have uploaded you for the exercise.
Now there are more flat insulins and that already last 24 hours or more.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/05/2018 1:08 p.m.

Well, I use Tresiba, then with the subject of exercise because it depends, there is a week that I go 3 days or less according to, and there are days to do 15/20 min of cardio and then 30min of weights so it is a bit complicated to adjust it, thenI recommend that slow down?

DanielMM's profile photo
DanielMM
07/05/2018 5:31 p.m.

If you have it tight to wake up well, don't touch it., Unless you wake up low.
If lack of control is because of the exercise, you can try a little juice before, if you are not high, and measure yourself after exercise, in case you have to correct.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/05/2018 5:40 p.m.

@"Danielmm" Without having the 100 variables that exist in each body, as a rule anaerobic exercise especially if you put a lotkg that with 50kg, but all this is very generic and as they have told you the usual thing it would be that it ups you but it is not always so.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
07/05/2018 11:11 p.m.

Luvi I would like you to help me with your experience in the forum, use Novomix but I don't download anything and novorapid before each meal but I always dawn about 200

carlosu's profile photo
carlosu
07/18/2018 4:52 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.