{'en': 'Eat Gorrin', 'es': 'Comer gorrin'} Image

Eat Gorrin

DiabetesForo's profile photo   07/23/2017 9:21 p.m.

Hello today I have eaten Gorrín and then I have not dropped throughout the afternoon of 300, the rest of the food has been as always measured.

Has anyone happened to someone?

Thank you!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/23/2017 9:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I understand that the gorrín is pig, right?Pork, especially if it is piglet, has a lot of fat and this makes glucose values ​​high for hours.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/23/2017 9:30 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

fat rises glucose ????:-EITHER

ciezanica's profile photo
ciezanica
12/01/2017 1:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, and late ... more well delay the absorption of hydrates and makes the insulin peak not efficient.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/02/2017 1:38 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The calories from fat and protein if they become carbohydrate, so that a very fatty food can end up containing some ration of HC more than is initially thought, precisely because of the fat it contains.Between that and the delay that causes the fat in the HC that the food contains, the rapid insulin can be insufficient and not very efficient if the HC of the fat is not taken into account, and by not matching the peak of action of the fast insulin actionwith the real absorption of food.This will make you have a high postprandial blood glucose and glycemia are still high hours and hours after having eaten.With an insulin pump a dual bolus with a square part solves the matter.With pen, you can divide the dose a bit and put it into two parts, although it is a bit complicated if the concept of protein fat unit is not handled (and this is certainly difficult to know and handle ...)

JPR's profile photo
JPR
12/04/2017 11:05 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Now with the food, family meals, in which the meat is the most like ... I do many controls and divide the dose even 3-4, for fear of hypoglycemia.
And on top of without receiving the freestyle: ((((

091975's profile photo
12/04/2017 10:33 p.m.

Diabética tipo 1:Tresiba 13u por las mañanas
Novorapid sobre: 2-5-3. Modifico según Hidratos y mediciones
H.G. (1/12/18): 6,3

Divide the dose 3-4 parts?Do you put bolus per plate or how do you do it?I have never done that, but I have read in this forum that there are people who do it ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
12/04/2017 10:38 p.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

@"JPR" I take a test at the beginning food;If I am inside the normal limits I wait for me in the middle of the food to do another control and as I have climbed through the ingested hydrates and for those who are going to take I put a bolus.In my case it is that I am very slow.I do decide to take dessert I do another control and I put another one or if I have passed with the meal
Taking into account the fast peaks I control at 2, 3..horas after eating.I tend to put little insulin so that it does not accumulate and give me hypoglycemia.
Total that is difficult, sometimes it does not go well.
With what I do not fail is fish

091975's profile photo
12/05/2017 7 p.m.

Well, I would see you easier to control you before eating and putting bolus per plate, but without getting more controls.You are in 100, you are going to eat 2 rations, you put x units.Then they bring you another 2 portions on another dish, you put x again, then bring the dessert the dessert, you put again x.I have never done it, but to do it, I think it would do so ... @"091975"

JPR's profile photo
JPR
12/05/2017 7:04 p.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

@"JPR" is another alternative that I will try. I wait a little because it always peak salad and sometimes it takes to bring dishes.Thank you very much for your advice, I will take it into account

091975's profile photo
12/06/2017 10:54 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.