{'en': "Research for the cure of Dr. Faustman's laboratory of the laboratory", 'es': 'Investigación para la cura de la diabetes tipo 1 del Laboratorio de la Dra. Faustman'} Image

Research for the cure of Dr. Faustman's laboratory of the laboratory

Yessica_A's profile photo   08/31/2017 2:49 p.m.

I have found an investigation that was published in 2012 by Dr. Faustman's team at the Massachusetts General Hospital that has hopeful.

Several patients with BCG (vaccine for tuberculosis) were treated and it was seen that there was an increase in the death of autreactive T cells to insulin (causing disease) and protection of regulatory T cells that help control the immune response.A temporary elevation of peptic levels C (insulin secretion marker by the pancreas) was also observed.

In phase I of the study it was shown that BDG vacation is safe in type 1 diabetics and can eliminate-T cells that destroy the pancreas and temporarily restore the pancreas capacity of producing insulin.Phase II will consist of looking for the best BCG dose to achieve the desired effects.

The good thing about the study is that it was done in patients with an average of 15 years with diabetes (between 7 -23 years) and it seems that even in long -term patients could be effective.It also does not require life medication with immunosuppressants such as other things that are being tested.As far as I know is the study that is closest to a real cure.

The problem, as almost as long as a pharmacist is not going to take a slice, is financing.They are financed through donations and for phase II they need 25 million dollars of which they have raised today 20.

Hopefully they soon get what they lack and can continue to investigate.

For those who are interested in the full study (in English).You can also easily find your website looking for "Dra Faustman" on Google.There is the PDF of the study and the summary information of his work although it is also in English.Among the search results there is also a blog in Spanish with a summary and interviews with the doctor.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
08/31/2017 2:49 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

More smoke, because all studies of a possible cure of diabetes without realized by doctors/doctors from Massachusetts or similar ???All are based on the same islet technicalities, cells, peptide C, ... words that alone give hope to nothing, a 2012 study?We are on the way to 2018 in 6 years has not yielded any results?Of course, but as the objective that is the publication and impact is already achieved, the possibility that there is some diabetic incredulous with sufficient economy to contribute capital.Thus everything stays in smoke and more smoke.From how many years we have been seeing this type of publications in both scientific and internet journals?How many have followed and thrown reliable tests?It is well to keep the soldier motivated to continue fighting battle after battle, but in the end the soldier realizes that he battle after battle the fight is unsuccessful and that he only throws lower, nobody wins, everyone loses.With these post it is the same, we comment and encourage with it newly debuted or with children and freshly diagnosed family creating a false hope.I don't think it's a good idea.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/31/2017 7:03 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

The same they get something or the same not but first it looks good.And at least I want to continue hope that one day a cure will be found.
I have really been able to find very few open studies on cure for diabetes and that I suppose it will be because it is not interesting to investigate it.Pharmaceuticals have a lot to lose if a cure comes out and a lot of influence on governments, hospitals ... In this case, financing has been due to donations because no one else has made money.If someone wants to investigate cures for diabetes is what there is because they are not going to get money from another place.And surely if pharmaceuticals see that they are close to finding a cure that ruins the business will take the measures that can prevent or delay everything possible.Since they published the study in 2012 they have been raising to continue with the next phase for what they say on their website.They need 25 million dollars, a difficult thing to raise with donations.I guess that's why it will be stopped.
Scientific studies are slow in general and more if there is no financing or does not interest results, but that is why we have to think that a cure will never come out.I do not hope to have a cure for me, I think it will take many years to leave and I will not be able to enjoy it.What I would like is that if I have children or grandchildren and someone develops diabetes there is a cure available or are close to get it.I do not think it is impossible because worse diseases have managed to cure, but of course if everyone thought how you would never get.Hope is what makes things change and I prefer to have a positive attitude and be open to possible solutions or improvements than to think that everything is lost.Perhaps it is by professional engineer default, but I believe that there is no impossible problem to fix, it is a matter of continuing to seek a solution.

Yessica_A
08/31/2017 7:31 p.m.

@"Yesssica_a" Bufff !!I want and I would like to be positive on the subject of healing that I am sure that one day it will arrive but today I am more with @"luvi" and fuck me and it is sad to say it but the lobbies and the pasta handle, historically they have managedAnd even if it is hard for me to recognize it, I would manage the world, I would like to think that no but as my boss says "that's ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/31/2017 9:11 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I do not say that one day there is no cure, God or whoever, however, but you say it, they need 25 million to follow (nothing concrete is guaranteed) and that capital intends to obtain it from donations, curious.You mention that no one is going to invest, logically without a basis that guarantees in some % the probability of success no one gives 25 million even if it is over.As for my way of thinking, you can save your moral judgments, because it is as respectable as yours, you like it or not, because I have not said that you do not want a cure, improvement or solution as diabetes, but that it is reliable andWith guarantee.Because for that rule of 3 I can also say that there are very positive engineers, that they believe that there is no problem without a solution and then a catastrophe is caused and then we tell the relatives that it was to look for a solution to the problem.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/31/2017 9:11 p.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

Nothing has never been achieved without trying.And if governments do not put pasta and pharmacists will not tell me where you take it out if it is not with donations.
The study does throw results and that's why they want to continue.They tested with some real patients and recovered the production of insulin temporarily after giving them the drug.I think that is quite important.Phase 2 is to try many more patients and for several years to adjust amounts of the medication.If nobody puts money, it is because the drug they use is a generic, very cheap that does not interest because there will be a patent that gives pasta to a pharmacist.
I do not believe that the argument that they ask for money is a reason to consider it fraud.No one forces you to give it and explain to you to allocate it.From there each one will see if it gives or not.
Events are constantly organized to raise money for cancer research, which namely what research they are going to (because it is not that so far it has achieved much) and everyone seems good to everyone.
At no time do they promise you to find a cure for tomorrow or anything similar, they only explain what they have done so far and what they want to do when they get the financing.
Ideally, these investigations were ended by governments but if they do not personally do not seem bad that donations are requested.To whom it seems bad because I ignore it and that's it.I prefer to give it a chance, read the investigation and then decide whether it is worth supporting it or not.

Yessica_A
09/01/2017 8:13 a.m.

I think you are understanding it badly, what I am going is if they really publish it is that truthful or only half.There are studies with the famous pancreatic islets that have also resulted ... but at the cost of taking immunosuppressants and with some added complication.In accordance that the financing should run at the cost of governments (an important part in the distribution of the cake with the pharmacists, we have all seen once waiting for the appointment with the endocrine as the representatives of said pharmacists/laboratories, they camp their cheerleaders in consultation inConsult without having to make any), but that is unfeasible as long as it is not a deadly disease such as cancer, HIV, Ebola, etc. that impacts more on society and "is more justified" to allocate money or campaigns.We have been hearing, listening, listening, reading studies on "a possible cure" today, none, I repeat none has come to fruition and everyone had obtained in their first phases good results.My "reproach" is more than before selling the bear's skin, it must be hunted, it is thorough testing, which is easy to throw the bells on the flight and create expectations because there are millions of affected.It is like launching a medicine without having tried humans (which there will be, but who does not think about it?) Although we are Indian fucking to try new insulins, medications and even vaccines.That it is investigated whether, of course, but that it is thorough when proclaiming the famous "cure" because in the end the hope of decrease and over time you feel used and ninged.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
09/01/2017 10:36 a.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

I agree with you on what you say.If I have put this specific case, it is because, if at some point I got to fruition, I would not need the use of life immunosses.It seems to me that an investigation in that line is much more promising than others in which the solution is to take immunosses, which personally does not seem an acceptable solution.
Whether or not they lie in the results obtained so far I do not know or have a way of knowing it.But if it is true, it seems to me an important advance and I think it is worth continuing with the investigation.Deciding or not supporting initiatives of this type does not mean that you have hope that one day they will be cured.It is something that I have assumed that it will surely not happen, but if I can collaborate in something that I think it can be important to find a cure for future diabetic generations I want to do so.Of course I am not going to give money to anyone who presents and says that he will get a cure, but I usually take time to read what they contribute and see if he could make any sense.In this case it seemed to me that if you have it.You may get this time to scam me but I am willing to run the risk.Whoever does not want to risk, simply ignore these coas and that's it.
I don't think it's bad to give information about studies or advances that are leaving.Although I admit that I should have put it anotherly hopeful, I will take it into account if I publish any other thing of this type.It is true that the newly diagnosed people who still do not know the disease well can create false hopes and when I wrote it I did not stop thinking about that, the truth.
I also apologize for the first comment I put you answering because I was quite abrupt.You caught me on a bad day and I should have expected to answer so as not to pay it with you that you were not to blame.Of course respect your opinion and I think it is good that there are different points of view, it is what makes us evolve and learn.

Yessica_A
09/01/2017 11:03 a.m.

It is not necessary that you apologize also in my answers, so nothing happens:)>- In financing the government should demand/force pharmacists and laboratories with which juicy agreements of use, distribution and distribution are reachedUse of your products to allocate an annual amount in projects destined for this purpose.The cure is a dream persecuted by everyone but it would not be more while it is fulfilled one day, in which they make our lives a little easier to evolve than we have to treat diabetes, more sophisticated and non -invasive continuous meters(Those who have a pet, will have implanted a chip where a number is collected that after inserting in a databThat the fungible material of so many problems (be doubled, cause infection, obstruct, etc.) as well as that the pump itself carries a more technological and lasting diet ???And as for insulins because patents or agreements with pharmaceuticals/laboratories are not reduced in time to force them to constantly reinventing themselves in their products, which would be equivalent to a quantitative improvement to achieve that patent renewal?This is not such crazy things in the times that run and especially technologically where a mobile or clock do imaginable things, when there were no mobile years and the casio watch with calculator and infrared port that turned off and turned on televisions was the most.We are denying improvements that I believe today are very feasible, they serve us in account drops and half of their maximum evolution, above the price of gold.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
09/01/2017 1:59 p.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

Totally agree.With the money that we spend each diabetic in their products (either the one that we pay directly the sick or the one who pays public health) could well demand that they dedicate part of those benefits to improve their products and get new things that make us life moreeasy.

Yessica_A
09/04/2017 4:27 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.