{'en': 'I have gestational diabetes', 'es': 'Tengo diabetes gestacional'} Image

I have gestational diabetes

Danielacapra's profile photo   09/03/2017 5:52 p.m.

Hello,

I have gestational diabetes and I was admitted and the diabetology gave me these objectives:

* Upon less than 90
* Before lunch and dinner up to 100

After lunch and dinner up to 140 and I took my fasting 39 and before meals it gives me 41 is bad?

I worry those values ​​because when I was admitted I did not give me those values.

Thank you so much!

Danielacapra's profile photo
Danielacapra
09/03/2017 5:52 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

39 and 41 are very low values, hypoglycemia are considered.You should consult with the doctor because it is probably because they have put too much insulin for what you eat.That they explain well how to adjust the insulin depending on the hydrates you eat and the glucose values ​​you have when you measure yourself.It is dangerous to have such low glucose.
Have you not told you how to act in a hypoglycemia?You have to take some food with sugar (juices, sugar milk ...) or pure glucose pills or gels (it is the fastest acting) to trace hypoglycemia.
If you put more information about what the doctor told you, I can tell you something else, not specific what medication they have put you.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/04/2017 6:43 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

They did not give me insulin they only told me to follow a diet in my house.Now the value he gave me on an empty stomach was 81, before eating 85 and after eating 97 is it wrong?I'm improving ???

Danielacapra's profile photo
Danielacapra
09/04/2017 7:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

These levels are very good @"Danielacapra", the last ones you say, the previous ones are dangerous.If they repeat yourself, you should go to your doctor and as they tell you above, as long as you have such low levels you have to drink something that replenishes that glucose, a juice or some sugary drink, at 15 minutes repeat the blood glucose, ifIt is climbing, perfect and if not then taking some carbohydrate too, with a cookie or a little fruit usually.

Greetings and that pregnancy goes very well!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/04/2017 7:21 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.