{'en': '"Diabetes, as is not painful, is not given the importance you should have"', 'es': '«A la diabetes, como no es dolorosa, no se le da la importancia que debería de tener»'} Image

"Diabetes, as is not painful, is not given the importance you should have"

fer's profile photo   09/05/2017 5:27 p.m.

The Auria Diabetic Association organized a family coexistence in which more than 50 parents with diabetes participated.The activities were carried out at the Cougo facilities, a center with more than 40,000 meters in Vilamarín.In addition to living together the collective takes advantage to claim."We want to publicize this disease because since it is not painful, it is not given the importance it should," says María Paz Gómez, president of the organization.

The Auria Diabetic Association was established in 2002 in order to provide advice and help all diabetic people in the province of Ourense, their relatives and institutions that could be related to the ailment.He currently has more than 180 associates between adults and children."We intend to claim our care and at the same time have fun together because so the penalties are always less," concludes the president of the María Paz collective.

Intense program

The tasks were both sports and educational.There were hobbies dedicated to children.On Saturday morning the little ones had the opportunity to participate in different traditional games.At noon there was a meal for all members, in what was a good opportunity for parents to share all their experiences about this disease.In the afternoon different workshops were held: juggling, archery and climbing.

On the other hand, for adults, on Saturday for the Maña they participated in a talk about the problem of children with diabetes at school.In this way the most first -time received contributions on how to better carry the school.In the afternoon there was another meeting, this time with a nutritionist who talked about food to control sugar and how to make recipes that like young and old.At night, after dinner, the educator of the association in Diabetology, along with a civil protection member gave a last talk, focused on the problems of this sickness in adolescence.

On Sunday he dedicated himself entirely to the children.The day began the day dealing with nature.They also made a tree planting before noon food.In the afternoon they held games and threw themselves in Tirolina.Throughout next October, the association will hold another meeting dedicated more to adults.

fer's profile photo
fer
09/05/2017 5:27 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Well, the protest "that is not painful" Joer starts well if you have to click on an average of a minimum of 4 times, plus the glymatical controls ... what I am clear is that they do not cause me orgasms.They have only been to be said with this paragraph "we intend to claim our care and at the same time have fun together because so the penalties are always less" than evil of many comfort of fools.It is good that they do this type of stays/meetings to spend a pleasant, entertaining and fun weekend, but it has nothing to do with claiming, case as an association it would be more practical and efficient to do it by writing, presentation of signatures, complaints, in theDifferent administrations, at least record and registration.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
09/05/2017 8:56 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

For me it is painful and much, physically and psychologically painful.Another thing is that day by day we try to carry in the best possible way to be able to live and not be visible to others.
To people when you tell you that you are diabetics, the first thing they say is - "Well now you can eat everything" as if all the problems were those !!!!

FátimaGV's profile photo
FátimaGV
09/07/2017 8:59 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Of course it is painful, I will never forget the first glucose measurements in my son, he ran x the house and with his little hands asked us x please that we did not prick the little foss, that today he no longer complains does not mean that it is notPainful, and for me it was also very painful to hear his diagnosis and remains painful for me, pain is not only the body, which also counts and much, but emotional pain seems that it is not taken into account.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
09/08/2017 4:09 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.