Insulin refrigerators

Bosquet's profile photo   07/25/2017 9:20 p.m.

Hi there,

On August 3 I travel to Thailand for a month and I am preparing all the issues related to diabetes.Has Tajien traveled to Thailand?I am a little worried about Thai airports ...

Well, one issue is buying my first fridge for insulin (I am diabetic only for a year and a half approx.) And I think the best purchase would be the cold, since I do not have to depend on freezers ... I have seen that there are severalBag measurements and I would like to know how many bolis fit so as not to take last minute surprises.

I want to take three bolis of Lantus and three of Novorapid, and I am between the measures of 14x15 and 21x15, could anyone recommend any of these?

Thank you,
Greetings.

Bosquet's profile photo
Bosquet
07/25/2017 9:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Bosquet, on the topic of the airport, in principle, I do not think you have any problem, yes, you should carry out your head doctor in which you put that you are diabetic and what things you should take with you (insulin,Meters, needles, lancetas, reactive strips ...) I leave you a link with a report model, in my case, I traveled to the USA recently that the controls to enter are quite severe and I had no problem but it never hurtsAs far as can happen.

Link

Regarding the refrigerators, I cannot advise you, I have a very normal one that goes with two ice plates that I need to put in the freezer as soon as I get home.

Greetings and good trip!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/26/2017 9:38 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I'm going to catch a cold.Flight shortly.I will catch the greatest so I have wl glucagon and feathers.

Link

losttotheriver's profile photo
losttotheriver
07/26/2017 6:04 p.m.

If you are not going alone to wear any companion portfolio.Never do you invoice it and always with you all the material.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
07/26/2017 6:29 p.m.

@"Forest" I was in Thailand a few years ago.No problem in airports.I also use cold portfolios, and I also recommend that if you don't go alone, another person duplicates the medication that you think you will need in the time you are there.And as @"Anaisabel" has told you, do not invoice, always carry all the material with you.Regarding the bolis that enter each portfolio, what it says on the web corresponds to reality, that is, in the 14x18 5 bolis enter and the 21x15 about 6 -7 bolis.

All the best

piruha's profile photo
piruha
07/31/2017 9:30 a.m.

DM1 desde 1987 (con 3 años)
Lantus y Humalog
Dexcom g5

Good morning to all!

Thanks for the recommendations.Finally, I bought two 14*19 cold portfolios on Amazon.So I can distribute insulin and others in two backpacks.There are enough bolis, I have thought about taking me 3 novorrapid and 3 lantus that is more than I usually use in a month

Regarding the medical report, my endocrine made me one but only in Spanish and without specifying my DNI or cabin .... I will have to go to the GP to make me another ... I prefer to prevent :)

Thank you very much, I am calmer!I will tell you the return!

Bosquet's profile photo
Bosquet
07/31/2017 9:44 a.m.

@"Forest" that you have a great time and enjoy a lot, be careful with meals and drink always bottled water.

piruha's profile photo
piruha
07/31/2017 9:46 a.m.

DM1 desde 1987 (con 3 años)
Lantus y Humalog
Dexcom g5

I would advise you to add some more boli, just in case anyone failed, that sometimes passes.Take out of everything, the glucometer in duplicate and others, to enjoy.
I made a report in English and Spanish, take it to the doctor and I welcome me and signed ... in that they don't put any problem.
Enjoy a lot and tell us how about there, I've been wanting to go a while.:)

Vetaes's profile photo
Vetaes
08/08/2017 4:19 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.