{'en': 'Daniel Albero, the first diabetic in the Dakar Rally', 'es': 'Daniel Albero, el primer diabético en el Rally Dakar'} Image

Daniel Albero, the first diabetic in the Dakar Rally

fer's profile photo   07/26/2017 9:19 a.m.

Daniel Albero is one of the more than 70 motorists who took the departure in the Baja Aragon, the hardest rally in Spain.However, this Carcaixent pilot carries with him a 'worldwide that makes him unique among those more than 70, diabetes.

A disease that suffers from the age of 10, but has not prevented him from fighting to fulfill his dreams.And these always go on a motorcycle.Now, Aragón is run, but its true goal, for which it has been fighting for years, it is much more ambitious: the Dakar rally.At the moment, it seeks support to finance a project that is also supportive.

In the first timed section of the 2017 Low Aragon, a prologue of 9.3 kilometers in the province of Teruel, Albero ended in position 57, to 1:52 of the first classified, nothing more and nothing less than the also Valencian Joan Barreda, one of the best rally motorists in the world.

But, as Daniel Albero himself recognizes every time he gets on a motorcycle to compete, "the main objective is to finish the races demonstrating that, although" Diabetes "is always there, we can do what we set out."

He, for now, seeks to end this Low Aragon after not being able to do it in his last competition, the Hellas Rally Raid 2017, held in Greece last May.In Hellenas lands, after completing the first three stages without major problems, he suffered a spectacular fall that forced him to abandon because of a clavicle break.Lances of the races, which do not prevent him from continuing to fight for his dream.

Because, "after life whipped me with the loss of my business and my little son, I decided that it was time to undertake the project a diabetic in the Dakar, taking me in my family, friends and teams," says Albero."Our goal is to ensure that, for the first time in history, a type 1 diabetic motorcycle pilot can participate in the hardest rally in the world: the Dakar," says Carcaixent's pilot.

«There are more than 400 million diabetics in the world, almost eight percent of the world's population suffers from this disease, but never before a DT1 has participated in the most demanding test in the motor world.

With my case, I intend to break a great barrier and normalize a disease that, despite medical advances, needs a project like this.That is why our project is of a social nature and aimsTo finance an expensive but exciting project, which hopes can take the departure in Peru next January 2018 of the most important rallies test in the world.

fer's profile photo
fer
07/26/2017 9:19 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.