{'en': 'Levels impossible to correct!', 'es': 'Niveles imposibles de corregir!'} Image

Levels impossible to correct!

Antoniomesa153's profile photo   07/17/2018 8:32 a.m.

Hello, everyone.

My 15 -year -old son is finally holiday and with more time to practice he got up with hypos so and reducing the basal of Toujeo, 15 to 13.

He took a cooling and took him to the hospital, he was sent Clavulanic acid and amoxicillin 875 for 6 days.

I have had the dose of insulin to have to triple why I cannot regulate the levels.The insulin ratio has multiplied.

It has been with 4 days of treatment today.It can be for the infection, or for not doing so much exercise.

Although the antibiotic told me the doctor who did not alter levels ... I don't know what to think!

Thanks and greetings!

Antoniomesa153's profile photo
Antoniomesa153
07/17/2018 8:32 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Fully normal what you have your child has gathered the lack of exercise, the feverish process and that insulin had previously lowered.Taking it easy that little by little will be recovering, I usually help myself in these cases restricting hydrates in some food, although not everyone is in favor of this last

runing50's profile photo
runing50
07/17/2018 9:31 a.m.

Infections alter glucose and need slower.I don't know your child's weight, but was very little toujeo, the honeymoon phase will have finished?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/17/2018 10:53 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
infections alter glucose and need slower.I don't know your child's weight, but was very little toujeo, the honeymoon phase will have finished?

Hi Regina, in two weeks it has passed from 15 that the one that was 14 and as with another week it continued to rise later on the theme of the holidayInfectious process, with the same rations before you need three times of insulin.He measuring 1.73 weighs 57 kgs, and is 15 years old and a 6.3 hem.Thanks again.

Antoniomesa153's profile photo
Antoniomesa153
07/17/2018 11:23 a.m.

Well, with how big it is to need a dose according to its weight, as long as insulin reserves are finished.An infection can end the honeymoon.So you will have to increase insulin, you can fold it or more.Go up that you need, until you control it again.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/17/2018 2:56 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.