Small child mom with diabetes 1

Andre0440's profile photo   08/07/2017 7:24 a.m.

Hello everyone!I am new here, my son was diagnosed in Nov/2016 a year and a half ... I would like to find parents of young children type 1, the hem is at 8.4, 3 months ago at 8.2 :(. Although it is moreStable we can't have all control.

Andre0440's profile photo
Andre0440
08/07/2017 7:24 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

My son TB was diagnosed at 18 months, a drama at home, so I'm going to tell you.

We tb had that hemo at the beginning, little by little it would be regulated if you continue with controls and modifying insulin guidelines, we have lowered it to 7.4 and from there there is no way, they tell us that it is normal that below that it is difficult ifNot impossible.

So patience, continue weighing food, control the low and little more can be done.

because anything that is eaten makes them peak, shortly that they move low, but growth hormones ... in short patience.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
08/07/2017 10:47 a.m.

Good to know what you can, hey 7.4 is royal!How much was it diagnosed?Eat everything or bass in carbohydrates?There are meals that feel fatal ... in theory they can eat everything (and it should be so) but in practice you realize that no :(

Andre0440
08/07/2017 1:21 p.m.

Now he has three years and goes for 4 in a few months, he was diagnosed at 18 months, and the first hemoglobins were 8, and little by little we have been adjusting the insulin.

My son eats more hydrates than me !!It is eaten 150gr of pasta, potato, plus 20gr of bread, more a half ration of dessert to eat, similar to dinner, snack a couple of portions, and then the breakfast TB is milk with cookies, is that we cannot neither remove proteins or proteinsHydrates, they have to grow !!Given all that, they have to develop like all crios.

We carry a bomb, that TB influences because the dose is calculated more accurate.But I am going up and down the rack and basal ... it is complicated and yet you see 7.4, for me much, because it is super controlled.

aranzazuleg
08/08/2017 9:56 a.m.

Good, I still have a hard time modifying the basal, because I am afraidOf everything to grow ... How often do you change the basal?And the Bolus?

Andre0440
08/10/2017 2:15 p.m.

In relation to the basal and Bolus these are supervised at the discretion of endrinologist to my son since there is consideration of a certain organism physiology.I think especially when they are boys.It happened to me that at night I was making corrections by high glucose type 12 at night, with the end that dawn under, it turns out that I was physiologically affecting its hormonal system since the organism was reacting to the corrections that I managedTo do it and today better control.
I have read some comments from older people who handle this very well.I hope my son can get to know both in the future that manages to handle situations according to their activities, disease or mood.

a hug

9406 's profile photo
08/10/2017 5:54 p.m.

Because of his position he will do it 9406, diabetes always accompanies us, and you become friends with her nose, you end up controlling her pq if she doesn't end up controlling you.
It is a learning process, no one is born, over the years he will learn and control, just as he will learn to swim, to go by bike, to make friends, everything is learned.

aranzazuleg
08/11/2017 10:10 a.m.

@"9406" Everything is learned to handle, don't worry.Your child will learn how we have all learned and may have good control and avoid complications.What I advise is that you imply as soon as possible in the control and you explain the reason for the things you do so it will be much easier.I am a diabetic since 17 but my sister is from 3, so I grew up seeing it a lifetime (I'm only 13 months older).I knew what I had to do before a downturn, I learned to count on her, etc.This helped me a lot when I touch me, almost everything the doctor told me I already knew and adapt to the disease very fast.
They did not have to enter because I realized that it was diabetic because I knew the symptoms.One day that I drank like 5 liters of water and still was still thirsty and I realized quickly.That's how they caught it very soon and I was not admitted, I only had 150 on the analysis.
So if you explain how to tell rations, how to adjust the doses, to do before a downturn, etc. As you have an age to understand it, you can soon do it all the alone and that will give you more freedom and security.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
08/16/2017 7:19 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Quiet, good control until 27, by then in 2042 immunotherapy in combination with autogenous beta cell regeneration will be common.Your child is a generation that will know the affordable "cure".They are only 25 years that fly.It will catch me old, sniff, why little.

Paulescu's profile photo
Paulescu
08/16/2017 9:48 p.m.

LADA desde 2-2010/ 44 años
Lantus 16 u en tránsito a Toujeo / Novorapid 4/6/5

Thank you very much for your comments Anarazuleng and Yesssica_a :)

9406 's profile photo
08/16/2017 10:08 p.m.

Hello!I am new here!Mom of Tomás of 5 years, a few months ago who is with Lantus and Lispro, luckily he was not hospitalized.When they gave us the diagnosis it seemed that the world was going down!Today x luck we have learned a lot, and we try on the day to day that Tomi does not lose that beautiful smile he has.In my sorry that I still distress, not in the same way but I don't know if at any time it disappears, I don't think ... how they crossed the diagnosis and today.Thank you that there are spaces like these that help us feel accompanied!From Argentina thank you!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
08/16/2017 10:28 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Hi Dani78: Very good for trying to educate you based on experience and further feel that you are not alone, I am a 11 -year -old angel breast and was diagnosed 1 6 months ago and as well as you lived a duel or something similar, many fears thatWith information and education they have disappeared, although I am still afraid sometimes ... this is a day by day, when your way of thinking happens to us with respect to life.
My son has taught me more than me about how to take the disease.She is a champion grateful to life for having it.

9406 's profile photo
08/17/2017 11:21 p.m.

That's right, our children keep smiling despite the punctures, we should not fall.It generates a lot of fear when Tomi sleeps, or think when I leave the garden and spend more hours at school .... We will surely adapt and will see day by day !!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
08/22/2017 4:46 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Hello, I am a 5 -year -old mama of Ezekiel who debuted in January, this is very new to everyone in the family.I confused that the measurements are not regular, and it has already had a slight episode of nocturnal hypoglycemia that really terrifies myself a lot, I say slight because he woke up screaming that his legs hurt and turned out that he was half a paralyzed body, this episode lasted 4 lasted 4HS more or less, but he was the trigger so that I no longer sleep at night never again.When I saw this forum I allowed myself to enter because I need to know about this and understand what happens and how other potatoes live.Eze this medical two insulins one three and the other

Luria's profile photo
Luria
08/26/2017 12:54 a.m.

Hi Luria I think no Pope with a small child sleeps from run and in you is more than understandable.You consult with the doctor of Eze? I say x the numbness of the legs.I have recently entered this new world, although the moment of the diagnosis I felt I am dying today, with many fears, that day by day they change.Where do you apply insulins?Tolerates it well or moves a lot!Papis we have to stand to hold them and teach them !!Above.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
08/26/2017 1:06 a.m.

Argentina

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.