{'en': 'Preparation for Medical Tests', 'es': 'Preparación para  pruebas medicas'} Image

Preparation for Medical Tests

Cristinarivera's profile photo   09/09/2017 7:41 a.m.

Hello everyone!!!

Within a week they are going to make me a gastroscopy and a colonoscopy with anesthesia and I wantedEspecially the eve since if I can only take liquids and you have to take those envelopes so that the intestine is emptied, it gives me a possible hypoglycemia especially because I do not control them too well.

It will seem nonsense but the truth is that I am worried.

I know that the tests themselves are nonsense but as it is the first time they do them as a diabetics because as I am a little scared and the endocrine as it happened a little about the subject (the truth is that it usually happens a lot of everything,It has a porrón of patients and sees you five minutes every five months.

Well I wait for your advice.

Thank you and a greeting!

Cristinarivera's profile photo
Cristinarivera
09/09/2017 7:41 a.m.

Pancreatectomía total el 15 de junio 2016.
Novorápid 4/5-2,5/3-0/2 de momento...
Toujeo 23 a las 18,00 (variando continuamente)
calculando raciones a ver si me toca una bomba...

Lower the slow, the day before to go calmer. If you see that you tend to lower the test day, the glucose pills you can take without problem, I think.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/09/2017 5:12 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

They told you if they passed any serum with glucose?Does the study do it first thing in the morning?Try to be as early as possible so you can have breakfast with not much distance from the usual, do you know how much the study will last?

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
09/09/2017 5:19 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Hi @regina and @Dani76 Thank you very much for attending to me, I explain the roll, the tests are with total anesthesia on Monday 18 at 8 in the morning.The other day they called me from the hospital (the FJD of Madrid) to ask me from the anesthetist if I was allergic to something, if I had kidney problems, if I took Sintron, etc. I told them that the only thing was that I had no pancreas and that thereforeIt was diabetic and very unstable;Total that the anesthetist cited me to see me a few days before the tests.Nor know what lasts other times that they have done to me was not much time but now being the two together I have no idea.
Dra.He told me to go down the slowly in half (I put it at six in the afternoon) and that I did not make me quickly at night. He didn't tell me about the glucose pills, I don't know them, I'm sorry, it's anotherOf the multiple lagoons that I have with diabetes, (I already commented in another thread, that they left me from the hospital after the operation without having any idea of ​​anything they gave me a glucometer, the plant nurse told me to put the insulin aday before and put me with legs on the street with a hypo of 41). So the question is double: where you can buy (I suppose in pharmacies) and how and when they are taken. I will tell the anesthetist because the endocrine does notHe sees me until the end of the month to see if he has some idea.
TB I Watch out that I can take the visit in the evening, only liquids but I do not know if sugary or not either collided juices or aquarius or something because I suppose some hydrates I will have to take ... I am not made a mess with suchCoconut comedy, forgive the rollazo huh?
All the best

Cristinarivera
09/10/2017 1:12 a.m.

Cristina when you see anesthetist ask about dinner last night ... Duration of the study etc .... so you are preparing ... and especially repeat that you are diabetic ... explain to it ... not of x sitting that xBeing a doctor knows.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
09/10/2017 5:18 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

You are right @"dani76 there are those who go on the list of LlosDiabetics to which they do that test and something will tell me .... I will tell you.

Cristinarivera
09/10/2017 6:38 a.m.

Yes you can take sugary liquids the day before, but it seems to me that juices not, that they have fiber.
If you get half the slow one, you will not wake up low, but pure sugar you can take, without problem, in lumps or in pills, tell the anesthetist, but that is digested instantaneously
Glucose pills sell them in pharmacies.
And I suppose that if you were low during the test, they will put glucose serum.
I made a colonoscopy with general anesthesia last year (they slept with an injection) and in half an hour I was already.It's no big deal.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/10/2017 6:42 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Ay @Regina, you are a sun, I will spend the afternoon at night at the blow of watercolor, I believed that the juices could take whenever I cast them, but well just in case I will not take them.Thank you very much and I will tell you
Greetings

Cristinarivera
09/11/2017 7:20 a.m.

@"Cristarivera" I did a test with general anesthesia and reduced the slow one and just half a liter of water with sugar (from home to the hospital there is an hour).
The anesthetist put me a serum with glucose more my additive to not vomit ....
I guess the important thing is that you have the clean intestine and the liquids go through the kidneys to the bladder so they will not put you fight because you drink glucose.
Encouragement and luck

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/11/2017 8:18 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

If @ruthbia the case is that from 6 hours before I can not drink liquids, that for gastroscopy and instead for the copying settlers I have to take a potingue with water three hours before the test ... to see how that eats that... I suppose the anesthetist will clarify and tb as @regina can take glucose pills .... Ainss that dizzy those tests have already done them but of course it was not diabetic and of course the preparation brought me to the pairo towards whatThat they told me and from it I smoked a cigar, I did not care and I was asking for churros for breakfast ... but now I go c ... fear.XD the fear of the unknown.Then it will be nonsense and I so happy but pugneta, with the new experiences.Thank you for all @rutbhia greetings, flat

Cristinarivera
09/11/2017 9:26 a.m.

Fiber juices, you can., That I did not remember ... I suggest that the packaging do not have it.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/11/2017 5:15 p.m.

Thanks @regina, well, more menus p'al boat ... no, if we get a first aid manual ...
:: x: x: x

Cristinarivera
09/11/2017 7:51 p.m.

Go quietly, you're sure :)>-

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/11/2017 9:47 p.m.

Thank you, here Marinervios and that is missing a week ... on Sunday I see myself swinging in the lamps ,,,
: x: x: x

Cristinarivera
09/11/2017 11:43 p.m.

:)) :))

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/12/2017 1:16 a.m.

Vah! ... calm looks at the positive side ... some kilite less falls out :)
As you said ... you will not be the first diabetic person that this type of test is done.Surely the anesthetist gives you the key.
Take care, it's going well.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/12/2017 8:08 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Ay @ruthbia, as I lose kilos I fix it, that my non -existent pancreas forces me to take pancreatic enzyme pills to assimilate nutrients that if I do not stay in the chassis and do not see what it costs me to recover ... all life sighing for losing for losingAnd now fighting to fill "Bujos", but well a couple of them ...
= D> = d>: x: x

Cristinarivera
09/12/2017 3:31 p.m.

Hello.A person who has type II diabetes, can renew your card from driving ???Thank you

Laura78's profile photo
Laura78
09/13/2017 1:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello @"laura78", I recommend that you continue with the question in any of these issues, it will be easier to read the answers.;)

Link
Link
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
09/13/2017 3:19 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hi @"Cristinarivera", I don't know if I'm late because I'm on vacation and I have read you now on my wife's tablet.They did that test about 4 years ago and the days before I went up the walls like you for fear of a hiccup, but quiet that is a very simple test.My endocrine told me to put the day before Lantus only 16u instead of the 30 that I had to put me, quickly, and if you have any descent, it will be very light, you can take a sugar.If you were still on time, tell them that you are a dangnetic and the first test was done, they did it to me about 9 in the morning, at 9:30 I was already out, I lay on a stretcher half an hour more for you toThe effect of anesthesia will happen and at 10 I put on the usual insulin and breakfast in the same hospital.Get a control shortly before the test, so you can correct with a sugar if you are low, but if you are a little, you will not think to wear quickly, the gold rule is to prevent hypos in complicated situations, if you are something high, it does not happenNothing, you will correct you later.Although the anesthesia they put on you is very light it is convenient for a person to accompany you because when you leave the test you are tumbos.And do not forget that the previous day you can always correct either with a sugar or if you were too high with a fast unit, but caution in this case.I hope you have helped you

runing50's profile photo
runing50
09/13/2017 5:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.