{'en': 'A clinical group is born so that advances in diabetes reach patients', 'es': 'Nace un grupo clínico para que los avances en diabetes lleguen a los pacientes'} Image

A clinical group is born so that advances in diabetes reach patients

fer's profile photo   07/18/2018 5:55 p.m.

An educational scholarship of Mundipharma has enabled the creation of the clinical and translational group in diabetes (CTD), an initiative that aims to reduce the gap between the advances in research in this area and the effective application of these in the patient.

The unit is coordinated by the Head of the Department of Endocrinology and Clinical Nutrition in Quirónsalud (Madrid), Dr. Esteban Jódar, the head of the University of Research in Diabetes and Metabolism of the Institution of Recerca University Hospital Vall d'Hebron (Barcelona),Dr. Rafael Simó and the member of the Endocrinology and Nutrition Service of the Univesitary Clinical Hospital of Vaencia, Dr. Francisco Javier Ampudia-Blasco.

"It is an initiative arising from a group of professionals with both clinical and researcher activity in this area, concerned with the translation of knowledge from basic science to the daily clinic that, in the case of diabetes, is experiencing a true revolution,"Dr. Jódar has indicated.

First, they contemplate continuous and multidisciplinary training in diabetes mellitus, a disease with great prevalence and consumes a large amount of health resources.

"Generate quality knowledge, involving experts from various specialties such as endocrinology or primary care, will allow a more efficient treatment of people with diabetes," said Dr. Ampudia-Blasco.

In addition, the group has the claim to generate training elements based on group work.He also wants to be completed as a scientific debate forum.

Among the first actions to be carried out, the group has set the celebration in Madrid of a meeting in September that intends to realize the first issues of review and debate and will focus on areas such as nephrological and cardiovascular diseases in people with diabetes.

fer's profile photo
fer
07/18/2018 5:55 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Advance in diabetes?=)) =)) =))

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/18/2018 6:07 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Sherpa, there are.20 years ago, I could not sleep one night without hypos. And I've been sleeping very quiet for more than 10 years.
In my case, each insulin change has been a great advance.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/18/2018 11:59 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

What Sherpa means and I share is that they give us things with drops.It will make more 33 years that I have diabetes did not exist or really internet, there have been real advances.
The rapid insulin of before was the regular 33 years ago now it can be Humalog, look at the real times of starting action the two insuffinas.
We expect the FIASP already, but according to partners who have achieved it is faster if it seems that many more units do.
I have been 8 years old and Dexcom is advancing but after having this technology for 8 years or more with alarms, they sell us the free as if it were an advance with continuous phrases that are a continuous hoax.They take out others such as the Eversese who instead of being smaller is a huge brick that must be carried, it is more expensive, and when he gives him sunlight, he usually stops reading, not counting the marquitas that he leaves.
The PEN, how old are you already?Why don't they reduce their size by half?
Advances or delays sometimes, you just have to analyze everything.
It is true that he will do 33 years I could not imagine that there was a MCG with alarms that work and that it is good, but many years have had to happen.
Now they bring us the tandem, an advance yes, the first update bomb, with a predictive stop and with many more news.
Hopefully this continues like this without stopping.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/19/2018 12:11 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I understand that as advances it is understood that with the passage of time and advances in technology and research serious that have launched new oral insulin that taking a pill, it is a chronic disease, forever but you make a normal life, just like AIDSWith medication you live perfectly, Nadia is no longer died, that would be the slightest thing that could be given.
or venturing more that a transplant is launched that you live perfectly 10 or more years making a normal life, like any person without insulin, patches, mgc needles etc etc,
That if they would be uncomposite advances, the rest are mere patches, almost without significance, that is like me would see Aveances

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/22/2018 11:23 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I follow or invent a real insulin pump, (which you carry and take care of everything) just as a brand is invented to regulate the functioning of the heart that is put inside the body you do not have to do anything just change the stackWithin 10 years or intraocular lenses that work, or sensor for parkinson inside I celebrate, etc etc. That would also be an advance, the least better option of the pump but hey, the incredible is the greatest advance a bomb that you have to do almostsame as clicking, where the progress is, it is simply saving you a little work click and little more.The reason because it has not advanced more in diabetes because it is not known ....... the reason as there may be as many research in the world and even with nothing, because it is not known

DiabetesForo
07/22/2018 11:38 a.m.

Now let me give an example about research and advances in fiction plan: suppose that each sensor, strip, insulin, pump, etc etc or any complication suffered by a patient of therabic had to compensate the state, and the costs of everything indicatedthat assume the pharmaceutical industry instead of lining these (I already said it was fiction) do not think they would move like crazy to get important improvements .... BUINO

DiabetesForo
07/22/2018 11:46 a.m.

To investigate anything:

Link

Better continue with the business and open other parallel businesses with bombs and CGM that work regularly but at the price of gold.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/22/2018 12:15 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Public research remains. It is the only one we can trust. But it is very badly treated.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/23/2018 3:55 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Unfortunately, the only real advance in 30 years has been the MGC and we have to pay it =))

DiabetesForo
07/23/2018 7:34 p.m.

Apart from the economic interests that are clear, I believe that they are not able to investigate the pancreas as such.It is a multifunctional organ that interacts with many other main organs.
Think that if you diagnose pancreas cancer you have 6-7 months of life.
The same as the brain.
Science advances but the human body is complicated and an amazing machine.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/24/2018 8:05 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

After reading the previous comments, one no longer knows whether to think that everything is orchestrated so that the business around diabetes continues its course and increasing, or ... that the possibility of serious advances that improve once and for allniestra quality of life is slowed down by the complexity of the human body.

Greetings.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
07/24/2018 12:33 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

I compare it to diabetes with hypothyroidism, cells that secrete hormones are destroyed and replace them is not easy. There are synthetic hormones treatments, but not priced.
And it is much harder to simulate the functioning of the pancreas than the thyroid.
So, if there are no transplants or safe treatments with stem cells, (which can have worse side effects) we will have to settle for technological advances and new insulins.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/24/2018 1:07 p.m.

They have been healsing all kinds of animals with diabetes for years, even at the University of Barcelona diabetic dogs are cured with a single injection.And although nobody says it is easy and you would have to take risks (it is not the same to play with mouses and puppies than to do clinical experiments with humans) but it is obviously that if there was a clear will to find a cure for diabetic people, many years ago that many years ago thanI would be.

And I do not satisfy myself with the shit of devices that want to put us in the body.I understand that according to what works or lives it is necessary to be more controlled.But deep down to have to carry things always stuck, with respect to click a second and now.For me it is a huge step back.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/24/2018 1:58 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.