{'en': 'Insulin does not lower the sugar, very worried!', 'es': 'La insulina no me baja el azúcar, MUY PREOCUPADO!'} Image

Insulin does not lower the sugar, very worried!

Toni's profile photo   08/11/2017 1:30 a.m.

Hi there,

I have been diabetic for a year, the case is that I inject the fast insulin (novorapid) before each meal and the slow (lantus) at night.

Until a week ago I was always perfect about 100, but for a week I was higher than normal 260 +/- Well, I click the quick and still did not go down, finally thinking that it could be an insulin problem I bought a new box, but the same goes almost anything.

For example, before in the morning I put 6 units and I was around 100, the last week I have got 20u and be at 140, for meals and dinners it used to put me according to what it began between 8-12u, now I have reached myselfPut +30U and not low of 200 barely.

Thanks in advance!

Toni's profile photo
Toni
08/11/2017 1:30 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello very good, you should go to your endocrine to adjust the guideline, you may have to adjust the basal and review your sensitivity and ratios, because so far I have been able to be under a "honeymoon" or end of this and you stoppedInsulin was minor and now that has been able to change.All the best

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/11/2017 2:35 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Will you need to upload the slow one? You wake up well?
There are more than a type of rapid that you can try ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/11/2017 3:51 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

This disease has a high degree of variability and forces to be making fast insulin ratios settings every x time.You must learn to do it with some naturalness and cotodianeity, in diabetes it is like that.For example I was using a ratio of 1 insulin unit for 10 gr.HC at breakfast and began to leave me fair or in hypoglycemia overnight.Seeing that this happened several days in a row, without being a thing, I lowered the fast and now I need a ratio of 13 gr., Which is what is leaving me well.So I will be until the next change, that there will be before or later sure (I will probably return to 10 gr.) ...

Anyway, if there has been so much change in your case, I believe, as @"luvi", that you may have finished the honeymoon and need more insulin, so that your endocrine must review the pattern ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
08/11/2017 9:21 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Ostia!It can be the honeymoon, I thought the honeymoon could have passed

Toni's profile photo
Toni
08/11/2017 1:18 p.m.

Changing doses is usual and everyday in us.It happens to me as my hormones are.Last week my ratio was 1 dose for 20g of hydrate and this week I am double or today to the triple
But such an abrupt change seems to be what Luvi said .... without the honeymoon.Go to the endocrine and check you.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/11/2017 8:30 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Could it be that you are taking metformin and does not take effect as insulin resistance?
I'm seeing that for me, I sometimes distrust Metf 850
And I read about AR glp-1 I never went to a endo
Ought.
Greetings

mario69's profile photo
mario69
08/13/2017 3:27 p.m.

Diabetes 2, pero insulinorequiriente, con resistencia a la insulina y pancreas agotado.
HbA1c: dic '16: 12,8; mar '17: 10,9
Fallece mi madre oct '17
Ida a Paraguay feb '18
HbA1c: oct '18: 8,7; ene '19: 6,5; abr '19: 6,2 abr '19: 6,5; jun '19: 7,5; set '19: ???
Detemir 26 7:30 y 20 19:30
Aspartica 4 antes desay y mer y 5 antes alm y cena.
200 a 250gr de HC diarios, 80gr Prot y 80gr Grasa. Segun actividad.
71 años 88kg 1,72.

toni said:
hello good,

I have been diabetic for a year, the case is that I inject the fast insulin (novorapid) before each meal and the slow (lantus) at night.

Until a week ago I was always perfect about 100, but for a week I was higher than normal 260 +/- Well, I click the quick and still did not go down, finally thinking that it could be an insulin problem I bought a new box, but the same goes almost anything.

For example, before in the morning I put 6 units and I was around 100, the last week I have got 20u and be at 140, for meals and dinners it used to put me according to what it began between 8-12u, now I have reached myselfPut +30U and not low of 200 barely.

Thanks in advance!

That also happens when the insulin was apreder, which lost its owners, if you buy a new insulin you can compare, but it is almost certainly the insulin that is degraded ...

Wassss's profile photo
Wassss
03/08/2020 9:12 p.m.

Hello, I tell you my experience.I have been diabetic for about 7 years and at the beginning I took 500 LP metformin, (Lp = prolonged release), two years ago I had a very strong crisis, my glucose levels were over 600 and classic symptoms were manifested;Plidipsia, polyuria, blurred vision, loss of weight.I went to the endocrinologist and left with Lantus 25 UI a day and Apidra Sos, according to scheme.The issue is that my glycemia after breakfast and dinner shot over 250 and had to inject myself repeatedly Apidra, 10 IU, 8 IU, completing up to 30 UI distributed in a period of three hours.Restless on the matter and how I have a glucometer I realized that the food that glycemia was upInsulina Lantus or Apidra, a lot of salad, bird meat, pork, beef, rice, potatoes.No bread, not pasta, not sweet, or cookies or anything with flour, either oats.I would like to know if any of you has had some similar experience.A hug to all

KARLOSVPC's profile photo
KARLOSVPC
09/26/2021 4:23 a.m.

toni said:
hello good,

Thanks in advance!

Good, I think a group of wasap, maybe it is good for you to enter and see opinions Link Mi helped me a lot

diabetika1's profile photo
diabetika1
09/26/2021 1 p.m.

Hi @karlosvpc
Well yes, it is common to pass;Everything that carries refined flour rises a lot, fats too, potatoes, peas, fruits, rice ... are a pump for a diabetic.
The recommended are slow or complex absorption hydrates: vegetables, legumes, meats and grilled fish and little fruit (better red fruits).With this type of diet, insulin is reduced in type 2 diabetics and pills.Of course, you have to exercise, walk 1 hour if you don't like sport.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/27/2021 2:06 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.