Pope of recent children diagnosed

Dalu's profile photo   09/15/2017 12:35 p.m.

Hello, first of all introduce myself.I am a child of a child who was diagnosed 2 months ago with type 1 diabetes with only 21 months.I have been following you and I have encouraged myself to participate in the forum because I think I can learn a lot with you and in time, when he acquires more knowledge he can also help those who need it.Greetings and already count with a new friend with whom to exchange opinions

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
09/15/2017 12:35 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

Welcome @"dalu" and I feel a lot about your child, the truth is that it is totally an injustice that such a small child, is condemned to this torture to get the great weight of responsibility in the form of those of Damocles.Do not hesitate to ask, but above all read, read and read the better formed you are better you can take all the obstacles you will find on the way.All the best

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
09/15/2017 5:33 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Hi @Dalu, like Luvi, I characterize me by saying things as they are.This is not simple and being so tiny, well, be very patient both now and as it grows.You have to learn a lot and then transmit your knowledge to him.It will go through all ages with diabetes.
I also tell you that you never stop fighting for their illusions and that he never stops fighting when he has them, diabetes complicates everything, and it is true, it costs us much more than others to do things, it is also true that when theWe get satisfaction multiplied by three to that of a person who does not have diabetes.
He has to fight for everything he wants, to never let the diabetes with him, and that he always knows that if another can although his sacrifice has to be much greater.
Much encouragement and I do not doubt that all the people in the forum will be happy to help you.
A hug

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/15/2017 5:43 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Thanks to both of the welcome.We are using free freestyle and helps us a lot, although now we do not understand why once we started controlling, we had a week that peaks around 250 and they are maintained.What I miss most is that it first makes it more or less normal, but about 2 hours is when it starts making the big climb without taking anything.What can be due?

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
09/15/2017 6:09 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

The first thing you should know and keep in mind is that with this disease there are no 2 days and that there are no exact mathematics.It may be due to the lack of basal insulin, that the rapid of the food ends its action and has not covered the ingested hydrates because as with the legumes and some diabetics, they usually take their effect at 2 hours of their intake, it may bebecoming bad, etc ... There are many circumstances of others and out of our reach that make glycemia imbalance.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
09/15/2017 8:51 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Do a hair glycemia when you see values ​​that do not add up to you.
If confirmed, you will lack insulin in that section and you may need to increase slowly. What insulin does it use?
Yes it is Lantus and it does not last 24 hours, it can better put it in the morning or at noon, to be able to increase a little, without giving hypos.
Children need to gradually increase insulin, until they reach doses of adults.
Welcome to the forum.You will take it better,.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/16/2017 12:09 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi Dalu Welcome
This is a learning where you should understand how your child's body is created is your challenge but it is achieved over time and understanding that it is a day by day
Remember that for the 1st year it will be in the famous and called honeymoon (which is that your pancreas still pulls insulin) my son lasted 1 year.
I advise you not to despair this will gradually
The glucose should not take it when you have eaten until 2 hours later because before Jay a peak and you must correct at the meals for endocrinologist adjust your basal
He has control of everything he eats and there you will begin to know what food causes high glucose more than other foods.
In addition, his physical activity behavior has a lot to do with this.Write down can also help you understand
You are the most important person in his life so he is strong and learns.
Try to meet children and family with diabetes that helps not to feel alone and that your pain is not unique

Angel is 11 years old and 2 with a diagnosis, he has used microinfusora for 1 year and we live in El Salvador C.A

A hug!!:) :): d

9406 's profile photo
09/16/2017 1:48 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Dalu, I am a 5 -year -old mom of Tomás, a year ago diagnosed type 1 diabetes, I understand what you are happening and even more with such a small child, read everything you can, ask in this forum will help you a lot, and something that cost me to understand, is that there is no 2 +2, every day they are different, or almost all, it takes time to accommodate with so much information, you have to stand up to support our children ...encouragement and forces.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
09/16/2017 4:37 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

They told us that it does not seem that unfortunately this in honeymoon, when they are so small it seems that the honeymoon shines for its absence and insulin we are with 1ud.Levemir in the morning and novorapid 4ud.Before breakfast and 3 before food and dinner.From what I see I think about a lot of ins.Rapid for how small it is, but it is what we see what it needs.

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
09/16/2017 9:26 a.m.

Levemir does not last 24 hours, it is usually put twice.
The endocrine will tell you, but ask him about Lantus, he can go better.
It is still better the toujeo, which does ensure 24 hours, but it is not approved in such young children, yet.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/16/2017 9:46 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.