Inscontrol Postprandial blood glucose

SergioGITST's profile photo   09/17/2017 8:49 a.m.

Hello everyone!

I want to tell you my case because during the summer I have had a fairly adjusted and suddenly control, in 5-7 days, that control has disappeared.Currently my treatment is Lantus (12u in the morning) and Novirapid (9u - 7u - 4U) and I have the free freestyle sensor.

The fact is that my controls before and after eating (2h) are quite good (eg: before 121-80 or 90-133).So far everything correct.The problem comes that at 3H the blood glucose is triggered, appreciating in the freestyle that practically rises in a straight line, reaching values ​​of between 150 and 240, depending on the starting point, that is, the blood glucose of 2h after eating.Rapid insulin I think should not touch it, precisely because the values ​​after eating (2h) usually around 70 - 100 mg/dl and climbing it could involve going through a hiccup before that uncontrolled climb begins.

I have read that a possibility may be that Lantus insulin has completely stamped, since in the change from heat to cold it is possible that there is some mismatch (here in Madrid the freshness is already noticed).Another option that dear is that, by adding two tablespoons of olive oil to my meals, this decreasing the IG of the food and then the absorption of the HC of the meals occurs at 3h and not at 2h as expected.

WHAT DO YOU THINK WHAT CAN BE?Do you think it can be for any of those reasons?

Greetings!

SergioGITST's profile photo
SergioGITST
09/17/2017 8:49 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I believe that two tablespoons of oil are not the cause of that increase in glucose in the third hour after the rapid insulin bolus.Does it happen to you at all meals?If so, and if you see that you have no risk of entering the tendency towards hypoglycemia, I would upload the slow to see if it is fixed.It looks like it has been scarce and you need a little more.While the rapid bolus lasts everything goes well and staying in a goal, but that climb is because the slow one can no longer contain glucose without the help of the rapid and you lack a bit of insulin that if it is able to do so.Nor do I think you miss a lot, since if you miss a lot, the rapid of the meals would also be very scarce and you would be high almost since you start eating (and it is not so ...).Try to see ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
09/17/2017 9:15 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

I also think you may need slower.If it happens to you alone in some food it could be because you eat something that is absorbed slower but if it is always painted to be the slow one.I would look at what happens during the night, if you are stable during the night and in tight values, touching the slow one could make you give you hypos sleeping.
It could also be that the Lantus does not cover you 24 hours.There are people (in which I include myself) that the Lantus was going well for us at the beginning but after a while it only covered us 20 hours or less.I used her several years and I was doing well until I started to notice that in the afternoon I went up and I was already high until dinner (I put the lantus at 11 at night).If this is your case, talk to the endocrine and change you to another one more duration.The toujeo solved the problem.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/18/2017 2:21 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Hello @"Sergiogitst", my son has been like this, that at 2 hours of eating he hit the climb again, now, he has 3 days that he makes hypos and we have to be continuously tracing him and it seems that the hydrates that the hydrates that the hydrates that the hydrates that the hydrates that the hydrates that the hydrates that the hydrates that the hydrates that the hydrates that the hydrates that the hydrates that the hydrates that the hydrates that the hydrates that the hydrates that the hydrates that the hydrates that the hydrates that the hydrates that the hydrates that the hydrates that the hydrates that the hydrates that the hydrates that the hydrates that the hydrates that the hydrates that the hydrates that the hydrates that the hydrates thatWe give it between meals as soon as they take effect.We have only 2 months with this and many things even escape our knowledge.My son has 1ud.Levemir in the morning and novorapid 4/3/3

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
09/18/2017 6:33 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.