{'en': 'Journey to Thailand', 'es': 'Viaje a Tailandia'} Image

Journey to Thailand

Lucia25's profile photo   08/24/2017 11:41 a.m.

Good morning,

I am Lucia, and I have been with type 1 diabetes for 7 years.

I am writing to you here because I have searched for information on the Internet about it and I have not found anything.

I will travel to Thailand in November and I would like to know if someone from here has gone and how their experience has been, if you have had problems at the airport with medication ... and some information that can facilitate me.

Thank you so much!

Greetings,

Lucia25's profile photo
Lucia25
08/24/2017 11:41 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You should not have problems.Every day there are many people with vital medication that travel.

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
08/24/2017 12:40 p.m.

If I had to make such a trip, rather than the possible problems in the airport (with a medical report/certification, in several languages, it would be enough to travel with these medicines and accessories), I would worry about the possible problems or inconveniencesAs for my health once landed.I know there are hospitals and others, but sincerely match a health system that I already know, it is a bit complicated.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/24/2017 2:35 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

I was in Thailand a couple of years ago and I had no problem.

In any case I took the precaution of carrying a report from the endocrine with the medication, lancetas, needles ... I needed x if they asked me in customs.I recommend that you write it yourself in English and sign it and seal your doctor.

Of course hire medical insurance, I would not spare on that.

TB I advise you to carry the insulin protected by the heat I could do, I used a cold portfolio with capacity for two bolis.

Otherwise you just have to worry about enjoying.

Sàwatdii krap/ká

;)

sonnycrokkett's profile photo
sonnycrokkett
08/24/2017 11:52 p.m.

Before a trip abroad, one of the problems can be the supply of reactive strips.Have you had to adapt to your guidelines to get them or have you asked to get more for the trip?I don't know if I explain.I live in Andalusia and here, by medical prescription, there is an assigned time to get strips (9 days, for example), so I could not get before.

Jota's profile photo
Jota
08/30/2017 2:10 p.m.

Debut: 2001
Novorapid/ Toujeo (22 unidades)
HbA1c: 8 (Necesita mejorar)
Sensor Free Style desde 2021

Thank you very much for the answers.I found a girl from the Diabetic Association of my city that had gone and was telling me that she had not had any problems and her advice were like you have said here, report in English, medical insurance, and bring insulin in someplace that can be at a good temperature and, of course, left over.Jota, I will carry the freestylelibre patch, I also go only 15 days so I would have no problem regarding reactive strips.All the best!

Lucia25's profile photo
Lucia25
09/01/2017 1:28 p.m.

@"Lucia25" I recommend that you take what you need in duplicate.That is, when you calculate how many bolis, strips, glucagon, needles and lancets you need, make another pack with the same, and if you can take it another person with whom you travel in your hand luggage, much better (to take it distributed in caseof loss, robbery ...).I also recommend that you carry another glucometer.They can lend it to you in your health center if you do not have two.Whenever I go so far (Thailand, Australia, Indonesia, Japan, Cuba ...) I prefer to take more than see in the situation of having to look for a solution not always feasible.

Enjoy the trip, which is worth it!

piruha's profile photo
piruha
09/04/2017 9:54 a.m.

DM1 desde 1987 (con 3 años)
Lantus y Humalog
Dexcom g5

Thank you very much Piruha, I will take over and distribute it with another friend just in case ... it is better to prevent.

Lucia25's profile photo
Lucia25
09/04/2017 10:30 a.m.

@"Lucia25" Here I leave you a link with more information about traveling with diabetes, I hope I arrive on time, and if not, to serve other people!;)

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
09/05/2017 5:44 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.