{'en': 'Different diabetes results?', 'es': '¿Resultados diabetes distintos?'} Image

Different diabetes results?

sella's profile photo   09/20/2017 1:55 a.m.

Hello, I have 4 diabetes exams.

The first, fasting glucose of 139, according to which it was diabetic.

A second exam in another repetition laboratory that only gave 87.

Then another basal glycemia in 87 and post glycemia, in which they make you drink a glass with a sweet liquid, of only 88.

I be confined that, days later, they sent me a glycosylated hemoglobin test that supposedly measures blood sugar from the last 3 months and gave 6.2%, according to which I am prediabetic.

But it turns out that I have repeated the fasting glucose in another laboratory and continues to be normal at 80 mg/dl.

All these results have me bewildered and I don't know whether or not I have diabetes, and I have a bad food because of that.

What do you think?

sella's profile photo
sella
09/20/2017 1:55 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The most reliable is glycosilada.I guess they will have put a regime of few hydrates and exercise.With that you will control it well.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/20/2017 2:54 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
the most reliable is glycosilada.I guess they will have put a regime of few hydrates and exercise.With that you will control it well.

Hello if indeed, thanks for the answers, they put me to eat less hydrates or flours, but that is that the examination of fasting glucoseOr prediabetic that should be taller, I don't know what I'm going to do, the general doctor will send me to the internist, I am crazy if I start the diet because it is that until I am diagnosed I will not start doing it, but if I have lowered sugars and toEating less rice and more vedures and fruits and doing half an hour of walking, because I am low weight, I barely reach 56 kg with 1.68 tall I'm skinny xD, and lowering hydrates I think I will disappear yet so I have symptoms of dizziness xD xDand sometimes nausea

sella's profile photo
sella
09/20/2017 4:40 a.m.

You can leave normal fasting glucose values ​​being diabetic, it is totally normal because after being a few hours without eating your body it is able to lower it without problems since by your glycosylated you are still prediabetic.The diet is so that the thing is not going worse, if you continue with the food you carried before you will get worse and in the end you will get worse glycosylated.
If you are worried about slimming because you are already thin, try to eat more but of things that do not modify glucose as a protein and healthy fats.Meat, fish and eggs are protein foods that do not raise glucose.Olive oil, avocado, whole dairy dairy, nuts, cheese, have good fats and do not affect sugar much.They will make you eat more calories so as not to lose weight without climbing sugar.
If you have been given an equal generic diet, you better talk to a nutritionist to adapt it to your specific needs.Normally the diets that put type 2 are to lose weight and are usually with very few calories, in your case you may need to adapt it.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/20/2017 11:01 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

yesssica_a said:
normal fasting glucose values ​​being diabetic, it is totally normal because after being a few hours without eating your body it is able to lower it without problems since by your glycosiladaYou are still prediabetic.The diet is so that the thing is not going worse, if you continue with the food you carried before you will get worse and in the end you will get worse glycosylated.
If you are worried about slimming because you are already thin, try to eat more but of things that do not modify glucose as a protein and healthy fats.Meat, fish and eggs are protein foods that do not raise glucose.Olive oil, avocado, whole dairy dairy, nuts, cheese, have good fats and do not affect sugar much.They will make you eat more calories so as not to lose weight without climbing sugar.
If you have been given an equal generic diet, you better talk to a nutritionist to adapt it to your specific needs.Normally the diets that put type 2 are to lose weight and are usually with very few calories, in your case you may need to adapt it.

Thank you what good friendly advice, I will continue to treat myself as a prediabetic until they take another test in three months, have what happens, I am trying to eat more proteins, but I have a question with white rice the white bread and the potatoes, too, tooShould I reduce them?I can eat apples and what kind of fruits do you recommend, thanks for your help by the way I also have a post -band glucose test that takes a sample after
2 hours to drink a glass with a sweet liquid, and I went out normal at 88 mg/dl so I still have the doubt, and the last question according to your experience, you think that a prediabetic like me, can "heal" and passfrom prediabetic to non -diabetic?

sella's profile photo
sella
09/20/2017 7:31 p.m.

I do not know what they have told you about white rice and white bread but they are foods that raise glucose and very fast.I would change them for integral versions (if they don't feel bad) and not abuse.It is better for example that you eat legumes if you feel good and you like them.Legumes rise much slower and have much more nutrients than bread for example.If you want to eat better bread if you are looking for a bakery that is integral and better if it is of mother dough instead of the typical supermarket.And as for the potato, it also raises the glucose quite a lot, so better if you eat it in small quantities so as not to rise the glucose.A very good trick is to eat these foods along with others with fiber (such as vegetables, which are also very healthy and practically do not have hydrates), good proteins and fat so that glucose rises little by little.For example if you prepare rice or potatoes add vegetables and some meat or fish and some good fat.Thus, having a more nutritious dish will raise the glucose more slowly.

As for healing is complicated and what you understand by healing depends.I would speak rather to reverse diabetes that is not the same as cure.I explain myself.If you continue to control the food and do sports usually (even if it is only walking) it is very likely that in a time you will be in glycosylated and glucose in non -diabetic blood and you can stay like this for years or even your whole life.But if you once manage to be at normal levels you return to your previous habits because it is normal for you to have bad glycosylated and blood glucose values ​​above normal in a time.Also when you do not take care of the thing is always worse and you do not need treatment to the pills and over the years to insulin.
Type 2 diabetes usually appears by genetic predisposition linked to bad food and sedentary habits.You can not change genetics but your habits.My recommendation is that, since you are still on time, you change your habits to others healthier.In addition to keeping diabetes to Ralla you will win in health.With a healthy diet and sport it does not have to get worse and you will surely feel better, with more energy and healthier.

I don't know if someone has explained to you how type 2 diabetes usually appears. I make you a quick summary.When you eat many foods that quickly rise blood glucose (sweets, pastries, refined flours, processed foods that have a lot of added sugar ...) Your pancreas has to release insulin to remove all that glucose from the blood because it causes damage.Insulin causes the body to transform all that glucose into fat and store and thus keep blood glucose at normal levels (between 80-100 in non-diabetics).If you are constantly making your pancreas release insulin to compensate for excess glucose, the body is getting used to and more and more insulin needs to do the same job, so your pancreas works more and more (this is called insulin resistance).Over time this overload causes your body to have trouble maintainbody will return to normal little by little.But at the moment you return to the before the problem will return.
I have summarized it a lot but more or less that is.If you want to see better and more detailed explanations there is a blog of a doctor who explains it very well and much more detailed than me:

Link

It has mountain tickets and others on food.The one I have put you has a very complete explanation of what I have summarized but there are manyMore than they are interesting.

Yessica_A
09/21/2017 11:11 a.m.

Yesssica_a said:
I don't know what they have told you about white rice and white bread but they are foods that raise glucose and very fast.I would change them for integral versions (if they don't feel bad) and not abuse.It is better for example that you eat legumes if you feel good and you like them.Legumes rise much slower and have much more nutrients than bread for example.If you want to eat better bread if you are looking for a bakery that is integral and better if it is of mother dough instead of the typical supermarket.And as for the potato, it also raises the glucose quite a lot, so better if you eat it in small quantities so as not to rise the glucose.A very good trick is to eat these foods along with others with fiber (such as vegetables, which are also very healthy and practically do not have hydrates), good proteins and fat so that glucose rises little by little.For example if you prepare rice or potatoes add vegetables and some meat or fish and some good fat.Thus, having a more nutritious dish will raise the glucose more slowly.

As for healing is complicated and what you understand by healing depends.I would speak rather to reverse diabetes that is not the same as cure.I explain myself.If you continue to control the food and do sports usually (even if it is only walking) it is very likely that in a time you will be in glycosylated and glucose in non -diabetic blood and you can stay like this for years or even your whole life.But if you once manage to be at normal levels you return to your previous habits because it is normal for you to have bad glycosylated and blood glucose values ​​above normal in a time.Also when you do not take care of the thing is always worse and you do not need treatment to the pills and over the years to insulin.
Type 2 diabetes usually appears by genetic predisposition linked to bad food and sedentary habits.You can not change genetics but your habits.My recommendation is that, since you are still on time, you change your habits to others healthier.In addition to keeping diabetes to Ralla you will win in health.With a healthy diet and sport it does not have to get worse and you will surely feel better, with more energy and healthier.

I don't know if someone has explained to you how type 2 diabetes usually appears. I make you a quick summary.When you eat many foods that quickly rise blood glucose (sweets, pastries, refined flours, processed foods that have a lot of added sugar ...) Your pancreas has to release insulin to remove all that glucose from the blood because it causes damage.Insulin causes the body to transform all that glucose into fat and store and thus keep blood glucose at normal levels (between 80-100 in non-diabetics).If you are constantly making your pancreas release insulin to compensate for excess glucose, the body is getting used to and more and more insulin needs to do the same job, so your pancreas works more and more (this is called insulin resistance).Over time this overload causes your body to have trouble maintainbody will return to normal little by little.But at the moment you return to the before the problem will return.
I have summarized it a lot but more or less that is.If you want to see better and more detailed explanations there is a blog of a doctor who explains it very well and much more detailed than me:

Link

It has mountain tickets and others on food.The one I have put you has a very complete explanationof what I have summarized but there are many more that are interesting.

Ufff my friend excellent explanation, thanks, I could not ask for more, you have clearly explained it, then I would begin to change the white rice for the integral, I was eating less white rice but if it accompanied him with protein and vegetables since they told me it was prediabetic,I have completely eliminated the white bread and occasionally, I changed my habits in these days, with respect to the legumes because I really like the lentils, beans, chickpea etc, and the caua of my diabetres is clearlyDefined, it was sedentary because I spent a lot of time in front of the PC for my work, second my grandmother was diabetic, and pss my food Jo was very good, a lot of rice, potato, bread and sweets, well to move on ...

sella's profile photo
sella
09/21/2017 5:14 p.m.

I encourage and you will see that as soon as you get used to a healthy diet and to do sports you are much better and the perfect analyzes come out.And well from time to time nothing happens to skip it a little.In celebrations and others you can eat whatever you want, one day from time to time nothing will happen to you if the rest of the time you do well.

Yessica_A
09/21/2017 5:29 p.m.

yesssica_a said:
encourage and you'll see that as soon as you get used to a healthy diet and do sports you are much better and the perfect analysis comes out.And well from time to time nothing happens to skip it a little.In celebrations and others you can eat whatever you want, one day from time to time nothing will happen to you if the rest of the time you do well.

Ooo thank you very much I will follow your advice, by the way a last question forgive for bothering you xD, in my country you eat a lot, and they eat with egg, do you think that the corn or the products with corn will rise a lot the sugar?thank you..

sella's profile photo
sella
09/21/2017 5:39 p.m.

I think the arepas are made with cornmeal.Corn flour is almost everything hydrate and sugar rises quite quickly, just like wheat.I leave you a table that they have put several times in the forum and there you have all the foods with their glycemic index:

Link

The glycemic index indicates the speed with which sugar rises compared to the pure glucose that is 100. The low glycemic index are green, in orange those of the middle and in red those of bass.There is also another column where it tells you how much food makes a ration of hydrates (1 ration is 10gr of hydrate).With this you get an idea of ​​the amount of hydrate they have.

In the case of cornmeal:

Grams in a ration of HC (*): 15
Habitual Consumption Measure: Rasa Soped Teapera (14g)
HC rations as usual: 1
IG: 78

With these data we see that in every 15 grams of flour there are 10 hydrate.And that the buttmic index is 78 out of 100. that is, each tablespoon flour rasa has 10 grams of hydrate.If you calculate how many tablespoons each arepa you can calculate the total amount and with the IG you see how quickly it goes up.In this case it is a food with a lot of hydrate and high IG so it is not highly recommended for type 2 diabetics. In your case I would eat it only occasionally.

It is a bit complicated at the beginning but in general it is advisable to eat food in green, moderate orange and avoid red.Although you also have to look at the amount of hydrate because for example the watermelon has IG 75 but it has very little hydrate, only 10 grams for every 200gr of watermelon and could be eaten without passing the amounts.

Yessica_A
09/21/2017 6:21 p.m.

Yesssica_a said:
I think the arepas are made with cornmeal.Corn flour is almost everything hydrate and sugar rises quite quickly, just like wheat.I leave you a table that they have put several times in the forum and there you have all the foods with their glycemic index:

Link

The glycemic index indicates the speed with which sugar rises compared to the pure glucose that is 100. The low glycemic index are green, in orange those of the middle and in red those of bass.There is also another column where it tells you how much food makes a ration of hydrates (1 ration is 10gr of hydrate).With this you get an idea of ​​the amount of hydrate they have.

In the case of cornmeal:

Grams in a ration of HC (*): 15
Habitual Consumption Measure: Rasa Soped Teapera (14g)
HC rations as usual: 1
IG: 78

With these data we see that in every 15 grams of flour there are 10 hydrate.And that the buttmic index is 78 out of 100. that is, each tablespoon flour rasa has 10 grams of hydrate.If you calculate how many tablespoons each arepa you can calculate the total amount and with the IG you see how quickly it goes up.In this case it is a food with a lot of hydrate and high IG so it is not highly recommended for type 2 diabetics. In your case I would eat it only occasionally.

It is a bit complicated at the beginning but in general it is advisable to eat food in green, moderate orange and avoid red.Although you also have to look at the amount of hydrate because for example the watermelon has IG 75 but it has very little hydrate, only 10 grams for every 200gr of watermelon and could be eaten without passing the amounts.

Thanks for your help friend, you see that you know a lot, I'm already going down that table to put it into practice, it's very helpful :)

sella's profile photo
sella
09/21/2017 7:44 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.