{'en': 'Japan finances free freestyle to all people who use insulin', 'es': 'Japón financia el FreeStyle Libre a todas las personas que utilizan insulina'} Image

Japan finances free freestyle to all people who use insulin

fer's profile photo   09/05/2017 5:21 p.m.

ABBOTT announced today that the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare of Japan has granted national financing to the free freestyle glucose monitoring system as of September 1, 2017. This revolutionary system will be totally available for more than 1Million of six years of age or more with diabetes, both type 1 and type 2, who receive insulin treatment.

The diabetes rate in Japan is one of the highest in the world: 9.5 million Japanese live with this disease.1

“This is a significant advance for the Japanese who have diabetes, as well as for the health professionals who treat them.Freestyle Libre has had a demonstrable impact around the world helping people with diabetes and we are satisfied with the decision of the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare of Japan that the Japanese government finance the product to the people who need it, ”he saidJared Watkin, senior vice president of the Abbott Diabetes Division.

Abbott's free freestyle system helps overcome the challenges of routine punctures in fingers2 for people with diabetes, with a rapid scan of a second of a small sensor that is applied in the back face of the upper part of the arm.In addition, calibration is not necessary by punctures on the finger and that is a key factor that differentiates it from current continuous glucose measurement systems.With the device data users can better know what their glucose levels are through the ambulatory profile of glucose (AGP), a graph that provides a visual image of glucose levels, trends and glucose patterns through thetime.The AGP also provides doctors with more detailed information to make more informed treatment decisions.

“In order for diabetes treatment to be effective, it is essential that people with diabetes frequently measure their glucose levels.For my patients, it often constitutes a challenge to measure glucose due to pain, discomfort and stigma of puncture on the finger.Freestyle free not only allows my patients to control their glucose more frequently due to the comfort of technology, but also provides valuable trends and glucose patterns that help me make more informed treatment decisions, ”said Dr. YoshihitoATSUMI, director of the Diabetes Center of the General Hospital of EIJU.

Two published clinical trials3 and evidence of real life in more than 50,000 users4 show that people who use the free freestyle system are measured on average 15 times a day.Studies also show that people who scan more frequently with the system spend less time in hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) or hyperglycemia (high level of blood sugar) while improving average levels ofglucose demonstrating better global glucose control.

ABBott's free freestyle system was launched in Europe in 2014 and is currently available in 39 countries.Japan now joins the group of 16 countries in which the system is financed, including large markets such as France and Germany.

fer's profile photo
fer
09/05/2017 5:21 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Let's wait with a little luck, that runs like gunpowder and its Chinese neighbors see profitable invest in a similar or better product at a lower cost, so that everything is supernegocium by Abbott on the different continents with a half product is to force themto evolve and improve it.Because as you sign a 20 -year concession Abbott closes its Freestyle R&D plant.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
09/05/2017 9:04 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Fuck Abbott how it is riding it, its commercials and lobbies distributing briefcases are priceThat Abbott except in the USA is eating the toast in the rest of the world, I do not explain it to me.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/05/2017 9:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The Japanese are very demanding;Abbott will have to improve and reduce cost.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/06/2017 7:38 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

sigsauer said:
fuck abbott how it is riding it, its commercials and lobbies distributing briefcases are priceless, ....

I'm afraid they are priced, but we don't know which one!: D

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
09/08/2017 1:09 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

In my country (Argentina) also entered a month ago and all social works are covering it !!I have read that there are already problems with the sensors, and that they say about Abbott "that please send them to change and investigate the reasons for failures", the reasons would say that they are criminals with power (it seems) that he plays with the illusion-despair of all of us ... why do they open their way?

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
09/08/2017 3:35 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.