{'en': 'Arm pain after putting the free freestyle sensor', 'es': 'Dolor en el brazo tras poner el sensor del FreeStyle Libre'} Image

Arm pain after putting the free freestyle sensor

Leon's profile photo   09/08/2017 12:14 a.m.

Hello,

Today my son has put on the first free freestyle sensor and at two hours he complains that his arm hurts.Is it normal?

Thank you!!

Leon's profile photo
Leon
09/08/2017 12:14 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good night: if it is acute or strong pain ... no, it is not normal.A slight feeling I do notice, especially the first hours of wearing a sensor.Then, it passes and do not find out that you carry it.

I take this opportunity to give you advice: be patient the first 24h since the results can move away from the capillary.It is absolutely normal, in these early hours the sensor is in a calibration period.Tomorrow throughout the day the measures will be refining more and more.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
09/08/2017 12:29 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

My daughter has ever happened, but in a few hours it has happened to her.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
09/08/2017 8:08 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Thanks a lot

Leon's profile photo
Leon
09/08/2017 8:17 a.m.

It has also happened to me with some readers.You notice a rare feeling for a few hours although it is not an intense pain.I have also noticed for 2 or 3 days a little soft pain when tightening the sensor area.When I lie on that arm for example.
In the end to put it on you, it gives you a puncture and it is normal for the area to be a bit sore for a few hours.It is also normal for some blood to come out through the center when applying it, it happened to me 3 or 4 times.If you do not stop bleeding, it is no longer normal and you recommend taking it up in the instructions.The times that has happened to me has been a drop of blood for a moment and has stopped.If it happens you do not scare yourself and wait a moment to stop bleeding, clean it with a little alcohol and voila.
And the first 24 hours is normal for values ​​to go wrong, check with the capillary to make sure.Sometimes hypoglycemia marks you and you are perfectly.It usually gives me lower values ​​than the capillary (I have seen up to 50 below) the first 24 hours, then it is going well.The first day I take hair controls before and after meals and I ignore what the Free says.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/08/2017 9:59 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@"Leon" I agree with everyone, the first hours is when there are more variations between the capillary and the sensor.And also keep in mind that when the values ​​are high 250 ... more or less.In the values ​​they usually give more difference. At least in my case.
With some sensors well, but with others the first 3 or 4 hours, I notice a slight discomfort

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
09/11/2017 12:58 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992, con 9 añitos; Tresiba 10, Apidra en función de HC
Freestyle Libre

It is normal for him to bother.It is that I have now hurt the first day but then nothing, I have had to catch a more sensitive area.
To do well in measures put on the child when he has stable glucose and at the time of calibration that does not move much.I would tell you that sleeping so you can guarantee that you are still.
You will have to use lancetas the first days to see if you can trust the values ​​that mark but the trend arrows are always true.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/13/2017 7:48 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you very much for your advice in the end has taken it away.We will try later

Leon's profile photo
Leon
09/13/2017 8:19 a.m.

Hello, I have the cold part of the cold and I was wearing it on the left arm I have put it in the right and I carry with a pain in the arm for three or four days

Mikel Vallez Guinea's profile photo
Mikel Vallez Guinea
01/28/2020 3:16 p.m.

Freestyle

Mikel Vallez Guinea
01/28/2020 3:16 p.m.

@"Mikel Vallez Guinea" If pain persists, take it off.It usually hurts a little, sometimes, but leaves right away.
You can also try to put it in other areas, buttocks or thighs, both in the upper part.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/28/2020 4 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you

Mikel Vallez Guinea
01/29/2020 11:53 a.m.

hello everyone
I tell you my experience I have been 1 year and 6 Mese with Free and with acu chek simultaneously, because the social work only gives me the latter.
I have compared it between them even against the analysis of a biochemical and the results are very similar since the 1st Free day.
I have applied it in my arms, but also in my thigh and lately on the side of my back, because I was detached from the arm by friction with the wall or the car.
In no location I have felt pain, it will be because I apply insulin for 40 years and get used to it.
I have used it in the sea and the rubber came off after 40 minutes of being submerged, therefore I recommend not being more than 20 minutes in the water, exit and let it dry well before returning to the water.
My only observation is that on 2 opportunities, when I removed the album I am an infection granite on the needle site, but they were cured alone.
In summary I think that your child should put the sensor again, do not imagine the benefit that is to have all the time notion about blood glucose, that is priceless
I drew you success in the new attempt Leon.

GURKAH 's profile photo
GURKAH
01/29/2020 11:42 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.