What to do with Dexcom G5 transmitter when bathing or lying when sleeping?

Dani Se's profile photo   09/08/2017 5:05 p.m.

Hello!Soon I will receive the Dexcom G5 and I would like to know whether to have contact with the water, or when one sleeps and relies on the transmitter, it can bassoon it or stop working or gives error, it is for my son, that when he bathes he loves to playIn the bathtub a long time.I would also like your experiences with this meter, the first day is calibration and its values ​​do not match those of the capillary?Is placement very difficult?Does your arm hurt?Blood comes out?Many doubts ... Does anyone try to change the transmitter battery to extend time?

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
09/08/2017 5:05 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Hello @dani76 I do not know if you have read the threads that are referring to Dexcom, for your questions it is the same as you look g5 or g5, I please advise you to put this question in the dexcom g5 thread so as not to have several open threads.
Link
Please answer in the Dexcom G5 thread.
In this thread of G4 those questions have comments also take a look.
Link

Sometimes and only sometimes it has been the case that sleeping on it when you have been in many days if you sleep about it can increase the difference in values ​​but will never stop working for that.
You can bathe in the bathtub or beach as many times as you want, the sensor assures well.
I also advise you to talk to the laboratory and share opinions with them, they will also tell you very well.
I close the thread to avoid duplication.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/08/2017 7:50 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.