Disability or reduction of working hours

FátimaGV's profile photo   09/11/2017 8:21 a.m.

Hello everyone, I wanted to ask if anyone knows if it applies to be able to ask for a reduction from the day by illness or ask for disability or who could go to advise me.

I tell you, I went to the forum in search of help to regulate my sugar, I am currently with a hemo of 7 although I managed to go down to 6.4.Of an 8.3 that did not go down :)

The fact is that about 5 months ago I started, after controlling the glucose, with pain in my legs and arms, the legs is especially when I am at rest or sitndate or lying, it happens to me alone when I walk, or do sports.And my arms when I get up combing, having clothes or driving me so much that I have to lower them, it is impossible.

Computer consultant work, and I am with Rivotril to be able to sleep at night, I did not sleep more than 2 hours a day and in the morning I fell from the dream.

I have diagnosed Spi, restless legs syndrome, and they will do the tests to rule out neuropathy.

The fact is that I am not at my best time, and it is hard for me to get up in the morning to go to work that I don't even tell you, and I think I'm entering some depression because I can't be happy.I know there are people in worse situation than me, but I can't find motivation today.

In the work I do not give 100% and in the consultant it is very demanding in this regard and if I do not go up every year and demonstrate because you already know what it touches ....

FátimaGV's profile photo
FátimaGV
09/11/2017 8:21 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Depending on the CCAA in which you live you must go to one place or another.Asking for disabilities just for having diabetes today do not grant it, unless you have several temporary income due to declines or ups and are temporary, that is, they can be one year or two.

Reduction day by diabetes also do not grant, only to parents who have children with diabetes and until some age, I do not remember which one, but for us not.

Come a lot of encouragement !!!!!

This is hard to lie but do not stop looking for illusions in your life and something to fight for !!!

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/11/2017 2:24 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

If you have neuropathy, they can give you some disability with medical reports.Request it.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/11/2017 5:06 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If you have neuropathy, they can give you some disability with medical reports.Request it.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/11/2017 5:07 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Thank you for the answers and the dings, I will ask to see if for the syndrome of restless legs I can do something, and then to see if they rule out the neuropathy.

FátimaGV's profile photo
FátimaGV
09/11/2017 7:22 p.m.

Take all reports and, if you have income, too.
If you do not have strong pains, there will be neuropathy, but, if it were, it improves with control.
Anïmate, that you are very well controlled.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/11/2017 9:59 p.m.

Well, the fact is that strong pain is not, and it doesn't hurt or anything, just when I am sitting, lying or resting, it is more, when I am and especially in the water nothing hurts.
I am now doing swimming, because I do not notice pain, nor tingling or anything, I am very comfortable for that they have opted for the SPI,

FátimaGV's profile photo
FátimaGV
09/12/2017 11:59 a.m.

Hello @"Fátimagv" the state in which you are currently for the endocrine to lose.Surely you have gathered several things, stress of work, leg pain, badly sleep, depression, spi etc.I also have spi for some years, and if you are not very advanced you can control it in various ways, I find it 100% effective shower my legs with cold water for a few minutes, the night that happens to me, it does not always happen to me,I do it like this and Holy.There are those who have a better time with hot water showers, or doing a few flexions, it is about looking at that it is good for you.I hope it serves you

runing50's profile photo
runing50
09/13/2017 5:29 p.m.

Hello! I will review it but I have no appointment with the endo until December so you look, knowing that I was having tingling and leg pain problems !!!I also think that several things have gathered and something happens to me.

I have to return to another neurologist that I want another opinion and return to the header and see what he tells me.

I will try what you tell me about doing some flexions, but for example this week is to sit or lie at night already on the couch and hurt after five minutes.And I am already super uncomfortable until I tell me and I'm going to sleep.

What I don't want is to become something psychological, it is what scares me.

FátimaGV's profile photo
FátimaGV
09/14/2017 8:11 a.m.

Hello!!!!!A lot that I did not put up to date ... I read you every day yes;)

I tell you, I have been with gabapentin of 300 several months and nothing, I did not take away the pain, or tingling ... only when I was doing sports.The good thing that something better slept, but I didn't go to sleep at most 4 hours.And in recent days I did not do anything.

Last Wednesday, I went to another neurologist and sent me neupro of 1mg, they are patches, and hey !!!!!that tumbo at night on the couch and what pleasure not to feel pain !!!!At the moment they are better.

I only have since Friday, and I feel light nausea, lack of appetite and during the working day (which is very long in my case) all day sitting I have to lift and stretch my legs, if I notice discomfort that do not let me concentrate.

But my mother, that to lie down and not feel pain !!!!!and sleep even if they are 5 hours in a row.

I do not sleep from a pull the whole night, but now I wake up at best over half past four or so and I don't get so married.

FátimaGV's profile photo
FátimaGV
02/19/2018 4:50 p.m.

To continue improving!Was it neuropathy?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/19/2018 5 p.m.

The latest neurologist tells me, not, to opt for restless legs syndrome.

They did the neuropathy and negative tests, he says that there is a type of neuropathy that affects very very fine nerve endings and that does not come out in that test, but that with the symptoms that affects me above all when I lie down blockBut with the SPI.

I was no longer the pain in itself, some days if it was something horrible, stretched a little and took off and in the minute it reappeared.It is already in itself, the hopelessness of not resting and not sleeping.

FátimaGV's profile photo
FátimaGV
02/19/2018 5:19 p.m.

Hello @"Fátimagv" since you have a job similar to mine since I am Sysadmin, but lately I'm more time going from one rack to another than sitting on my desk.A Walking Desk can be good to work like these (I don't know if you already know them, but I put it for those who may interest you):

Link
Link

Yes, you are one of those with the client in its facilities for a few days or hours, because logically your company will not want to buy one, but could ask your company.Those who work sitting all the working day sitting on a desk, also have their occupational diseases, and this is a way of caring for the health of information workers like us.

txitxo's profile photo
txitxo
02/19/2018 6:41 p.m.

From my personal experience when I was diagnosed with diabetes, I already had other problems such as respiratory, mental problems ... several things come on.So I was granted a 35% disability (it is granted from 33%) this was many years ago and I do not remember very well of paperwork because I was quite young, what I can assure you is that byDiabetes just don't give it to you but if you add a couple more things and you are lucky, surely it comes to you.

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
02/19/2018 9:30 p.m.

@"Fátimagv", I sound like neuropathy, I went down from a hem from 11 to 4.7 in 4 months, crashed from my endo that killed me to hypos and developed a painful neurolopathy in feet and hands.
I had the same symptoms as you, during the day doing things I could happen but when the night came I died of foot pain, they burned me, they burned me, as if they were continuously rubbing with a sandpaper.
I was not stuck at night and when the day came it is when I slept because it is when I calmed down.
In my hands it was milder, like clicks and my arms got tired the same as you, when I had been with the dryer for 5 minutes.
They made me electromyogram and in the first one did not give but 2 months later they repeated it to me and if it came out.
They treated me with Gabapentina that is an antiepileptic, at very high doses because that was insufferable x the nights but since they were such high doses they already gave me side effects.
Then they put me in a study that they were testing the pregabaline, what we know today as Lyrica, but as they were very low doses because it did not work for me.
Today Lyrica is much more proven and with the appropriate dose it is controlled much better.
I have thrown myself 4 years with the Gabapentina but currently I don't take anything and I have no discomfort.
Talk to it with neurology.
Regarding the disability I was putting on a casing and not talking about the hairdresser, the only thing I could get is that the endo made me a report saying that I had "glucose lability" and they gave me the low 1 month ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/19/2018 10:35 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

At the moment I have asked for an appointment with the header to update the history and put on the electronic recipe of the patches, they do well, and as long as I can sleep and be able to do my exercise.

During the day, I will see how I move forward.

Thank you very much to everyone !!

FátimaGV's profile photo
FátimaGV
02/20/2018 8:34 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.