{'en': 'Vall d’Hebron hospital investigates the control treatment of type I diabetes with Sotagliflozi', 'es': 'El Hospital Vall d’Hebron investiga el tratamiento de control de la diabetes tipo I con sotagliflozi'} Image

Vall d’Hebron hospital investigates the control treatment of type I diabetes with Sotagliflozi

fer's profile photo   09/28/2017 4:58 p.m.

The Research Institute of the Vall d'Hebron Hospital (VHIR) in Barcelona has participated in a study, published in the New England Journal of Medicine, which shows that adding Sotagliflozine, an oral drug, to the usual treatment with insulin in patients with diabetes type diabetesI improve disease control in 28 percent of cases.

In addition, this analysis, presented at the LIII Annual Congress of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes held in the Portuguese City of Lisbon, confirms that in the group of patients treated with cabeglyphlozine, the glycosylated hemoglobin figure (HBA1C) was reduced0.46 percent, weight loss was 2.98 kg, blood pressure decreased among those suffered from 3.5 mmHg hypertension and the daily insulin dose was significantly reduced.

On the other hand, VHIR researchers indicate in their study that the incidence of severe hypoglycemia episodes was significantly lower compared to the placebo group;Instead, cases of diabetic ketoacidosis were superior.

For the head of the Research Group in Diabetes and Metabolism of this entity, Dr. Rafael Simón, “The study is of remarkable importance, since it will improve metabolic control, without increasing the dose of insulin or increasing the weight, in a segmentimportant of patients suffering from type I diabetes, and therefore, the risk of long -term complications will be lower. ”

fer's profile photo
fer
09/28/2017 4:58 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I am waiting for a medication that avoids cell glycosylation ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/29/2017 12:29 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Does it have to do with the best function of the pancreas?Greetings

mario69's profile photo
mario69
09/29/2017 12:37 a.m.

Diabetes 2, pero insulinorequiriente, con resistencia a la insulina y pancreas agotado.
HbA1c: dic '16: 12,8; mar '17: 10,9
Fallece mi madre oct '17
Ida a Paraguay feb '18
HbA1c: oct '18: 8,7; ene '19: 6,5; abr '19: 6,2 abr '19: 6,5; jun '19: 7,5; set '19: ???
Detemir 26 7:30 y 20 19:30
Aspartica 4 antes desay y mer y 5 antes alm y cena.
200 a 250gr de HC diarios, 80gr Prot y 80gr Grasa. Segun actividad.
71 años 88kg 1,72.

I don't think so.In type1, the pancreas no longer produces any insulin

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/29/2017 2:23 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.