Variation of fasting glycemia levels and after eating

eporramelik's profile photo   09/14/2017 5:47 p.m.

Hello everyone:

I don't know if someone happens to someone and has an explanation to what happens to me, I take half of a metformin pill of 850 in the morning and at night, the doctor told me that my fasting level must be less than 100Mg/dl, at first when I just detected I was going very well, the maximum was 92 but from one year here it is very common that in the mornings I almost always get 110 mg/dl even once I get out of 120 mg/Dl, once I got out of 100 mg/dl and after two hours of having breakfast I checked again and my level was 88 mg/dl, I have done this same test many times, check it on an empty stomach and it comes outAbove 100 mg/dl, if I checked in the course of the day I get values ​​below 100 mg/dl.

Does someone happen or know why this can happen?

eporramelik's profile photo
eporramelik
09/14/2017 5:47 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 2 desde los 27 años

Let's see if this helps you.In some cases (I do not know if type 2 also happens but to type 1 it has happened to almost all) a few hours before lifting you raise your glucose because the body frees it from its reserves to be prepared when you get up.This is called Alba phenomenon or the Somogyi effect.To see if this is what is happening to you you would have to put on the early morning alarm (at 3 or 4 in the morning) and check the glucose.If at that time it is very likely that what happens to you is the phenomenon of Alba.If you have it high at that time it may be because you are eating too much hydrate at dinner and your body takes all night to lower the sugar.I see this less likely because you don't have been diabetic for long and if the rest of the day you are fine.
Test a couple of days to see that you get early in the morning and if that is, tell the doctor the next time you go to see if you can make any adjustment in the medication.The Alba phenomenon is complicated to solve, it usually goes for seasons and passes alone.When the only solution has happened to me, it has been an alarm on the time that starts to get on and correct with a little fast.But type 1 can dawn with 200 or more for this reason, 110 is not worrying and in your case that you only have pills I do not think you have to do anything.Surely it is a season and then return to normal.Anyway, consult the doctor with the measures you make at dawn to see what he tells you.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/14/2017 6:13 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.