Why do glucose rise on an empty stomach?

apas02's profile photo   09/18/2017 4:18 a.m.

Hello with everyone, I am new in this forum.I have type 1 diabetes since the age of 12 (2007), and my question is that why the glucose is usually uploaded when I go out without eating breakfast?For time reasons I have sometimes had to do it and the VRD usually goes wrong because at approximately 2 hours the glucose shoots me about 250 having woke up inside the fasting ranges.

apas02's profile photo
apas02
09/18/2017 4:18 a.m.

Diabético Tipo 1 desde 2007
Apidra y Lantus (plumas)
HbA1c: 6.4% (dic. 2017) - 5.9 (mar. 2018)

Hi Apas02, what hours do you put the lantus?How do you not have breakfast?

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
09/18/2017 5:03 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

My daughter has ever happened to get up later.According to the version that his endo gave us it is because the body normally knows the time when my daughter gets up and her brain gives the order to prepare for the activity, if there is no intake of Hidrado the liver begins to release the glucose of the glucose ofYour reservations and by not administering insulin from there the hyper.
But as Dani has also told you, it can be for the Lantus, in most cases it does not cover 24 h.My daughter put it at night, and for a great year.From the year he began to have hypers before dinner, and we realized that the Lantus only covered about 20 h, so his endo decided to change Tresiba.
You will have to give if it only happens to you when you don't have breakfast, but the best eat it with your endo.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
09/18/2017 9:57 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

At that time, as they tell you, it takes a bit quickly to compensate for the slow, especially if you have already put it on you, although most insulin, except Lantus, arrive at 24 hours.

Also the explanation is what @"rociollinares" tells you ...

That also explains that it is faster in the morning than in the rest of the day ...

You must always put insulin and breakfast, don't jump meals and even less breakfast ....

JPR's profile photo
JPR
09/18/2017 10:04 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

@"Apas02" I jump me sometimes and they don't have to get up if you are slow enough.But if you don't have it, it's normal.Although you do not eat your body is always using glucose for certain things and takes it out of reserves or proteins that converts into glucose (it is not much but if you do not have enough insulin it will give you a climb).
Depending on what time you get the slow one and how much it covers you can happen to you.There is also some other situation when you exercise considered anaerobic (short and very intense such as weightlifting) that can also rise glucose.It sometimes happens to me at the gym, I enter 90-100 and leave in 200 at the time to do weights.Other times it does not affect me and I leave the same as I do the same.
When I skip the breakfast (on weekends) I wake up at 8 as always to put the slow one and return to bed.Thus I stay well until I wake up at 11 or 12 and no longer breakfast because it's late.Also ever if I skip dinner because I am not hungry but always controlling that the glucose level is sufficient so that I do not sleep sleeping.If I see that I am fair as something with sugar and ready.In my case I can do it because the toujeo does not give me dirts, it keeps me stable all night.To skip meals you have to know your body well and how the insulin affects you that is taking effect at that time.And get more controls to see that everything is fine.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/18/2017 10:58 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

I share opinion colleagues.Liver and lack of basal, for releasing glycogen the liver if you get up in 100 it does not go by ace 250

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/18/2017 4:06 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Hello, my son uses only fast insulting, the microinfusora does, but it usually happens sometimes especially weekends that he does not eat at his time because he lasts anymore and takes rigor 6am and is at 100 at 2 hours before breakfast 130 -140 ????
Greetings a hug

9406 's profile photo
09/19/2017 2:10 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It can be the famous Alba PSI effect if you get up with acceptable values ​​does not shoot so much.It also goes for seasons, a few days if and others do not.
The best to observe and act accordingly.I would tell you that you eat something light and get fast to lower the starting value (which must be high) more the little you have ingested.Many hours without eating is not very good for anyone and less for us.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/19/2017 8:15 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@"Dani76" I supply the night at 10.

apas02's profile photo
apas02
09/20/2017 2:07 a.m.

Apidra y Lantus (plumas)

@"Rociollinares" something similar was thinking that the body releases glucose to start the day and without present insulin, because it goes up.It is only in the mornings that I get up.

apas02's profile photo
apas02
09/20/2017 2:09 a.m.

Apidra y Lantus (plumas)

@"Yesssica_a" usually the meals do not jump them, although I have done it when I cannot eat lunch and that, but it keeps me normally 100-140 out there

apas02's profile photo
apas02
09/20/2017 2:11 a.m.

Apidra y Lantus (plumas)

@"Ruthbia" Once I think that if I did that of eating a slice of bread and injecting my apidra and ps I endure until later that I ate something stronger.In that case I was not compared as when I left without eating anything.Usually when I get up late and I have no time to eat, I do that, because from my house to the U it's far so I need to get to the time:/

apas02's profile photo
apas02
09/20/2017 2:15 a.m.

Apidra y Lantus (plumas)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.