{'en': 'Frequent hyperglycemia in a ten year old boy', 'es': 'Hiperglucemias frecuentes en niño de diez años'} Image

Frequent hyperglycemia in a ten year old boy

marpis's profile photo   10/01/2017 11:34 p.m.

My son has type 1 diabetes diagnosed a year ago.

Until before starting the summer he had a good control of diabetes, to the point that glycosy hemoglobin had it in June at 6.1.

But during the summer and especially now in September it has enough hyperglycemia (glucose between 200 and 250) and hemoglobin now has it in 7.6.

I upload the amount of insulin;But the situation does not improve.

My question is whether this is normal?

My son has a good control in the rations of carbohydrates that he takes and also exercises regularly.

marpis's profile photo
marpis
10/01/2017 11:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What treatment does your child have?

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/01/2017 11:36 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Keep up what you need. When they give a stretch they increase the dose a lot.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/02/2017 2:16 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

What basal insulin does it use?

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
10/02/2017 2:42 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Today I have gone to the consultation and the Insune have uploaded: 19 of Lantus and 5-7-5 of Novorapid;My son is very big for the age he is.Have how you do in these following days;In the consultation they have told me that growth hormone produces hyperglycemia.

marpis's profile photo
marpis
10/02/2017 11:38 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

My son is superhyperglycemics.But then he has hypoglycemic moments.I don't understand it and I don't know what to do.It is 2 in the morning and here I am waiting for him to go down, I put insulin to correct because he was going for 271 and 1 hour later goes for more than 300. The meals we control them, but it has been a season and every time he goes toMore than hours, it starts to rise without control to high levels.It is as if the slow one did not take effect.But nevertheless, at night after dinner it usually makes hypoglycemia and I'm afraid to raise the slow one.But then the climb begins and there is no one to stop it.What can I do ??

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
10/06/2017 1:56 a.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

How slow and what time do you wear it?
If he wakes up high, you will have to climb the slow.Yes it is low after dinner, you will have to lower the quick of the dinner and give it right, if you need it.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/06/2017 2:50 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The slow time you apply?Did you try before eating that I wait a little while, are you trying with 5 minutes, another day with ten minutes, until you see that it does not do so much peak, is it in all the meals high? Or in any special?I medis two hours after eating always?And the hypo are usual in the same meal?

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
10/06/2017 3:15 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

We use Levemir.2ud to Lad 9 in the morning and 1 at 9 p.m.@"Dani76" You have understood me badly, the meals are controlled well except for dinner that usually makes hypoglycemia, when it goes up is between hours, without having eaten hydrates.Mid -morning, in the afternoon and at night.We are going up dose of slow because before I didn't even have, but there is no shape.3 weeks ago approx.Only with the fast we were going well and now that we have incorporated the slow one, there is no way to hold him between hours

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
10/06/2017 12:21 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

Hi Dalu, I have understood what happens, I wanted to investigate a little more.At dinner, if then you have hypo x there you have to lower the fast a little and if it is necessary to give it something to eat before bedtime, do you put the slow at night?I asked you x the HC since sometimes one does not take into account that the fats rise a lot but several hours later, and also the slow around three hours begins effect, I say x the hypo.It happened to me that he got together with a fast effect.
And another situation that has happened to me is that my son began to be high, the diabetologist told me that the insulin cartridge changes and obviously that was ...
Also at the beginning my son two hours after eating was in rank, and one hour later, or an hour and a half later when measuring it to eat, it was high, that was because it lacks slow ... all this requires to see, trying, adjusting, going down, going up, but you will find what is best for your child.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
10/06/2017 2:22 p.m.

Argentina

The honeymoon is being passed and its body no longer produces insulin.When it started, it would continue to produce something and that's why it arrived quickly but little by little the body stops producing insulin and increases the slow one it needs.
For dinner downturn I would try to reduce the rapid and for hyper between hours to increase slowly.The slow one should be so that without eating the glucose does not vary.
When you see best it is at night a few hours without eating.If when you lie, it no longer has a fast effect, with the slow well tight, it should be lifted in a value similar to when you lie.If you have a continuous monitor the night curve should be practically flat.You will have to go up slowly until you get it.Go up little in little to avoid hypos until you see that it is fine.
The same thing happens only that the moving can download you with the slow one.Children who don't stop still need less slowly for the day at night.
I do not know how the Levemir acts but if it is 12h you will have to adjust the day and night separately because it is normal that it does not need the same at rest as moving.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
10/07/2017 9:49 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.