{'en': '5 clear signs that you have the sugar level too high', 'es': '5 signos claros de que tienes el nivel de azúcar demasiado alto'} Image

5 clear signs that you have the sugar level too high

fer's profile photo   09/20/2017 11:32 a.m.

Diabetes is one of the evils of contemporary society.In Spain alone, the number of affected amounts to 5.3 million, according to the data of the European Diabetes Society.That is, 13.8% of Spaniards over 18 have type 2 diabetes. In addition, the future perspective is even worse.Dr. Medha Munshi, director of the Geriatric Diabetes Program and Assistant Medicine Professor at Harvard, says that in 2035 there will be 205 million more affected.

If it is not controlled, this metabolic disease that occurs when blood sugar levels are very high, can lead to serious complications such as heart disease, renal damage, nerve condition and vision loss.

In Spain alone, the number of affected amounts to 5.3 million, according to the data of the European Diabetes Society

One of the reasons that explain why so many people do not follow a treatment is because they simply do not know that they have it, because the symptoms caused by diabetes are discreet.These tend to appear gradually, so the patient may not realize that he is.We collect the five most common.

1) Don't stop pis

The increase in urination is a revealing sign that your blood sugar level could be out of control."When you have too much glucose or sugar in the bloodstream, your kidneys try to eliminate extra through urine," explains to 'prevention' Joel Fuhrman, author of the book 'The End of Diabetes'.

As a result, you end up going to the service more frequently than usual, even in the middle of the night.And since you are losing a lot of liquid, you are likely to be more thirsty and feel your mouth dry.

2) You are very thirst

Pishing more often means that your body is getting rid of more water than usual, which "can put you at risk of dehydration."This can be thirsty, even if you are drinking the same amount of water as usual.In addition, it is the fish that bite your tail: the more you drink, the more you pis.

3) You are very tired

Fatigue is a classic side effect of dehydration.So if you are urinating more often and you are more thirsty than usual, you could find yourself feeling strangely tired, explains Elizabeth Halprin, director of the Joslin Diabetes Center, in Boston.

You can be very exhausted without having done anything different, even having slept the same hours as always.

If it is not controlled, this metabolic disease can lead to serious complications such as kidney damage or vision loss

4) Your vision is blurred

The eye macula is a small part of the retina in charge of perceiving the detail of the things we see.But when glucose levels are too high, a fluid can leakes in the eye, swelling it.

This size increase affects the lens, and makes it cannot focus correctly.When that happens, your vision can be blurred and unclear, even if you are wearing glasses or slows like usual.

5) The gums bleed

Sugary bacteria affect gums.They make them red, swollen and more prone to bleed when one brushes or uses tooth thread.Normally, the body fights against germs causing oral infection."But high sugars make the mouth a much more friendly place for bacteria," says Halprin.

Remember that being cautious is worth two.

fer's profile photo
fer
09/20/2017 11:32 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

There are some more, not only do they opt for high blood glucose, but you can be with a cetona of 3.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
09/20/2017 5:17 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

My sweet friends Alfredo from Venezuela very good these tips they publish.This typ of high sugar levels reminds me of the first moments in which my diabetes moments came out in which I knew nothing about my new condition, everything that informed here happened to me;In first consultation with my doctor Dr. Mario Paolillo told me what goes to happen to me when the sugar low would feel the pain of my legs that is really horrible.I thank Tania Boom of the Venezuelan Diabetics Union, she helped me and continues to do it.Thanks to you do not faint the work you are doing in great because informing and helping the one who does not know is a very big job greetings and a felíz Christmas.

HERRERA 's profile photo
HERRERA
12/20/2017 5:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.